Dear Daughter
Me

Date: February 14, 2011, Monday

Plan for the Day:
Disney Studios
Lunch at the Tune In Lounge
Dinner at Narcoosee’s

How the Day Went:
With the goal of arriving at Disney Studios at opening time, I set a wakeup call for 7:00 with the hope that we’ll be at the bus stop by 8:15. We’re a little off and arrive at the bus stop around 8:30 a.m. It appears we’ve just missed one and it takes a little while for another to arrive. We then head to the Poly to pick up more guests and our bus is now crammed to the gills. From there, it takes a VERY LONG time for us to drive to Disney Studios. There are so many folks on board, I really haven’t been able to see the roads we’re travelling but it seems like we’ve taken some sort of very long detour.

Carolyn then tells me she heard on the news this morning that a Disney bus was involved in an accident with a semi this morning, that 5 individuals were hurt, and a road was closed. She wonders if we’ve needed to be rerouted based on that?

The end result is that stand-by line for Toy Story Mania is already at 40 minutes but the good news is that fast passes are still available so we do that and head over to Tower of Terror. Stand-by is listed as 10 minutes here which wasn’t bad. I purchase 2 5x7 copies of the picture (we were in the front row). We then move on to Rock n Roller Coaster with a 30 minute stand-by. We browse through some of the shops and then head over to the Tune-In Lounge where we lunch at the counter (fish sandwich and onion rings for me; turkey and chips for Carolyn). Carolyn is not really feeling well today – says her throat is sore and her eyes are watery and she’s tired. (Since returning home, she's been diagnosed with a sinus and an ear infection and is on antibiotics.)

After lunch, we use our Toy Story Mania fast passes (so Carolyn does not get an opportunity to see Mr. Potato Head – oh well)! Still, we had fun with the ride. We also go to the Great Movie Ride and are seated in the very front row next to the driver. It’s really not the best spot to sit in order to see all the facets of the ride. We review the park map and decide there are no other must dos here. There are a few purchases I want to make so we accomplish that and I make sure to pick up some Spanish language maps I promised to get for ILoveJack before heading to the bus stop. Additionally, I was stopped by a cast member on the way out of the park who asked if I would be willing to take a survey when I returned home. I supplied him with my e-mail address which he confirmed with me and we were on our way. (The on-line survey arrived yesterday in my e-mail and took close to 1/2 hour to go through.)

The wait for the bus is not very long and we are back at Bay Lake Tower approximately 10 minutes after boarding which makes this morning’s long commute even more perplexing!
Carolyn wants to rest. I change into shorts – yes, it’s even warmer today. I actually wore a short sleeved shirt to the park today (though I still needed to have a sweatshirt over that when we started our day) and even put on sun screen. I then head back down to the pool area to soak up some sunshine.

Before heading back to the room, I go over to the Contemporary and pick up yesterday’s purchases.

Changed for dinner, we hop on the monorail to the Grand Floridian. Along the way, we see Cinderella’s coach and miniature horses at the Grand Floridian chapel. Apparentlly, someone has a Valentine's Day Wedding! Once we arrive, we walk over to Narcoosee’s. We apparently have the first seating as it is not yet open so we spend some time on the deck enjoying the still mild weather.

When the restaurant opens, we’re seated way back by the dock but at a window table which still has a nice view of the Castle.

Carolyn and I share an order of calamari. She has the Winter Vegetables (too much food). Her dish includes goat cheese ravioli but she said the goat cheese ravioli at California Grill was better. I had the Mahi Mahi. No desserts tonight. Carolyn still isn’t feeling well so it’s an early night and we head back home as soon as dinner is done.

I've been to Disney on Valentine's Day before and, at that time, they provided red roses to all the female diners. There were no red roses this evening. Is this something else that Disney has discontinued?

mouseketeer mom
02-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh, thats too bad about Carolyn not feeling well. WDW requires such energy to walk and navigate that it is a tough place to feel under the weather.

DisneyorBust
02-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Sorry to read that your daughter wasn't feeling well, hopefully being home and on antibiotics will have her back in good health.
Enjoyed your day in DHS, seeing Mr. Potato Head is pretty cool, as is the entire queue area. Thanks for sharing the day.

Tigerinvestigator
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks for another great report. Looks like ya'll are getting some relaxation during your Disney vacation which is unusual for alot of people.

yjgirl32
02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Sorry about your daughter not feeling well- our first trip we all got sick at one point on the vacation- it's no fun being sick at Disney.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Sounds like a good day except Caroline not feeling well:ill:

PrettyMinnie
02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for reporting!

Suz36
02-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Sorry Caroline isn't feeling well! I hope it doesn't impact the rest of your trip too much. A Valentine's Day wedding at Disney - how romantic! Glad your packages arrived after all the uncertainty!

Beach Club Babe
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry your daughter wasn't feeling well, but you it still seems you had another magical day

KylesMom
02-25-2011, 09:17 AM
A fun day at the Studios once you got there. I take it Carolyn has never been on TSM? The one thing we've never done is purchased a ride photo. I wish we would have last trip, when we were the only family in our TOT elevator first thing in the morning!

An enjoyable dinner, even if your evening plans were light. I sure hope DD is able to enjoy herself the rest of your trip!

faline
02-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I take it Carolyn has never been on TSM?

This was her first experience with Toy Story Mania. I had hoped she would have been able to see Mr. Potato Head. Right after the potato head parts had first come out, we had taken a trip with Carolyn and her husband. Carolyn and I had a great time in Downtown Disney filling our Mr. Potato Head boxes! It's a fun memory!

buzznwoodysmom
02-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Back on our trip in Feb. of 2007, we also saw a Valentine's Day wedding at the GF, complete with coach and horses as well. On that particular trip we had dinner at Le Cellier on Valentine's Day and did not receive roses either. This is the first I ever heard of such a thing.

Melanie
02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Bummer your daughter is starting to feel yucky. A great day though, minus the early bus snafu, with some great meals. You guys are eating right!

pdrlkr
02-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
03-02-2011, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the report.

princessgirls
03-02-2011, 10:19 AM
A nice day Linda in spite of Carolyn not feeling well. I know what that's like...no fun!!!

Thanks for reporting!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
03-26-2011, 05:05 PM
sorry it took forever for you guys to get to mgm in the morning..besides that sounds like a pretty nice day..sorry your daughter isnt feeling that great..