PDA

View Full Version : WDW Alone

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm going to WDW in September for a week alone, has anyone ever done that? what are you thoughts?

WishingStar2006
02-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I do solo trips all the time and LOVE it....I enjoy going with the family as well, don't get me wrong, but there is something so relaxing about doing what you want to do, when you want to do it and at the pace that you want to. In fact I'm going next week for a quick 4 day trip...my boys are in college and can't take the break from school. I'm really looking forward to it!!!!

You'll have a great time....and if eating alone is a concern, I always take a book but find that the CM are very friendly as well as fellow diners and I never feel uncomfortable...ever.

Have fun!!!!

tinkerkell070
02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
I have had many great trips to Disney over the years but I have to say one of the best was when I went alone. I really enjoyed it. I am not usually the type to do this but it was fine. I even had the free dining and did table service restaurants alone and not once did I feel uncomfortable.

I stayed at the Pop. While chatting at check in with the CM I simply said to the woman checking me in that I was alone on this trip and could she get me a room on the first floor and close. Let's be honest you do have to be careful no matter where you go.

I hope you have a great time. There really is joy in being able to go where you want when you want and not having to be on anyone else's schedule. Enjoy it.

MarkC
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
I've been in the parks alone and talked to people who were there alone. Also been on many other trips alone. You will find friendly people everywhere if you need to talk to someone. There are always people who are sitting down to relax,etc. We've also been on trips of 3 where one of us (usually me) ends up sitting by a single rider on many of the rides, and you will talk to them as well. You'll still have a great time.

pox24
02-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Oh yes. Just was there last wek end. Drove up to play golf. Stayed the BWV. Ate at Flying Fish and in Epcot. Very relaxing going alone sometimes.:thumbsup:

Tinkerbella16
02-24-2011, 03:27 PM
In 2008 I booked at solo trip for the first time.. a few months before my trip, my mother decided to join me. I still had one of the most memorable trips to WDW that year with her...it was like a mother daughter trip. So I cant really say how it is going solo, but I find myself going off on my own at some point during all of my trips to the world and just being in such a relaxing mood because I only have to worry about myself. For the small amount of time I do spend on my own in the parks (eventhough I traveled w/family), it really is peaceful. I recommend you do it at least once.

My mom used to take solo trips every year when I was younger. She would go for Super Soap Weekend and she loved it. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I like going by myself. Do what you want when you want :mickey:

ransam
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
thanks for the replies. I am kind of excited. I went to Disneyland this past Jan and had fun. never felt out of place...but that was only for 2 days...and i notice when i do go w/ a group, i always have fun talking to people when i go off alone. but this trip is for 6 days...In some ways i'm totally stoked but a little apprenhsive as well..

Crow
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
yes Ive done it alone several times. you can do what you want when u want. its a diff type experience.

McLiberal8
02-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I did it last Sept and it was great!

I felt the same as you before I left - a bit apprehensive, afraid I would be super lonely.

And true - there were a few times during the trip where I was wishing there was someone there with me, but most of the time, it was great!

And if you are feeling that way, I recommend you get over any shyness you might have and start talking to strangers! On the bus, at the bar, in a queue, even in the seat next to you on an attraction! I met so many cool and nice people, this way!

You can look through my old trip reports from that vacay, as well, if you want to see first hand how it was with me!

DreamFinder2
02-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm going on my first 'solo' trip in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to it. The only weirdness is going to be enjoying attractions that my DW and I usually enjoy together...I've told her that I'm not going to to CoP, because that's her favorite and it wouldn't be right to go without her :(

Otherwise...I'm really looking forward to 4 days in the World by myself :cloud9:

Dopey's Girl
02-27-2011, 11:07 PM
I have done 2 solo trips so far and have loved them! Don't get me wrong, I love my trips with friends and family, but being there on your own, with no one else to try to please is a very special Disney experience. You get to do only what makes you happy, when it makes you happy. It's also so much fun to talk to Cm's and other visitors. I have met some of the most fun people when I've been there alone!

kemps@wdw
02-28-2011, 10:24 PM
My momma always said that "you have to enjoy your own company before anyone else will". So, a solo trip to WDW, for me, would be great. Cause I can't think of anyone I'd have more fun with than...ME! :D

SandmanGStefani24
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM
Ah the solo trip...:number1:

I love solo trips. Seems a little selfish but it is such a great way to do wdw. I always make great time and get through the parks quickly and can ride my fave rides more than once. Also I get to get up when I want, sleep when I want, eat what and when I want,ect.

I love going with friends and family too but sometimes a solo trip is just what the dr ordered.
The only time I notice my solitude is when sitting at ts restaurants, which a smartphone easily fixes. I have a blast and you will too!
:thumbsup:

wdwaggie
04-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Enjoy yourself! We are taking our first trip without kids in September for my 40th Birthday and I know my DW will want to take her usual day nap and I am actually looking forward to a few solo excursions to the parks while she gets her beauty sleep!!! Have fun!:thumbsup:

MushuGrl
04-11-2011, 10:31 AM
I've never taken a whole trip by myself, but there's been times that I've split away from family and friends to do things they didn't want to do. And I never FELT alone! I made new friends, and always seem to have a family to "adopt" me for a ride or two.

wildernesslady
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm going in solo in May for 27 hrs. I'm looking forward to it.