PDA

View Full Version : Play n Dine at DHS

finaldynasty
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
DW and I are a little over three months away from being able to make our ADR for our next trip. We were thinking about our usual character breakfast spots and I mentioned this Play n Dine. I am not overly enthuse about going because half of the characters they have are no longer on Playhouse Disney, I mean DIsney Jr. In any case, is it not time to update this meal? This has been the same since 2008, but at least with the other meals if a character does not have a show, they have been around for a while or have rereleased their DVD like Sleeping Beauty. I don't see Disney releasing JoJo's Circus again...Please tell me I'm wrong for not wanting to see JoJo. I would love for the other Little Einstiens to be avialable as well. Am I asking to much?
:mickey:

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:35 AM
My cousin really wants to do this. I say no way.

floridamom
02-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I agree that this character meal is ready for a reboot, at the very least to incorporate the new Disney Jr. name. Wonder who will replace JoJo ... Special Agent Oso?

BTM
02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
While I understand the need for an update, this is one of our favorites. Our son, who will be 6 this year, loves this place. The kids get up to dance and sing with the characters and the "host" in addition to them just coming around to the tables. It's actually a very fun place and I would recommend it. The food is standard breakfast buffet and pretty good. Last year when we were there they had replaced Goliath with Handy Manny but JoJo was still there along with Leo and June.

whitney37354
02-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Characters now there are June, Leo, Handy Manny (replaced Goliath last spring), & Special Agent Oso (replaced JoJo last fall).

We were there in June & had June, Leo, Handy Manny, & JoJo.

I enjoyed this meal because it wasn't full, was laid back, and the kids could get up and dance with CM's while waiting for characters to come by. I liked that I was able to get cold cereal from the buffet as I'm really not an egg/bacon/pancake kind of gal.

finaldynasty
03-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Characters now there are June, Leo, Handy Manny (replaced Goliath last spring), & Special Agent Oso (replaced JoJo last fall).

We were there in June & had June, Leo, Handy Manny, & JoJo.

Glad to hear that a couple new characters have been added. I think we will try this TS on our next trip. I think my 3yo DD will enjoy Oso and Handy Manny, and her 9 yo DBrother will tolerate it because he secretly likes these characters.