PDA

View Full Version : Desparately Need Dining Suggestions

Disneyfirsttimer
02-18-2011, 01:02 PM
This will be our 5th trip. We have been on the Basic Dining Plan every trip except our last one (QSD). We are staying again at Pop, but upgraded to Basic as the QSD got old quick and it was difficult to find places we liked open during September.

Anyway, we will be staying 5 nights so get 5 TS. Below is where we have eaten before:

LeCellier - several times but not using 2 TS
Hollywood & Vine - didn't like
Crystal Palace - dinner only
Liberty Tree Tavern - during MNSSHP
Mama Melrose
Ohana
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's - breakfast only
Teppan Edo - loved
Kona

I am planning the following:
Biergarten - never been
Coral Reef lunch - for atmosphere - never been

I am stuck on others. We have always done 1900 Park Fare our first night and went to MK. Still planning MK our first night, but not sure I want to go to PF. Maybe do Ohana again.

Need 2 more TS as one night will be Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD. I would love to try any 1 TS in another resort or park. We have only ever eaten at Poly, GF and Contemporary (due to monorail).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Karyn

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-18-2011, 01:24 PM
These come to mind:

Le Chefs De France
Whispering Canyon
Yak and Yeti
Cape May
Grand Floridian Cafe
Sanaa

goofy-4-disney
02-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I've always had great service and food at Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. Not sure what you're favorite type of food is, but they have a pretty good selection.

cer
02-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I have heard good things about Via Napoli. We are trying it for the first time in June.

People like Boma, it is not to my liking, but MANY people like it and AKL is fun to visit.

Primetime Cafe for home cookin'.

Just some thoughts! Good luck! :mickey:

Itchy
02-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Here are some of the favorites we enjoy.

Raglan Road ( Doing again in May )

Tutto Italia ( Will be doing this again in May )

The Wave ( Just discovered Last trip and was great doing again in May )

Kona Cafe ( This is a do over also )

Kouzzina ( First time in May )

Prime Time 50's ( A good one time Visit )

Hope this helps :mickey:

jlmct52
02-18-2011, 02:21 PM
You should definitely try Les Chefs de France. The atmosphere is very pleasurable and the food is absolutely delicious.:mickey:

sassy2000
02-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Here are my suggestions:
Boma
Chefs de france
Whispering Canyon
50's Prime Time Cafe

Of course going back to Ohana is always a good idea in my book. :mickey:

Kaps
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Good food and great for the kids. It is at the wilderness lodge

Checkers
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
:mickey:We love Cape May Cafe Clam Bake and Via Napoli.

4everdisneyfan
02-18-2011, 02:48 PM
Been to Disney a ton of times, My favorite TS Dining Experiences:
Biergarten, I love this place but it's not for picky eaters
Rose and Crown Pub (United Kingdom)
San Angel Inn (Mexico) but also not for picky eaters, real Mexican food not Tex Mex
Crystal Palace for Breakfast Buffet...Amazing selection and the best french toast
50's Prime Time Cafe
Planet Hollywood, fun atmosphere, LA fried lasagna is delicious!
Hope this helps!:mickey:

forever a child
02-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I would try

Boma - AKL
Garden Grill (Character Dinning) Epcot
Tony's - MK (I know a lot of people don't care for it but we have had some nice meals there...I especially like it during the 3pm parade...fun to watch while eating)
50's Prime Time Cafe -DHS

magicman
02-18-2011, 03:39 PM
- Kouzzina (on the Boardwalk near EPCOT)
- Akershus (Norway/EPCOT) - if you have kids who appreciate the princesses
- 50s Prime Time - if you like home cooking & enjoy some fun hazing from Aunt Hazle

MN_Dad
02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Another vote for Cap May clam bake. Our family also enjoys Sci Fi for lunch and Marrakesh for dinner.

RedSoxFan
02-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Of the places I ate in December that were outstanding: Ragland Road, Tutto Italia, Via Napoli & Kona Cafe.

gardenia
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I highly recommend Sanaa, Boma, and Le Chefs de France.

Mama Melrose's, Raglan Road, and Via Napoli are pretty darn good, but don't order the Pizza with "Carciofo" (artichoke) and truffle oil at Via Napoli. I found that one dish to be disappointing.

disneymomma2010
02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
we love love the wispering canyon! Food is very good. Atmosphere is awesome as they get into character. Wilderness lodge is beautiful, and we love the boatride from mk to wilderness lodge. We have ate there for dinner the first night during our last two trips and its a great way to get the vacation started. Both times we caught this cute little light parade type thing they do in the water while we were waiting on our boat to leave.:thumbsup:

Disney4us2
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM
We tried Yak & Yeti in December..... Loved it. The cream cheese won ton dessert is so yummy. I can't wait to go back there.:thumbsup:

Brainiak5
02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Here's some suggestions:

Whispering Canyon - good hearty American style food and a fun atmosphere for kids & adults.

Akershus - best character meal IMHO.

Cape May - we've had very good seafood in our trips there.

O'Hana - our favorite breakfast - a must for us on every trip as the kids are Stitch fanatics.

Trail's End - sentimental favorite as we got the greatest CM as a server who got our over-tired daughter to calm down and eat in about 2 minutes :) Food was actually pretty good - we like to go here in summer or spring trips as its selections are like "summer" foods for us.

We're going to try Biergarten & 50's Prime Time for the first time on our next trip - its a 6 niter so I'll share our dinner ADR's if that helps you:

50's Prime Time, Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, Akershus, Biergarten & 1900 Park Fare. Have a great trip :mickey:

Disneyfirsttimer
02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone! It all sounds yummy. Now to make some decisions.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone! It all sounds yummy. Now to make some decisions.

Let us know what you decide