PDA

View Full Version : Charging to room

gerald72
02-18-2011, 04:06 AM
On your check-in day, if you get your park tickets and head to the parks, can you charge to your room before you actually get the room? Or do you have to wait until you are assigned a room?

Strmchsr
02-18-2011, 07:44 AM
The second you get your KTWC you can charge to your room. Your room is actually already assigned to your card the second they give it to you. They just don't tell you which room it is until the room is ready.

cajunprincess
02-18-2011, 10:01 AM
the PP is correct. You can start charging immediately upon reciept of your kttw. Have fun!

gerald72
02-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Sorry, I forgot a part of the question:

Can I buy something, charge it to the room, AND HAVE IT SHIPPED BACK TO MY RESORT, before I actually know my room number?

Strmchsr
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes, you sure can. I did that on my last trip a couple of weeks ago with no problems.

Mousemates
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
yep...pretty much the only thing you can't do with your key card before you "get the call" is actually go to your room.

gerald72
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Ok thanks for the answers!
Another question, just out of curiosity:

If the room is already assigned to you but not ready, I guess they don't tell you the number just to keep you away so you don't try to get in.
What would happen, just by chance, you do try to use your kttw card on the correct door before you get the call? Do you think it would give you access?

Strmchsr
02-19-2011, 07:58 AM
If the room is already assigned to you but not ready, I guess they don't tell you the number just to keep you away so you don't try to get in. What would happen, just by chance, you do try to use your kttw card on the correct door before you get the call? Do you think it would give you access?

Right, they don't tell you because the previous occupant might not have checked out or the room isn't clean yet. I don't know if your key would actually work on the door or not. They might not activate the door part of your key until they allow you in. Not sure about that, though I wouldn't recommend going to every door in your building to try your key. I'm sure Disney security would frown upon that.

ransam
02-19-2011, 02:53 PM
is it just the value or all other resorts....when you charge something and have it delivered to your room, it doesn't actaully go to your room, you have to pick it up at the gift shop?

NH Disneyfan
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM
At deluxe resorts, the package will be put into your room. I think it is value where they ship to the gift shop.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-19-2011, 06:26 PM
At deluxe resorts, the package will be put into your room. I think it is value where they ship to the gift shop.

I believe that all packages are delivered to the resort's gift shop regardless of which tier resort you are staying,.

But I could learn something new today if it is true that Deluxe resort guests get the package in their room.

CleveRocks
02-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I speak from experience, even at the Deluxe resorts your park purchases are available for pick-up at your resort's gift shop.

The only exception to this would be if you are staying in a Club Level room. But for run of the mill Deluxe guests, it's the gift shop. Purchases are available the next day after 3:00 p.m., and you need ID and you need to sign for it.