PDA

View Full Version : Shakin' things up...what about Boatwrights?

mouseketeer mom
02-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Returning in April over Easter break. We have done most places in WDW, have enjoyed so many, and many over and over again. We've never tried Boatwrights. Is it worth a trip over to POR to try this for dinner?

Poohshoneypot
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I ate at Boatwrights in 2006. I had the best Prime Rib there...was very good.

mom2morgan
02-19-2011, 09:30 PM
My opinion? It's okay if you're staying at POR anyway, but really not worth a special trip. I think that would be fair to say of any restaurant at a moderate! Boatwright's was fine- we have had decent meals there - but nothing special.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-19-2011, 10:14 PM
Boatwrights - I have eaten there only once but I loved the Jambalaya. My only complaint was the family seated next to us allowed there very tried toddler to cry & cry & cry (MOM take your kids back to the room!!). Not Disney's fault at all but it did make the meal less enjoyable.

jlmct52
02-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Like another poster I absolutely love the prime rib served at Boatwright's. Of course, I'm a little biased....we almost always stay there as we love the atmosphere of the entire resort and always eat at Boatwright's at least once on each trip.:mickey:

darthmacho
02-20-2011, 02:49 AM
My wife and I agreed that Boatright's was the best meal food-wise, that we had on our last 10-day trip. The service was decent, and the atmosphere nice, but the acoustics were bad. We could barely hear our waitress talking because it was so loud in there. That was the only drawback in what I'd consider a nice restaurant. :mickey:

Jeddie
02-20-2011, 09:26 AM
I ate at Boatwrights in 2006. I had the best Prime Rib there...was very good.

Ditto...The Prime Rib with the fresh horseradish was awesome!

PittFan
02-20-2011, 10:51 AM
LOVE the Prime Rib & Beer sampler !!!

incredimellos
02-20-2011, 11:47 AM
My family always stays at POR. Boatwright's is a fine retaurant. I agree the prime rib is the best you'll find around. Don't forget the giant brownie sundae for dessert. Looking forward to going back in 2011.
POR 1994, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007.
ASM 2004:

Fangorn
02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Boatwrights is on my short list of overlooked restaurant "gems" - which also includes Kona Cafe and Olivia's. We have eaten at Boatwrights many times (we frequently stay at POR) and it has always been an excellent experience. As mentioned, the prime rib is excellent, and the pork loin was exceptional.

If you're not in commando Disney mode and want a nice, relaxing dinner off the beaten path, Boatwrights is IMHO a great choice. A walk around the grounds or a boat ride to Downtown Disney adds to the experience.

Enjoy.

Steve

johnO
02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
We've really tried to explore the resorts and eat at the resort restaurants in recent years. Havent done boatwrights though.

JPL
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I haven't eaten there in a few years but every time I have I always had an excellent experience both service and foos wise :thumbsup: I used to love breakfast there but they stopped serving it :(

RavsRuleDisney!
02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
all i know is my DS swears by the gumbo and voodoo chicken! go for it!! :mickey:

ldc12377
02-24-2011, 09:15 AM
tried Boatwright's on our last trip and it was very good! Hubby and I had a nice meal out while grandma kept the kids. This place was very relaxing and we loved the food. We were also able to get a table without a reservation which is very hard to do at most restaurants in WDW during June. We plan on going back this time but getting a ressie this time. I say it is definitely worth the trip. While you're there take a walk around the grounds. POR is a beautiful and peaceful resort. A welcome change of pace from the hurry and hustle of the parks. Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

SBETigg
02-24-2011, 09:50 AM
If you're not staying at POR, it is not worth the trip. If you wanted to check out POR, go in the afternoon and grab a bite at the food court, or beignets at POFQ. But I did not find Boatwright's worth a special trip at all.