PDA

View Full Version : End Of August + Oct/Nov deals????

JenniferS.
02-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Well, my boss said that since I take the summer's off to be home w/ my kids, I can't go to WDW in Sept this year. So, I was wondering how it is the end of Aug? Like leave the 18th and come back on the following saturday?? If there were oct/nov deals out we would do that also. Anyone have any ideas if there will be any deals out for then? What about when they could be released? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, trying to decide wether to stay in a monorail resort or a villa (which would cost less w/ current deals out) would be best with 4 kids under 8. Thanks!

faline
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
In mid-August, the crowds are beginning to decrease but they're still there. In addition to that, the heat and humidity is pretty heavy.

Only Disney knows what, if any, discounts will be offered. If they are offered, they'll be posted on the accommodations forum as they become avaialable.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2011, 07:57 PM
We've been twice in late August, and the crowds aren't too bad (and they get less each day), but the heat and the humidity are just horrible! I swear I spent the whole trip in a puddle both times.

If I went again in August, I would stay close and convienent, so I could easily slip back for afternoon breaks and pool time.

We've been lucky and had some deals in late August, but nothing is for sure.

comicguy
02-23-2011, 07:34 AM
The last 4 years we have gone at the end of Aug, because as a teacher I could only go on school vacations (which I refuse to do based on crowds). End of Aug is hot and humid but crowds are down which equals good times for us!!!

olivegirl
02-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Every year we always go the last 2 weeks in August!!! Yes the heat and humidity is there but as long as you make your plans with that in mind, you would be ok! Also the t-storms and heavy rains are daily also. But they come and go quickly! We always plan to go to the parks at opening, stay till 12 or so and then head back to resort for pool time. Then we go to dinner and hit a park for the rest of the night!! For us this works great!!! :thumbsup:

Snow's Mom
02-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree with the last post---get out of the parks around noon when it starts to get unbearably hot. Go back after 4:00 and finish up.

The crowds go down later in the month, so if you're going at the end of August, you should be fine.

I doubt the weather is much different than June or July. We went in July last time and spent full days in the parks, then went back to the pool. We usually lasted until about 4:00. But I wouldn't recommend that with young children. Stay close and take a break.