Travelers :
Dear Daughter
Me

Date: February 16, 2011, Wednesday

Plan for the Day:
Check out of Bay Lake Tower
Fly to Manchester

How the Day Went:
I woke up a few times during the night but think it was around 7 when I got out of bed. I showered, dressed, and finished up my packing. I made some coffee and had a cup while waiting for Carolyn to get up and organized. While waiting for Carolyn, I called our town car service to insure that they would pick us up at Bay Lake Tower and NOT at the Contemporary.

Around 9:30, our checked bags were ready to go so we walked them down to the resort airline checkin desk. We’re flying home on Southwest. Our bags were taken and our boarding passes delivered. Carolyn wanted to check out a watch she had eyed in the gift shop so that’s where we went next. She decided to purchase it. New watch in hand, we returned to our room where I spent some time on the patio enjoying the view. This was the mildest morning of our trip and today is expected to go into the mid-70’s. This is the only day I really ventured out and got to use the patio.

All too soon is was 11:00 a.m. – checkout time. We took our carry on luggage and made our way downstairs to the lobby. Our pickup was scheduled for 11:25 a.m. I called at 11:25 to find that no-one had informed the driver to come to Bay Lake Tower and he was waiting at the Contemporary instead. No matter, he pulled up in a few minutes and we were on our way.

Surprisingly, there was no line for security at Orlando Airport – I can’t remember the last time I might have said that! That was fortunate as we really did not have a lot of time. Once past security, we grabbed some to go items from McD’s and took them to our gate with us. We had just started consuming this food when our plane pulled up to the gate. Not much longer after that, we started the boarding process. We were the 3rd and 4th to board the plane (one person using a wheelchair and 2 men on line in front of us). I had hoped the plane was not full and we would be able to claim a full row for ourselves. Many people on board did end up with a full row but, unfortunately, a woman stopped at our row and asked if the seat was taken. I could do nothing else but permit her to take the aisle seat while I moved into the middle one. Darn! Still, she was a nice enough lady even though she initially buckled part of my seat belt into her belt and we needed to get that sorted away before I could buckle up.

A family with a car seat must have been running late as they boarded just as the plane was getting ready to shut the doors. Then they needed to get someone to give up a window seat so that they could place the car seat into the window seat. It apparently took a bit of persuading and the offer of a free drink before they found a volunteer.

Still, we were in the air pretty much on time and thus, we are on our way back to winter, snow, ice, and freezing temperatures!

Our flight arrives a little early. I call Gene as soon as we’re given permission to use phones and he has just arrived at the airport. He will meet us in baggage claim. We’re in row 5 so we’re off the plane pretty quickly. As Manchester is such a small airport, it only takes a few minutes to get to baggage claim. Gene is there and it’s good to see him!

We collect our luggage – though one of my two bags is a bit slow to appear. We head across the way to where Gene has parked the carand then drive to Carolyn’s house where her husband, David, is waiting for her arrival. He helps take her luggage out of the car; we bid good-bye and head the short distance to our house. Here, we drop off my luggage and go out to eat (as though it's been a while since I did that)!

As much as I enjoyed this trip, it's nice to be home!

DisneyBarb
02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
As always, enjoyed your reports!!! When is your next trip back?

Glad you got to spend time with your daughter!

Suz36
02-24-2011, 10:11 PM
It's always nice to end with an uneventful flight home. Thank you for taking us along on your Disney adventure. I'm sure you will cherish these memories with your daughter - what a special trip!

mouseketeer mom
02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Always bittersweet to be back home!
I cannot imagine no line at MCO security. Its usually torture getting through there!

yjgirl32
02-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you so much for sharing. Great report.

faline
02-25-2011, 09:39 AM
As always, enjoyed your reports!!! When is your next trip back?

Thank you. Coming right up, actually. We're heading back this spring!

KylesMom
02-25-2011, 09:52 AM
What a wonderful trip with DD, Linda. I bet this is one you'll not soon forget. I'm just a tad envious that you're going back so soon!

Thanks for throwing some sunshine our way! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
02-25-2011, 03:03 PM
The last day and returning home are truly bittersweet but it sounds like you and your daughter had a great time, despite her illness.
No waiting for security at MCO? Never thought that was possible!
As always, I enjoyed your reports. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

buzznwoodysmom
02-26-2011, 09:15 AM
As much as I love our trips, and often tease that I'm never ready to go home, it is nice to be back home after being away for a while, isn't it? I'm glad your travels back home were safe!

Tigerinvestigator
02-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the trip reports, I enjoyed them all. Even felt a little bit of those blues as you left, but we leave two weeks and I am ready!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

princessgirls
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
A wonderful relaxed time spent in WDW with your daughter Linda!

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
03-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Thanks for the report.

Beach Club Babe
03-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Glad everything went smoothly for your departure.

emerzmom
03-21-2011, 02:56 PM
I have had several mother daughter trips and they are truly special. I am glad you had such a good time with your daughter. I hope she is feeling better now. :mickey:

DizNee143
03-26-2011, 05:51 PM
sounds like a nice day..besides having to leave disney that is..lol..:mickey: