PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Iphone Please!

mickeys_princess_mom
02-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Not techy at all. Iphone has been acting weird. Haven't been able to post status lately on FB, but could comment on others'...Yesterday wouldn't update anything, and could only call, text, or look at stale FB. Tried to turn off and back on, got stuck on silver apple. Don't laugh at me, please.:blush: Tried charging up all night. DOA. Midday today--apple finally gone--dark.
Tried recharging on way to ATT place in car, when lo and behold--I was able to turn back on, but no APPS working. FB just clicks right back off, ditto Words with Friends. Pix and numbers are still there. Phone and texting works. ???
ATT guy tried to talk me into upgrading, tho I've only had for a year. This one is complicated enough. Said to try plugging into computer and UPDATING, by right clicking on phone icon? Don't see how to do this. Help?:hide:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-17-2011, 10:10 PM
And forgot to mention I am sick and have no voice at the moment, so I cannot call anybody at the ATT hotline or whatever it is the guy suggested. I went into the store and tried to croak out my problem.
:ill::sadwave:

kakn7294
02-17-2011, 10:41 PM
You can try to reset the phone by holding the round button on the front and the on/off switch on the top together until the apple symbol appears. Let them go then wait while the phone resets. This may take a bit but it worked for my ipod when it froze. I just got my iPhone today so I'm still learning all about it.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Thank you so much for responding! I actually tried to do that last night, then it just stayed on the apple all night. Thought I had killed it when it finally went black today. I decided it was a vampire phone. Died, an apple was involved, then came back to life, but different! lol.
My niece jogged my memory about something to help me upgrade, and all is right with the world!
My apps are back! Little birdies and butterflies are all around! Life is good!!! :yay::cheer:

gerald72
02-18-2011, 02:26 AM
There was a time I couldn't upload a pic to my facebook on my iPhone.
I deleted the facebook app and reinstalled it. That worked. Maybe try that.

brivers222
02-18-2011, 06:51 AM
FYI

that facebook app is a piece of garbage... it constantly freezes or exits outs... Everyone i know has had to delete and reinstall it several times this past week a lone.

Then again, I cant really blame the APP... Facebook is always finding new ways to screw with something that WAS working to make it not work as well....

DizneyRox
02-18-2011, 07:32 AM
If a reboot doesn't help, I would try a full on restore.

In iTunes, you can Restore the phone. This will download the newest firmware to the phone, 4.2.1 which I'll say is pretty good. Once that's done, you can then sync all your stuff back on.

I just upgraded our phones to 4.2.1 last weekend. I like to keep current as long as the firmware is jailbreakable.

The other day, I did have an odd problem where I couldn't do Internet stuff over 3G. You can Reset Network Settings within the Settings App, and that got things working again. Sounds though like some system files are whacked out on yours (or worse). Stick with the iTunes restore and then maybe get the *cough* "Genius Bar" *cough* involved.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-18-2011, 11:44 PM
It's working just fine after doing the iTunes thing, thanks all!
Got a little something in your throat,there?...:thumbsup: