PDA

View Full Version : Walking from PO to OKW

TracyL
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it's possible, but wanted to check with the INTERCOT team of experts -- can I walk from Port Orleans to Old Key West, and assuming so, about how long does that walk take?

Staying at POFQ for this trip; Boatwright's apparently doesn't serve breakfast anymore (or at least not on that day), so I've booked breakfast at Olivia's in hopes of it being almost as easy.

TIA

wildernesslady
02-19-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure how safe it is. You would be crossing a major road. A taxi might be your best bet. The resorts are right next to each other so the cost shouldn't be to high.

Jim9368
02-19-2011, 08:50 AM
Yes you can walk but there is no sidewalks. Did this with our kids a few years ago and they were so embarrased,

retiredfigment
02-19-2011, 10:17 AM
We have tried to walk between resorts, and always find the lack of sidewalks dangerous. Even walking from the Contempory to MK was a challenge. I agree, don't risk it, taxi might be your best bet.

Scar
02-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Check out Google Earth. You will see there is an easy and safe way to walk from PO to OKW.

RockinRobin
02-19-2011, 10:42 AM
You can take the boat that goes to DTD it stops at OKW if it is running earlier enough

TracyL
02-19-2011, 06:30 PM
If need be, we can drive; I'll have my car. Was just hoping not to have to. I know you can walk between POR and POFQ along the river; thought maybe there was a sidewalk extension to OKW. The Google Earth suggestion is good; I'll try that.

Thanks for your help, everyone -- if anyone else has experience of this, please weigh in!

buzznwoodysmom
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
You can take the boat that goes to DTD it stops at OKW if it is running earlier enough

The one time we stayed at POFQ we took the boat to DTD several times and we never stopped at OKW. The boat only stopped at POFQ and POR. Maybe they do it different at different times, but there was definitely no stopping at other resorts in Oct.