PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Bowmakers!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Another random question!! It's so cool to have a world of buddies out there to help with things!
Am getting into the bowmaking thing, and things are falling into place to have a good market here! Not competing, just keeping it local. Looking to fill in the gaps when I retire soon. :cloud9: Still need to make some Disney money! I could work on them sitting right next to the grandprincess. Learning. I'm good at the designing, but want to make sure they're executed with quality.
Do you guys put fabric stiffener (glue) on yours, or not? Seems like kind of a pain, but I want the girls to be happy with them, and have them keep their shape. Have mastered the fraying thing, now need to know if this is a must do?
Thanks so much! If you have any other advice, I'm open to suggestions! Do most of you order your ribbon online? Hard to find the wide ribbon here.:girl:

:thanks:

AvaNellMouse
02-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I have made bows since my first job out of high school working in a flower shop. I just make package bows and lots and lots of floral/wedding bows. I just use wire edged ribbon. :thumbsup:
Are you making bows for clothing or to wear in your hair?

kcrc
02-21-2011, 09:52 AM
I have made bows for my daughter's cheer team, if that's what you mean. I'm certainly not a professional, but what I make seem to last and the girls like. If you want to chat more, PM me!