PDA

View Full Version : September

alissantos
02-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Going to "Magic World" in early September... :thumbsup:
Despite the heat and humidity, which i don't enjoy much, is it still a good time to go??

disneymom15
02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
We love Sept. It's hot, but not as hot as July. Crowd levels are very managable.

caryrae
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
We like to go towards the end of Sept. to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival and the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party if we choose to do one or both.

faline
02-25-2011, 11:47 AM
We like to visit in September. Early September is very hot and humid but crowds are typically quite low. Crowds do tend to pick up as the special activities are added in.

AlliMo
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I am going mid-september too! To my knowledge the crowds really die down after labor day... It still is hot though :)

JenniferS.
02-25-2011, 12:46 PM
We usually leave on the first Thursday in Sept. It is the BEST time to go. Most rides are walk on. Others can be between 10-20 min. More popular rides can be a bit longer, but never longer than 60 min. usually...just get a fastpass. It is extremely hot and humid and usually there are quick passing thunderstorms each afternoon.

Pop Centurion
02-25-2011, 06:42 PM
We love going in Sept. If you can stand the humidity you will love the convenience of low attendance in the parks.

KennyandKim
02-27-2011, 05:46 PM
We are planning our trip Sept 18-24. I have contemplated changing dates because of the heat and humidity. My daughters and I are redheads and we don't do heat well but it's their birthday and Disney is where they want to be so I'm willing to give it a try. We usually go in March

epceddie
02-27-2011, 10:18 PM
Good ways to beat the heat are to bring a misting fan or one of those little portable fans that come on a string. I think Wal-Mart and the bigger drugstores have them.
Stay cool!

MarkC
02-28-2011, 09:21 AM
During our last trip in July we went to a local sporting goods store and bought an item called FroggToggs. I'm sure there are similar products as well. We wet them in the morning and draped them around our necks. Occasionally we would refresh them at a fountain, but they did a great job of keeping us comfortable during the day. I strongly recommend you purchase something to help you control the heat. Is was one of the best $15 purchases we've ever made. We're going this September and will use them again.