PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan snacks

Disney_pups2
02-22-2011, 10:52 PM
When getting a snack on the dining plan, if you get a 20oz coke do you also get a cookie or something with it at the same purchase? Or is the snack gone for the coke?

lettripp
02-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Unfortunately the snack is the Coke

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 05:33 AM
hmmm.. ok.. thank you so very much for the info.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 10:10 AM
she is correct, the snack is the coke....generally the rule is anything under $4 is a snack. There used to be a list of snacks on intercot somewhere but I don't remember where.:unsure:

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
she is correct, the snack is the coke....generally the rule is anything under $4 is a snack. There used to be a list of snacks on intercot somewhere but I don't remember where.:unsure:

I don't know if I found the list Mississippi you are talking about but what I did find, made me a little confused by the "under $4" seeing as the coke and some other snacks together are under $4.. but I've got it now..;) thanks!

PopPhan
02-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't know if I found the list Mississippi you are talking about but what I did find, made me a little confused by the "under $4" seeing as the coke and some other snacks together are under $4.. but I've got it now..;) thanks!

The "Snack credit" can be used for One Single Serving product (that sells for under $4 - this is by example, as I have seen no actual rule on the pricing)

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Sorry, I forgot to put the single serving phrase in there. I guess that would have clarified it a bit more....

In my opinion there are much better uses of the snack credits than a soda and if you do a search you will probably find several threads about favorite snacks...some of my favorite are:

Chocolate Pecan Caramal Cluster-MK candy store
jalepeno and cheese pretzel-Animal Kingdom
churros from Mexico, pastries in France and Norway in Epcot
pastries from Starring rolls-DHS

magicman
02-23-2011, 12:34 PM
We came up with a standard rule on our last trip to optimize our snack credits (because we never have enough snack credits). We try to use snack credits for snack purchases > $3.00, and we use cash for purchases <$3.00.

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Magicman, that is a great rule of thumb. If we do the dining we will follow the same rule. Awesome info. ;)