PDA

View Full Version : Late November planning

AUDisFan
02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
We are looking at going down and arriving the Sunday after thanksgiving. We will stay 4 nights and head home after we leave the AK on Thursday. We were wondering if anyone else has gone during the same time and what the crowds are like and how much of the Christmas decorations would be up by then?

Tbanks in advance.

Scar
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
It's been about 10 years since I was there at that time. The decorations were all up, and the crowds were average, meaning not packed, but not empty either. My understanding is that the crowds are a bit heavier now than 10 years ago, but the decorations are up.

disneymom15
02-17-2011, 03:25 PM
We'll be there the Sunday after thanksgiving also. It will be our second time there for that time frame. Crowd levels were low, it was a great time to go. All the decorations are up, it's beautiful. This past Christmas we went 1 week later, and the crowd level was very heavy. Needless to say, we've decided to revert back to the earlier week.

LuvAllPrincesses
02-19-2011, 03:20 PM
I will second DisneyMom15's thoughts. We arrived the Sat after Thanksgiving in 2009 and are doing the exact same time in 2011 if you need any more proof! Great choice - stick with it!

faline
02-19-2011, 06:07 PM
That time frame seems to get a little more popular each year which means more crowding. I'd expect moderate crowds for your trip.

Jeddie
02-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I will second DisneyMom15's thoughts. We arrived the Sat after Thanksgiving in 2009 and are doing the exact same time in 2011 if you need any more proof! Great choice - stick with it!

We are heading down too that same time and staying until the following Sunday. Haven't been there during the pre-holidays since when I was a little boy. Is that the week that they tape the different segments of the Christmas Parade on ABC? If so, I would assume certain times of day are going to be crowded?

faline
02-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Is that the week that they tape the different segments of the Christmas Parade on ABC? If so, I would assume certain times of day are going to be crowded?

Parade taping typically occurs the first weekend in December.

4everdisneyfan
02-20-2011, 07:01 PM
:mickey:
I was planning a trip to arrive the very same time and stay for the week too. I'm so glad the Christmas decorations will be up!