PDA

View Full Version : Animator's Palate on Dream

gregf71
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
My family and I are taking the Halloween Cruise on the Dream this year. I have been hyping up Animator's Palate to my daughter and heard on a podcast it is different on the Dream than the Magic and Wonder. It was described as a giant Turtle Talk with Crush with several large screens where an animated Crush (and possibly other characters) appear and interact with the guests. Apparently the whole black and white to color evolution throughout the dinner is no longer a part of the "show".

Now this podcast was from a pre-inaugural sailing for media members. Could it be that they did not have the entire "show" up and running yet? :confused:

cajunprincess
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I was on the preview cruise, and the screens with crush is a pretty good description. No more color changes. No more images that start in black and white then change to color. Just giant screens with Crush. I was sad too. Sorry.

John
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
As we said - it's still VERY cool and it's a great effect, it's just "different" from what was done on the previous Disney Cruise ships. Definatley no changing from black to white effect. Didn't see how they would do that anymore.

BTW, it's a LOT of screens - enough screens that it looks like windows when they all are operating.

gregf71
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. We are a little bummed that it is different, but hopeful that this new re-imagined version will be cool.

I guess this gives us a little more incentive to try an Alaskan cruise! :mickey: