PDA

View Full Version : Our prospective ADR's for August....

Dsnygirl
02-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Since our trip is 10 park days + 2 travel/flying days, we're being pretty flexible with what we want to do each day. We've had much more detailed, planned out trips in the past, and are looking forward to a more "easy going" approach, esp. since we'll be dealing with the heat of the summer. We're definitely going to make ADR's, esp. since our trip is during "free dining", but we'll also leave ourselves open to moving them/changing them as much as we can, if possible, later on.

So, here are our TS choices -- (the ones w/ *'s are places we've never been...)

Crystal Palace & 'Ohana for our character bkfsts, Kona for our last bkfst before flying out
* Wilderness Canyon Cafe (for a late lunch)
* House of Blues at DTD (not on DDP, but want to try...)
* Chefs de France
* Yak &Yeti
Hollywood & Vine (w/ Fantasmic pckg)
* San Angel Inn
* The Plaza

I'd like to find an evening to go to the Cali Grill for appetizers and/or dessert during Wishes, but we'll see... we've already got a few spots we'll be paying cash for b/c we've got too many TS meals... :blush:

We're also doing the HDDR for the first time -- can't wait! -- and we'll head to Beaches & Cream at the BC one day while we're at Epcot to try the "Kitchen Sink". If that doesn't help relieve the heat, I'm not sure what will!! :)

There are CS meal sprinkled in everywhere, half of which we've never tried, half that are old favorites we just can't miss out on. (Like the veggie panini at Backlot Express at DHS... I could eat one every day,I swear I could... :D)

McLiberal8
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I recommend Chefs De France.

I went there last Sept during my solo trip, and I had the dining plan. They had a 3 course meal that was covered under the dining plan, and it was GREAT. I got French onion soup, the gruyere mac and cheese, a baguette, and creme brulee. Rich as all heck, but way worth it!

Plus - I met Remy!

Dsnygirl
02-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I recommend Chefs De France.

I went there last Sept during my solo trip, and I had the dining plan. They had a 3 course meal that was covered under the dining plan, and it was GREAT. I got French onion soup, the gruyere mac and cheese, a baguette, and creme brulee. Rich as all heck, but way worth it!

Plus - I met Remy!

Perfect segway for a question I had... I've heard people say they've missed seeing Remy b/c he's only out at certain times. Does anyone know what those times are, even a rough estimate?? Our dining times are completely flexible that evening, and our girls would get such a kick out of seeing him... if there's anyway to pick a time that he's usually "out", I'd love to know when that might be...

Pop Centurion
02-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Some nice choices.

We did both Y&Y & HOB for the first time last year & loved both.

If I can make a suggestion. I got a gift certificate from restaurant.com last year to use at HOB & saved a lot of money. Keep an eye out for when they have 70% & 80% discount codes. I got a $25 gift certificate for only $2. Can't beat that. Be sure to try their wings. Probably some of the best I've tasted. Fish Taco's are delicious as well. Also you might want to call ahead for ressies. Our wait was ridiculously long & once we were called, we sat inside for another 15mins before seated. But the food is great & worth it.

Dsnygirl
02-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Some nice choices.

We did both Y&Y & HOB for the first time last year & loved both.

If I can make a suggestion. I got a gift certificate from restaurant.com last year to use at HOB & saved a lot of money. Keep an eye out for when they have 70% & 80% discount codes. I got a $25 gift certificate for only $2. Can't beat that. Be sure to try their wings. Probably some of the best I've tasted. Fish Taco's are delicious as well. Also you might want to call ahead for ressies. Our wait was ridiculously long & once we were called, we sat inside for another 15mins before seated. But the food is great & worth it.

Thank you for the suggestion... I got the GC a few days ago for $4! Not as good as $2, but still, can't beat it. :) Thx for the tip to call ahead... I'll call and see how far out I can make a ressie. Guessing I don't need to do it at 180 -- but even a few weeks probably can't hurt!! :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
02-19-2011, 03:56 PM
A few comments...

May I suggest that you switch out San Angel Inn for the new Hacienda de San Angel... it's getting good reviews and there's a possible view of Illuminations.

Remy is out and about only at lunch, and I think the girls would definitely enjoy the menu there.

HoB is one of our new favorites. It puts you in the middle of DTD, the food is pretty darn good and the atmosphere is lots of fun. :thumbsup: We did have reservations; you can make them online on their site and then they'll contact you to confirm.

The food at Wilderness Canyon Café may be a bit too heavy for a mid-day meal in the summer. It's a fun place though so I understand why you'd want to go. Maybe it would make a good stop for your last day breakfast?

Enjoy your planning! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Your choices look good to me:thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
02-20-2011, 02:13 PM
May I suggest that you switch out San Angel Inn for the new Hacienda de San Angel... it's getting good reviews and there's a possible view of Illuminations.

Remy is out and about only at lunch, and I think the girls would definitely enjoy the menu there.

HoB is one of our new favorites. It puts you in the middle of DTD, the food is pretty darn good and the atmosphere is lots of fun. :thumbsup: We did have reservations; you can make them online on their site and then they'll contact you to confirm.

The food at Wilderness Canyon Café may be a bit too heavy for a mid-day meal in the summer. It's a fun place though so I understand why you'd want to go. Maybe it would make a good stop for your last day breakfast?

Thanks for the tips! We might just re-think the WCC for lunch... you're right about the food midday. Our initial thoughts were using it as a way to escape the heat and enjoy a boatride in the middle of the afternoon... hmmmm...

Our San Angel Inn ressie is Julia's choice for her 13th b'day dinner, so I can't change it out... it's the one place she's always wanted to try. Plus, we tried La Hacienda in January and although good, it was a bit pricey for what you got, and she wants Illuminations "outside, on the water", to quote her. ;) Is the food in San Angel not so great??

How far out did you make ressies at HoB?? I was going to call in the summer...

Got all our ressies this morning, btw... now to see if we want to add or change anything as time goes by. :)

ElenitaB
02-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Congrats on getting your ADRs!

I'm a fan of San Angel Inn and the atmosphere is beautiful!:thumbsup: You did note your ADR with your celebration, right? :party:

I made our HoB reservations when I made our regular ADRs... 180 out.

forever a child
02-20-2011, 06:58 PM

Remy only comes out at lunch? He is never brought out for dinner guests??? :(

Dsnygirl
02-20-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm a fan of San Angel Inn and the atmosphere is beautiful!:thumbsup: You did note your ADR with your celebration, right? :party:

I couldn't find a spot to note it online... you could check off that you have a special request, but nowhere could you put that it is a b'day. :( Maybe I just missed it?? I know you used to be able to do that, maybe it was just during the "Celebrate" theme... I'm planning on calling a CM and having them just add it to our ADR...

Remy only comes out at lunch? He is never brought out for dinner guests??? :(

I did see on a couple of other sites that Remy comes out twice... during lunch b/w 12:30 and 2, and during dinner b/w 4:30 and 6. Not sure how long he is out for, but we made a reservation right in the middle of the dinner time frame, to try and be sure to at least get a chance! :)

McLiberal8
02-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I did see on a couple of other sites that Remy comes out twice... during lunch b/w 12:30 and 2, and during dinner b/w 4:30 and 6. Not sure how long he is out for, but we made a reservation right in the middle of the dinner time frame, to try and be sure to at least get a chance! :)

This is correct - I had ADRs at Chefs De France at 5:30pm and it was perfect timing. Remy came by my table right before my 1st course came!