PDA

View Full Version : Bigger Cruise ship +/-???

deedeenmickey
02-24-2011, 07:33 PM
Do you think it's a plus or a minus that the Dream and the Fantasy are soooo much bigger with more passenger capacity than the Magic and Wonder? I am booked for the Dream the first of April for our very first Cruise but the more I think about it, I think the spas and resturants and pools will be more crowded and Castaway Cay will be more crowded? What do you think?????:confused:

BBN11
02-25-2011, 08:16 AM
From what I hear, no. We were on the Magic last year and will be on the Dream in August.

The ship has more deck space and now the Aquaduck. As, I understand it the have changed the height restriction to 42" but raised the single rider height to 54" due to the weight need to make the raft go. Aquaduck gives guest another water activity. So, the Dream has a kids pool (Mickey), Mickey slide, family pool, family hot tub, Aquaduck, adult pool w/ swim-up bar and adult hot tub.

Also, the Dream has mini golf and new sports simulators. To me there is more to due on deck.
Spread out the crowds. Also, I am hearing that most recents cruises have not been sold out.

Castaway expanded the family beach they now have two areas and there is also Cookies Too. So, now if you are at the second family beach area you can dine at Cookies too, which is a little smaller than the original Cookies.

We are looking forward to a new adventure. Enjoy your first DCL experience. :cloud9:

DisneyFr33k
02-25-2011, 01:38 PM
From what I've heard from those who have been on them is that there is so much more to do on these larger boats than time allowed (only 3 & 4 night cruises).

I won't go on them until they offer 7 night cruises. That way I can experience everything it has to offer.

Just my :twocents: