PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite thing about your favorite resort!!

finaldynasty
02-16-2011, 08:12 PM
What is the thing you love about your favorite resort?

Mine is the pool at the CSR!

And yours is...:mickey:

disney obsessed
02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
The AKL is deffinatly my favorite. There is a large piece of wooden artwork between the front doors. Rubbing it on the way out ensures your return. We never miss the opportunity to rub it.

Marionla
02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
POR& POFQ. Feels like I am in another world. Also FQ feels. Like home(n.o.la.)

finaldynasty
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
POR& POFQ. Feels like I am in another world. Also FQ feels. Like home(n.o.la.)

Even though I am from the ATL, I have spent a good deal of time in the NO, and it is a special place. My second favorite thing are the beniots at the POFQ! They are not as good as Cafe Du Monde or any other place in NO, but I will take them.

teambricker04
02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
The smell of the lobby of the BC :mickey:

Pop Centurion
02-16-2011, 10:12 PM
My favorite thing about Pop is the atmosphere & themeing.

finaldynasty
02-16-2011, 11:25 PM
The smell of the lobby of the BC :mickey:

I am staying at the BC in Dec. What is this wonderful smell?

Dragongirlx
02-17-2011, 03:57 AM
My favourite thing about Wilderness Lodge is the gorgeous lobby, especially the huge fireplace and the totem pole.

DisneyFr33k
02-17-2011, 04:52 AM
The new queen beds at CSR and the beautiful view of the lake from our room.

DisneyBarb
02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
The Poly is our favorite... the tropical smell when we walk in the lobby, the tiki torches with the music in the background, the "alohas" from the staff and hearing the boat horns taking happy passengers back and forth to MK... So many more but those are the standouts...

Ms. Mode
02-17-2011, 08:03 AM
The animals @ AK, however we have a trip coming up soon to WL and I think it will become my favorite! :mickey:

Mousemates
02-17-2011, 08:17 AM
At my favorites:

at the CR - stepping out of the room and seeing the monorail.

at the WL drinking coffee and looking out over the courtyard towards bay lake (from the upper floors of the lobby).

at the GF -soaking in the ambiance of the lobby on a warm summer evening while the orchestra plays.

TinkerbellT421
02-17-2011, 08:20 AM
My favorite resort is BWV Mainly because of the location. I love ending my nights on the Boardwalk with all of the shows, and I love being a hop skip and jump away from Epcot!! We end up ending every night in Epcot :cloud9:

llamaface
02-17-2011, 08:50 AM
Walking into my room at the Grand Floridian and smelling that wonderful smell. I don't know if it's the cleaning stuff that the maids used or perhaps it was something in the air system, but it was glorious!!

wildernesslady
02-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Walking into the main lobby of the WL when you are beginning your vacation. It never gets old to me. Completely magical. We are strictly beach people; but there is something so majestic about staying in the biggest log cabin. Just love it and look forward to being there in 15 days. Not that I'm counting.

BugeyedMuggy
02-17-2011, 09:36 AM
AKL- zebra domes, Indaba chardonay & hot tub...all at the same time :cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2011, 09:47 AM
Hoping to have new favorite when we stay in December at WL, but so far I love the Disneyish atmosphere in the All Star resorts and lobby

DonaldsBFF
02-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Our favorite is POR!
We love the beautiful grounds and the secluded feeling of the AB. The number of pools is great too. Everything about the resort is wonderful, we can't wait to get back!

teambricker04
02-17-2011, 01:35 PM
I am staying at the BC in Dec. What is this wonderful smell?

Hmmm.... It smells like the BEACH! Go figure :) It reminds me of a clean, light floral mixed with sand and salt. Does that even make sense? Some candle brands have a beach smell and often it reminds me of the BC. I could sit in the lobby and close my eyes and just relax. Needless to say, I don't mind check in!

Kaps
02-17-2011, 03:25 PM
The bayou quiet pools just for that reason at Riverside. Nice and relaxing after a long day walking

Goofy4TheWorld
02-17-2011, 11:08 PM
It's a tie since I love everything about Pop Century!

I love the high energy
I love the theming and nostalgia
I love the grounds
I love the no-sharing bus service
I LOVE the food court
I LOVE the PRICE!

#1donaldfan
02-18-2011, 02:12 PM
POR / Quiet !!:mickey:

Auntie B
02-18-2011, 02:42 PM
POR - the lushness, the feeling of seclusion and romance!

Ksmith75
02-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I just love the POR. One of my favorite things are the grounds...even when we have a room that is far from the main area - I love the walks. I even have gotten up early as DH gets a shower and walk over to get orange juice.... I love it. We also love just to sit on the benches and relax! Love it...will be there in 7 days!

MarkC
02-18-2011, 03:37 PM
Love so many things about the Beach Club, but walking around Stormalong Bay in the evening with the lights on is unbelievably relaxing. So is the view, the walk around the lake, on and on and on.

Dirty Bird Street
02-19-2011, 09:23 AM
There's no way I could choose just one.

SSR - sitting by the quiet pool at Congress Park, watching the balloon at DTD take flight on a sunny day.

OKW - if you're on the ground level, waking up in the morning to a duck tapping on your patio door. Cutest panhandlers ever.

BWV - watching an afternoon thunderstorm come across the lagoon, then walking to Epcot after it's blown over.

sommer
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
POR - the trundle bed! Glad our family of 5 has this option.

kemps@wdw
02-19-2011, 10:25 PM
...the dock @ the Wilderness Lodge @ sunrise. That's where I have my morning coffee :cloud9:

darthmacho
02-20-2011, 02:43 AM
First of all, what a great question! My favorite resort is the Wilderness Lodge, but narrowing down a particular thing to be my favorite is not so easy. I think the juxtaposition of grand and rustic is what makes WL so special. Nevertheless, if I had to choose something more specific, I'd go with the smoky smell of the fireplace and the wood burning ovens of Artist Point. Love it! :mickey:

iluvdumbo
02-20-2011, 06:52 PM
POR because of the quietness and beautiful scenery.

POP because of the themes of the different areas and the closeness to DHS and Epcot.

johnO
02-20-2011, 07:11 PM
The Grounds at CSR area beautiful. I love the lake at dusk.

I love the Poly, although I've never been able to afford to stay there. Its totally immersive when youre there. One day maybe we'll be able to afford it.

KatrinaJ91
02-20-2011, 11:11 PM
We love POR for the wonderful walks through the grounds, the fantastic food court and the great boat ride to Downtown Disney!!

Marceline
02-21-2011, 02:21 AM
I love EVERYTHING about Wilderness Lodge.:mickey3: The grand lobby, the craftsman lanterns everywhere, the lincoln-log look, the smell of BBQ, the surrounding pine trees, bay lake and the beach, the proximity to the Magic Kingdom, the green roof, the waterfall, the guyser, the Mercantile, the boat dock, the rocking chairs, the black granite counter tops of the vanity area, the Native American motif......but I think my number one favorite thing is......the reproduction Stickley furniture in the lobby. Yeah...that's the ticket. :cloud9:

There is a spindle settle there that is my DREAM couch. Mommy want. :blush:

EvilQueen2006
02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
I love the small size of POFQ.

mom2morgan
02-21-2011, 12:22 PM
The lobby at POR - the ambience (the smell, the jazz music playing) just instantly brings back all the happy memories and gets me excited for my stay!

PopPhan
02-21-2011, 12:22 PM
It's a tie since I love everything about Pop Century!

I love the high energy
I love the theming and nostalgia
I love the grounds
I love the no-sharing bus service
I LOVE the food court
I LOVE the PRICE!

Major league DITTO here!!!!

Septbride2002
02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
The music at BWVis the thing that does it for me. It instantly transports me to a time of dancing and flair of the roaring 20s. I always imagine my grandparents listening to that music.

Second it is the smell - early morning go out onto the Boardwalk to walk down to the bakery and the smell of the water, the damp wood, and the bakery is intoxicating.

Second favorite resort - Bay Lake Towers - and it has to be THE VIEW! I loved walking over the bridge everyday multiple times to do whatever and seeing the castle and monorail.

~Amanda

Dream'nDisney
02-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I love Stormalong Bay pool at YC, the full balconies, the closeness to BW, EPCOT and DHS, the pool, Beaches N Cream, and did I say the pool?? :thumbsup:

KarenP
02-22-2011, 07:26 PM
I love the entire ambience at Polynesian.

Tinkerbella16
02-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Its hard to name just one thing lol..

My favorite resort is POFQ and the things I love about it are:
Boat transportation to DTD
Atmosphere & Look of Buildings
Quiet & never crowded (at least when we go)
Bus rides to each park are short so the location is great!
Resort is small so no matter where your room is, you are close to everything.

Sorry.. I just love POFQ!!!! :mickey:

ScroogeMcSeymour
02-27-2011, 09:34 PM
The Beach Club - the pool. Also I love the look of the windows at the beach club with their 20's atmosphere.

finaldynasty
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
The Beach Club - the pool. Also I love the look of the windows at the beach club with their 20's atmosphere.

I can't wait to get to the Beach Club in December. Thanks for the post!

EpcotFan182
03-02-2011, 11:37 PM
The fact that the GF is on the monorail loop! :mickey:

beksy
03-03-2011, 12:14 PM
The Poly--I love how I feel like I'm in the islands and then look out across water at the MK, coming "home" at night to all the tiki torches, being able to fill our mugs no matter what time we get back, and the restaurants are some of our favorites.

A close 2nd is CR--I love the tower rooms with MK view and being able to see the castle when I wake up in the middle of the night and everything being in that building!

alaMode
03-04-2011, 12:12 PM
because of its smaller size compared to the other MK resorts.

leighe
03-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Although the Poly is not my favorite resort, I love, love, love the smell and cool feel of the lobby. Total nostalgia - we always stayed there growing up.

I love the walk from the Beach Club to Epcot.

AndrewJackson
03-05-2011, 08:56 AM
My favorite resort is Fort Wilderness. We haven't stayed there in a few years since selling the camper. Luckily, my parents still have their camper, and still stay at the fort!

My favorite thing about Fort Wilderness is a tie between the smell of the Meadow Trading Post, and the sound of the boat horn as it pulls into the dock. You can hear this from just about everywhere in the campground.

iloveokw
03-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Sitting on my porch at OKW.

GrmGrninGost
03-05-2011, 10:41 PM
The lobby at Wilderness Lodge. The first time I walked in, I was hooked. It is the most awesome place I've ever seen! :mickey:

crazygoalie39
03-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Just the atmosphere of the Boardwalk is amazing! Also love the view from our room. :mickey: