PDA

View Full Version : Standard Dining Plan question

midlifemagic
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
The standard dining plan has change since our last visit. Has anyone had experience trying to substitute a dessert (included in plan) for an equal value appetizer? (not included in plan)
Your input is appreciated.

PopPhan
02-21-2011, 10:45 AM
It is not allowed. Dessert on the DDP is dessert, not dessert OR appetizer.

Sorry!!!

DizneyRox
02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Correct.. No substitutions. You can order an appetizer if you pay for it however.

fabfundisney
02-21-2011, 11:27 AM
This has been a suggestion of mine in the past. I hope that Disney will make this change. In the interim, its been my experience that if you have kids on your DDP, they are allowed an appetizer at places such as Le Cellier and Coral Reef. I just munch from them:blush:

DizneyRox
02-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Don't hold your breath for Disney to alter the plan. I'm sure they know people would prefer a choice, however financially speaking, desserts offer more profit.

1. Apps are generally more expensive to produce than desserts.
2. Allowing choice per person means some in a party will choose aapps some will choose dessert. Sharing will happen.
3. Sharing will extend the amount of time people will occupy seats and won't be contributing to the bill.
4. Taking more time to eat means less ppople can be served in any given timeframe. This cuts into profits.

It is not a coincidence that menus have been consolidated and servers are in a rush to turn over tables more now than pre DDP.

We pay OOP and take our time eating...Tip is reflected by the service we receive, including feeling rushed, etc.

midlifemagic
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Thanks to all who responded - much appreciated.

ransam
02-22-2011, 01:11 AM
for some reason at Morrocco, they let us have an appetizer and desert...

midlifemagic
02-23-2011, 07:48 AM
We would be happy with just the swap - trying to keep it a little on the healthy side. Thanks for the feedback!