PDA

View Full Version : I'm Psyched

JenniferS.
02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Just got our taxes done and we are getting a very nice refund which is allowing us to book a trip to the world this year!!!!!!!! Not sure what month to choose. Any suggestions are welcome. We have been several times in Sept. which was awesome...except for the heat. I'm looking to go when the weather is a little cooler, but still warm enough to use the pools. Maybe Oct or Nov?? Just wondering which week(s) would be good in those two months. I really would love to go in Sept, but w/ 4 kids under 8 I don't feel like dealing w/ them and the heat. We are used to the low crowds..so if anyone knows of any weeks comparable, please let me know. Thanks!!

Gregandmel
02-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Back in 2008 we went the 1st week in October - we loved it! Weather was great and crowds were very manageable (we got to the parks early and always had a plan!) Even went to the MNSSHP and that was great fun!! NOt sure how different this week is from the weeks you go, but we thought the weather & crowds were terrific (it led up to the 3 day Columbus Day weekend and Friday was a bit busier as crowds were coming in, but the rest of the week was great!). Congrats on the nice tax refund. We got a bigger one than we were expecting, but I think it had to do with having a kid in college ! LOL

GoofyforFun
02-19-2011, 11:40 AM
We had gone in October and was always good crowd levels usually first two weeks went swimming in evenings. Went the week before Thanksgiving --lowest crowd week weather was not bad had a mix of warm days and I believe we had some gloomy cooler days needed a jacket, not to bad if coming from the north. The CM's had there gloves on, LOL maybe it was in the 50's or 60's

DisneyFr33k
02-19-2011, 02:38 PM
We've always gone mid to late October or the first week of November. LOVE the Food and Wine Festival and the weather is wonderful. Still warm enough to swim, but some time cool in the morning and not as humid.

Daisy'sMom
02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
I think you would love the first week of November. Still mild and not to crowded.:mickey:

JenniferS.
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I'm really hoping for some deal to come out for the late fall.:fingers

cer
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Although I have never been in the fall, I would pick sometime in Oct so we could go to the Halloween Party.

BUT I would be thrilled to go either month.

LUCKY!!!!