PDA

View Full Version : Magic YW tickets question

Disney_pups2
02-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Has anyone ever skipped the PH option and just got more days and used 2 tickets in one day? It is a lot cheaper to do so. We are not wanting to go back to the original park once we switch for the day... is this possible?
a $30 diff to add an extra day to MYW tickets to where as a PH op is another $300 for our group.

TinkerbellT421
02-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry but they will not give you entrance to another park even if you have "extra days". Thats why they created the "park hopper".

Disney_pups2
02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
That stinks as it is obviously a HUGE pay in for them if you do PH. UGH!

cajunprincess
02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeah, this is not allowed. If you plan on visiting more than one park per day, then you HAVE to get a hopper!

PopPhan
02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
That stinks as it is obviously a HUGE pay in for them if you do PH. UGH!

Actually, it's not. If there was not Park Hopper option, they would increase the price of the tickets accordingly after the first day.

Believe me, they would get that $54 (or more!) out of you, one way or another!!

CleveRocks
02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
That stinks as it is obviously a HUGE pay in for them if you do PH. UGH!Actually, it doesn't stink. If they had no such thing as a park hopper for $54, do you think they'd have the pricing structure they have, where Days 5 through 10 cost only $5 each? Of course not. They make additional days so cheap. That's a huge advantage to all of us.

They used to do it that way. It used to be that there was no such thing as a park hopper because all normal tickets allowed park hopping. But each additional day wasn't cheap like $5, it was the cost of an entire day.

We're much better off with the current system. I can't imagine paying $82 per park day for a 7 day trip but having park hopping "for free."

Disney_pups2
02-18-2011, 05:03 AM
I wasn't expecting anyting for free, a small extra expenditure but seriously with them hiking up prices and then limiting rooms that are on sale as greatly as they do, they are making it very hard for this Special needs adoptive family to go and see what we would like to see. I want to park hop one day for about 4 hours. That will not be worth an almost $400 price increase on our family. I do remember when it was straight ticket and no hopper. I also remember when they added hoppers and the increase in cost was a more fair offset. I also remember when Florida residents paid less than $30 to go for the day on resident special and tickets were bought in books. We will figure it out.. maybe have to eliminate a park. Just frustrating... Thanks everyone.