PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian V Tine Getaway

DisneyEpcotDad
02-18-2011, 06:02 PM
:mickey:Epcot Dad and DF ventured to GF for V tine getaway 12-16 Feb. Weather was good, high 60s and low 70s as high with a couple of cool mornings. No rain during our stay. DME was timely, check in at GF was available early at 10:30. First time for us both at GF. Resort was worth staying at using annual passholder rate. Had Lagoon view and could see Wishes Fireworks from outside the building. Crowds were relatively light with longest lines being for Test Track at Epcot and Toy Story (what else) at HS! Otherwise was able to get on at least 5 attractions at MK without waiting and the same number at Epcot. Did dinner at Victoria and Alberts, Cape May Cafe, Boma, and 50s Prime Time Diner as highlights. If you do Victoria and Alberts and don't like wine, decline the wine pairing option! Took our time and went at a slow pace to include time to enjoy the Spa and DF to get a facial. Probably would do GF again, but think Epcot Resort area and Beach Club would be my first preference location wise (basically due to proximity to 2 theme parks and variety of eating choices).:smickey:

faline
02-18-2011, 06:52 PM
I was in Disney World during the same dates - the temperatures were a bit below normal but we were glad to see sun and not have any snow!

What a trip! I'm jealous! A stay at the Grand Floridian with dinnter at Victoria & Albert's! Sounds like you experience lots of pampering!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the report

slegrant
02-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the report! My wife and I love the Grand Floridian:mickey:

pdrlkr
02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
02-25-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow, you sure did V-day in style, EpcotDad! Love your ADRs. It also sounds like you were at the right place at the right time as far as crowds go.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey: