PDA

View Full Version : Queen Beds in Moderate Resorts

queenmom9497
02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know what the status is for queen size beds in Moderate level resorts? DH is a tall dude as is DD #2 and we prefer queen size beds for our trips but can't quite afford the deluxe level resorts for this years trip.....so ????? I know the PO's were beginning some refurbs-how is that going? On the WDW reservation site, they still list the beds as double. Does anyone know? Thanks!

faline
02-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Coronado Springs has queen beds. My understanding is that Port Orleans French Quarter is in the process of switching over to queen beds. Both of these resorts also have a limited number of king bed rooms.

JPooh
02-21-2011, 09:39 PM
We booked the Coronado for the end of August and the rates were a little higher their and was told it was because they had queen beds. $175 vs. $159, but we had a pin code which made it a good deal.

Disney Doll
02-22-2011, 07:37 AM
Coronado for sure has queen beds. We just loved our stay there. It's my favorite moderate.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
POFQ is getting queen beds as part of its refurb. It is over 1/2 completed, and the rest of the buildings will be done soon.

I love POFQ, and am delighted about the new beds. I've heard that they will move onto POR next, but I don't know if that is confirmed.

JoF
03-01-2011, 08:08 AM
Does this mean there will be queen beds throughout POFQ? This will be great if they are all done by the time we go on our October trip.
We had to rent a roll out bed last time as there were 3 of us in the room and the beds were a little small to share! We were thinking we might have to do the same this time but maybe not! :cloud9:

Mickey'sGirl
03-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I am seriously contemplating a move to Coronado for the Queen beds too (DS12 is 6'2") ... but we got such a wicked deal on the All Star Sports for August ... It would be great to know about POFQ, because it is a nice compromise on the two resorts.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-01-2011, 08:44 AM
Does this mean there will be queen beds throughout POFQ? This will be great if they are all done by the time we go on our October trip.

Yes & Yes :) Yes, all rooms at POFQ will have queen beds (well, other than the ones with a King Bed) and they will be done by your October trip. Enjoy the new rooms :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Yes & Yes :) Yes, all rooms at POFQ will have queen beds (well, other than the ones with a King Bed) and they will be done by your October trip. Enjoy the new rooms :thumbsup:
Do you know if they'll be done for the summer season?

lindique
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Yes, POFQ's refurb is supposed to be done by the end of April. Then they will start on Riverside, which is expected to take about a year. The last I heard, buildings 7, 6, 5, and 4 are completed, and they are currently working on building 1.

CanadianWDWFan
03-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes, POFQ's refurb is supposed to be done by the end of April. Then they will start on Riverside, which is expected to take about a year. The last I heard, buildings 7, 6, 5, and 4 are completed, and they are currently working on building 1.
Awesome! DW and I are also 6 footers, so bed space is a huge deal .... I have sent off a request for quotes. Thanks!

JoF
03-02-2011, 08:36 AM
All I can say is HOORAY!:high5:

GrumpyFan
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Excellent! We are going at the end of this month, staying at Coronado and I'm looking forward to the fact that they have queen size beds. It should make for a much more comfortable night's sleep.

Mickey'sGirl
03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks to this thread, we contacted Magical Journeys, and have changed our stay to POFQ (with an AP discount)... Thanks so much folks! My uber long family will be more comfortable for sure!

Darbylew
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
This is great news for POFQ. We are staying
there in March so maybe we will get a room
with queen beds. :thumbsup: