PDA

View Full Version : Audience Participation @ HoopDeeDoo

Bean Bunny
02-18-2011, 09:05 PM
Thinking about adding the Hoop Dee Doo show to our dining lineup on our next trip. I am very content to not be the center of attention, especially in a big dinner hall filled with people, and the rest of my family pretty much shares that sentiment! :blush: We're a pretty shy bunch. I don't want us to miss out on all the fun because I am a big chicken, but I also don't want to be worrying the whole time that I'll get picked on during the show.

Is there a way to avoid being part of the show? We would be sitting up in the balcony section; do they ever pick people to go on stage from up there or only the main floor? Is it only volunteers or do they pick on random people?

mouseketeer mom
02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
I have been to the Hoop De Doo twice. Once, five years ago, my son was picked to be in the finale as Little Davy Crockett. Then we saw it again this past September and I was picked to be the Can Can Girl, with costume, dancing, lines to say, and all!!! We were in the front both times, however, they did scour the audience from all over before choosing. Not just up front people were chosen.

kakn7294
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
I think if you tell them this when you check-in, they will pass the message on to the performers and they will bypass you. They are also really good at picking up on who wants to participate and who doesn't. Being in the balcony will help to reduce the chances you will be picked but they do still approach the guests who are seated there.

caryrae
02-18-2011, 10:57 PM
The one time we were there we were in the upper balcony area and at one point a couple of the show people came up and one came to us and asked us a couple questions about where we were from and did a small verse of a song about us while the person was standing by us singing but just a very short part of the song. It's not bad at all and kinda fun if you happened to be picked for something. Most people there are just having fun eating, talking, clapping, and watching the show.

gerald72
02-19-2011, 03:22 AM
I was in the front row and Sixbit, was that his name?, told me I had butter on my chin. When I didn't do anything, he kept telling me until I wiped my chin.
It's all part of the fun.

iloveokw
02-19-2011, 06:12 PM
We've done the Hoop De Doo many times and love it. Much to my DD disgust we've never been singled out.....she would love to be the cancan girl. They will point you out if you tell them it is your bday/anniversary/honeymoon.

Bean Bunny
02-20-2011, 02:09 PM
I know if we decide to go, we'll have a great time, so I will definitely put my fears aside and just have fun with it all. Not that it's hard to do when you're in Disney!

Besides, there is always hope the more outgoing members of our party would be picked on before little old me!

johnO
02-20-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, if getting singled out at Hoop Dee Doo is the worst that happens to you, youre blessed.

DS got picked once. It was a great time. They gave him a certificate, which he promptly lost...