PDA

View Full Version : ADR's for Large Groups

DisneyMom12
02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
I was able to book my ADr's today. What a nightmare. They make it so stressful for large parties. We are a group of 16-24 people. Having to call the restaurants and leave messages, hoping it's not all full when they call you back. It took me 3 hours to do, and I'm still waiting for a call back from 1, and 2 others will call me later with a conformation if it all works out, how unnerving. The worst was getting the call back from CRT to hear they have room for you, only to have to say you can't take it because they expect payment in full right then and there for all 21 people. I don't have credit cards, and can't lay out that kind of money. I put in a lot of time, energy, thought, and love in to planning my trips, as all of you do to, so you know where I am coming from. Very rarely has anything Disney made me stressed and sad, today was both. I know 6 months from now when I'm there it will all be worth it.

kellykelly
02-20-2011, 04:02 PM
I am still feeling the effects of the 5:50 wake up this morning to make the reservations for our Grand Gathering. We only have nine in our party so it was easier than your large group. I am still waiting to here back on the Yachtsman!!

DisneyMom12
02-20-2011, 04:26 PM
It truly has been the worst experience I have ever had while making them. They really need a better way. It's so organized, and easy booking The Grand Gathering, they should also be able to take care of the adrs as well. As soon as I find out who in corporate to make my complaint to, I most certainly will.

greengeen
02-20-2011, 07:34 PM
It truly has been the worst experience I have ever had while making them. They really need a better way. It's so organized, and easy booking The Grand Gathering, they should also be able to take care of the adrs as well. As soon as I find out who in corporate to make my complaint to, I most certainly will.

I think you're stressing yourself out trying to do something that's difficult under any circumstances, and you want to do it without even the basic requirements - like a credit card. It's not Disney's fault that trying to seat a huge party at a regular restaurant (not a convention venue) is hard. Lighten up. Why does everyone have to eat together at every meal, or even more than one? I suspect that half the people you're planning for aren't going to appreciate it because they'd probably prefer to make their own plans.

kellykelly
02-20-2011, 08:32 PM
I have to agree that Disney does need a better system for large groups. They encourage the "Grand Gathering" so maybe they should have a seperate telephone number. I shouldn't have to begin on online and then call for others because of the size of my party. I also don't want to assume that the above poster is making reservations for people who won't appreciate it. Some of us know the ins and outs of Disney and volunteer to be the family "travel planner".

DisneyMom12
02-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I think you're stressing yourself out trying to do something that's difficult under any circumstances, and you want to do it without even the basic requirements - like a credit card. It's not Disney's fault that trying to seat a huge party at a regular restaurant (not a convention venue) is hard. Lighten up. Why does everyone have to eat together at every meal, or even more than one? I suspect that half the people you're planning for aren't going to appreciate it because they'd probably prefer to make their own plans.

I have no problem leaving my debit card #, I did for a few, but they will only charge it if I cancel less than 48 hours, or I don't show. Brown Derby which is also 2 table service did not ask for it.

My complaint is the back and forth between the reservations, and the restaurants. It should be done through one place instead of calling each restaurant.

We are going as family, and choose to at least share meals together. Everyone does appreciate all the planning I have done, as they asked me to handle it.

DisneyMom12
02-20-2011, 09:11 PM
I have to agree that Disney does need a better system for large groups. They encourage the "Grand Gathering" so maybe they should have a seperate telephone number. I shouldn't have to begin on online and then call for others because of the size of my party. I also don't want to assume that the above poster is making reservations for people who won't appreciate it. Some of us know the ins and outs of Disney and volunteer to be the family "travel planner".

Thank You

fabfundisney
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
My experience wasnt too bad. I made reservations for 18 ppl. I first polled my fellow intercotees on great places for large groups. I was able to get Cape May, Crystal Palace, Ohana and Teppan Edo with little issue for my upcoming April trip. I really wanted to try Garden Grill but being that you have to call them directly and wait for a call back that has yet to happen and its been over a month, I was unlucky. Other than that, I'm happy with my choices. Dont stress too much, as you mentioned when you're there in August, it will all be worth it.

kellykelly
02-21-2011, 08:06 PM
You're Welcome!!!;)