PDA

View Full Version : Booking Pop and to add Dining or not too?

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Thank you to all that had "helpful" replies to my posts while trying to figure out where to take my special needs family for comfort, transportation, and value. You guys and gals are great! We are getting 2 rooms at POP and have requested rooms next to eachother which they were very kind to make notes on our resie describing that it is "factual medical need" and I will follow up with a faxed request also. Thank you for the suggestions I have read on here to do so. You guys are awesome. Happy trails to you all.
Now I am just stuck on Dining and whether or not to do it or not... thoughts? We are considering the quick service plan vs. no plan at all.

Strmchsr
02-23-2011, 08:06 AM
First off, don't bother with the fax. Those just go in the trash. They were getting so many they didn't have time to read them. If you have your needs noted on your reservation, that will be enough.

As for the DDP, that's up to you, but here's questions I think can help you answer: 1.) Do you like to do a planned sit-down meal every day? 2.) Do you eat a LOT of food on your vacation (we find ourselves so stuffed we feel bad after eating a counter service meal, a table service and a snack each day. It's just too much for us).

If you can say yes to those two, then do the DDP. If not, then it might not be the best for you. The DDP doesn't really save a ton of money. If you eat as I mentioned above, it could save you some, but our family never eats like that without the DDP, so it doesn't save us anything.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Actually since you are talking about the quick service plan it gives you a lot of flexibility since you don't have to make reservations....we love the convenience of the dining plan so I say go for it

Strmchsr
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Actually since you are talking about the quick service plan it gives you a lot of flexibility since you don't have to make reservations....we love the convenience of the dining plan so I say go for it

That's what I get for skimming the post instead of reading in detail. Don't know how I overlooked that last sentence. :blush:

In that regard, the convenience of having meals pre-paid is nice. Having crunched the numbers, the QS plan wouldn't save us anything at all as we can still eat cheaper sharing meals and doing things a la carte, but for convenience, it is very nice. I guess it depends on which you care more about - saving money or convenience.

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
:blush: Ok, this does help. I have crunched the numbers and you are right.. it doesn't really save anything, but it does sound like it makes it easier...thank you both. I will look at it from a "convenient" view...got it :thumbsup:

LVT
02-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi, four of us. We eat shared breakfast, 1 snack and then a large early dinner. DPP looks
tempting, but the numbers were not good, due to frequent sharing.
I was tempted by the idea of pre-paid and the credit card "rebate" of 1%, but it is not good enough number wise.
I have to face it. Disney knows the best numbers for them.

Mousemates
02-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I have to face it. Disney knows the best numbers for them.

;) yep, you got that right.

Brainiak5
02-26-2011, 05:17 PM
We tend to end up with snack credits left over. We get the plan for the convienience but we do save a few dollars as well. We will often use the sanck credits at the end to get treats for friends and family back home or to munch on for the trip home.

Daisy'sMom
02-26-2011, 06:04 PM
We love the QSDP. And there is so much food and snacks, we bring them home.
This year since extended family is going and they all want to do table service, we broke down and got it too. It limits you each day and we are not looking forward to that!:mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
02-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Be careful about paying ahead to have everything quick service. On our trip a couple weeks ago we got so fed up with lousy counter service food. (We stayed at Pop, by the way.) My cheeseburgers and bacon at both Pop and Epcot were dry and lukewarm. DD's chicken nuggets at Epcot were flat, uniform disks. The Mickey Waffles at Pop came apart in two pieces, like they weren't using the waffle maker correctly.

The problem with the Dining Plan is that since everybody pays ahead for their meals, Disney can make pathetic food and get away with it.

dwonderz
02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I would go for it, since it makes life easier and you don't have to worry about cash, money, etc.

Then again - you could just charge to your KTTW card and pay the bill off! It's kind of hit or not really miss :) - you could it "hit" it and save some $$ and use it fully OR you could sort of miss and not really save any $$ or not use it fully!

I think it also comes with a mug for your resort - so you can get unlimited drinks :confused:

ransam
02-28-2011, 07:21 PM
I actually like the dining plan and i think it saves you a lot of money.
for one thing it's kind of nice to know its' paid for in advance and you dont' have to budget anymore money. basically you can get off the plane, not not spend anymore money at all if you don't want to.
and persoanlly i like to relax during vacation. it will save you a little, maybe not a lot, but any small amount will help you out.