PDA

View Full Version : Castaway Cay Beaches

wendybird
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
My DH, DS (6), and I are planning on getting out early and grabbing a great spot to spend the day on CC. Do you recommend getting off at the first or second stop? Which of the two family beaches are better to "set-up camp". Is one quieter or less crowded?? We will be doing a few things while there (mostly DH and DS), but I mainly plan to relax at our beach spot :vacation:

Ed
02-23-2011, 10:15 PM
It's been a while since we've been to the family beach area; we hang out at the adults-only beach (we're :old: ) :D

Last time we used the family beaches, we went to the second beach area; there was more shade and it seemed less crowded. And if you get there quickly, you might score a nice hammock!

BBN11
02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
1st family beach is large and I thought that had more shade. The new 2nd family beach is right by Pelican Plunge and the sports/game tent area. It is also where the teen beach used to be.

We got off the ship very early last year and walk to the beach, we did not take the tram. The big family beach was empty. If you think your kids would like Pelican Plunge and the game area (basketball,pool, pingpong etc) then go to the
2nd area.

Enjoy!:cloud9:

wendybird
02-25-2011, 11:25 PM
1st family beach is large and I thought that had more shade. The new 2nd family beach is right by Pelican Plunge and the sports/game tent area. It is also where the teen beach used to be.

We got off the ship very early last year and walk to the beach, we did not take the tram. The big family beach was empty. If you think your kids would like Pelican Plunge and the game area (basketball,pool, pingpong etc) then go to the
2nd area.

Enjoy!:cloud9:

He might like Pelican Plunge, but would be more interested in the water and sand than Bbal, pong pong, etc. If we set up "camp" at the 1st family beach, how far is to go and play and pelican plunge for a while?