PDA

View Full Version : Large Group Dining Questions

Bean Bunny
02-21-2011, 10:41 AM
It's so exciting to start really working out the small details of our upcoming trip! This is the largest group I've ever coordinated things for (9 people) and I realized I had a few oddball questions about dining with that big a group. I'm hoping you'll all be able to help answer them for me!!

Our dining reservations consist of 3 families for a total of 9 people. None of the families are on the dining plan, so it will be out of pocket each time. Will it be a huge inconvenience for our servers to provide three seperate checks to our tables?

Also, for budgeting purposes, if they do give us three seperate checks, does each family still pay the automatic 18% tip because we are seated as a group of 8+? Or do they go by each individual check and we select the tip amount?

Thank you in advance for your help!

renecat
02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
My guess since I have never been with that many in my group would be if they split up your bill. An 18% tip will be on each bill. I believe they will be willing to let you have seperate checks.

fabfundisney
02-21-2011, 11:23 AM
I am planning for a group of 18 so I know what you are going thru. The server will be willing to split the check but the 18% gratuity will still be added being that you all are seated and served together.