PDA

View Full Version : Dream

waymickey
02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
We will be on the Dream in August. I see they have a movie theater and that popcorn and movie snacks are available outside the theater. Is that food included or not in the price of the cruise? Also we have a late dinner time 8:30 and was thinking there is no way my family is going to wait to eat so late. Is there a place to eat earlier? Room service maybe? I am a bit upset that i will not get to to enjoy the meals in the restaurants but by 8:30 my DD will be very Cranky and probably will not eat. any suggestions?

iloveokw
02-24-2011, 12:16 PM
No, you have to pay for those items. Are you waitlisted for early dining? You will be able to do Room Service, also the burger/pizza places might be open. Also some nights you can eat a sit down meal in Cabana's. Maybe you could feed your child earlier and have the children go to the kids clubs/babysitting while you eat a peaceful meal.

Tink1
02-24-2011, 05:10 PM
The popcorn they have for the movies is cellophane bagged like you buy at a store. Not very good IMHO.

Every cruise my comment card suggests they get a REAL popcorm machine! Heck, I have a movie theater type one in my kitchen, you think they could have one.

Nanc'

BBN11
02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
We had late dinner last cruise and we will have again in August. My 3 sons are older and will probably eat on their own around 4-5p, but that what I suggest. Flo's Cafe around the pool decks offers plenty of different items to hold kids over till dinner. Also, you can have your server at dinner bring their entrees sooner, while you enjoy your appetizers and salads.

I like the later dinner, because on shore days it give you way more time. If you have the earlier dinner, you have to back on board by 4pm or earlier just to get ready for dinner. If you are on a 7 day cruise you can always skip dinner in the dining room on some nights. And as a previous poster said you can also eat a Cabanas. Cabanas will become a table service dining room at night. It will have select hours e.g 6:30p-8:30p, but you can go anytime you want. We ate at Topsider one evening on the Magic and it was a nice change from the big dining room.

So, if a piece of pizza or chicken tenders around 4pm will hold your little ones over, go for it....
Enjoy!:cloud9:

waymickey
02-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Yes a real popcorn machine would be great. I figured that is whatthey had considering they have a beautiful movie theatre why not a real popcorn machine. :popcorn:

I was thinking about feeding my DD early and having her enjoy the kids clubs but I was thinking she would probably be spending a lot of time at those clubs at other times of the day. Also as old fashioned this may sound we have a family sit down dinner every night, I feel it is important, it gives us time as a family to find out how everyone's day was.

Not sure if I am wait listed guess I will call this weekend and find out.