PDA

View Full Version : just booked!!

ImLovinDisney
02-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Just booked our next trip :D , 10/23-10/29 wondering 2 things, how are the crowds during this time, and how is MNSSHP? Will the Adults and DD(15) have as much fun as the DS(9)? Is it worth it? We've been to the MVMCP and found it to be ok. Thanks in advance! :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Crowds are definitely up during that time, but, as always, they are manageable with Fastpass and a plan. I liked MNSSHP a LOT more than MVMCP. Just seemed like more to do. Hallowishes is much better than Holiday Wishes, though I probably enjoyed the parades about the same.

wildernesslady
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
It may be busy. We like MNSSHP much better than MVMCP. I do not however feel I have to do it every time. The headless horseman, parade, and hallowishes are great. The trick or treating is fun also. Enjoy your trip.

brivers222
02-16-2011, 03:41 PM
we went this past Oct... Crowds definitely increased towards the end of our trip (beginning of yours).

MNSSHP is something i went to the first time based upon many helpful people on this board. And i must say we bought 2 before we went down and ended up buying a 3rd party while attending the first one because it was SO MUCH FUN!

oh and btw we are two adults age 33 and 26... and we had a blast. The character interaction is amazing (although with Toontown gone, i am not sure how meeting the princesses with their princes and mickey/minnie will go) but we had the park to ourselves practically, rides were walk on or 15mins tops. And the trick or treating, OMGosh, i have never seen so much candy....then multiply that by 3!!

When we got home we each brought a ton to work and then gave out to our family and friends...

gardenia
02-16-2011, 06:18 PM
We are going during that time frame, with our 13-year-old, so we can go to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. Our kids, including two now grown, have all LOVED Food & Wine. I highly recommend it for families. Just be sure to go early (at 11:00am) and leave before mid-afternoon, when the drinking crowd starts getting a little out of hand.

ImLovinDisney
02-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Thanks so much for all of the wonderful advice!! I do have to admit I am a tad "nervous" about the crowds. :blush: The times we traditionally go are January, the week before Thanksgiving and the first week of December. There aren't any lines and the crowds are minimal. This is DH's first trip (not a theme park guy/crowds type of guy) finally after 10 years of taking the kids and DMIL he is going. I am thinking of changing the ressies to the week of 11/12-11/20 :confused: what are the opinions on this week for crowd level? I really want to do MNSSHP, but I want DH to come back with us :mickey:

Strmchsr
02-17-2011, 10:28 AM
The times we traditionally go are January, the week before Thanksgiving and the first week of December. There aren't any lines and the crowds are minimal.

In all seriousness, there's not an uncrowded time any more. The week before Thanksgiving week is probably as good as it gets now, but the first week of December has become noticeably more crowded and, as those who were there this January will tell you, January has become almost nuts at times with all of the South American tour groups plus the Marathon. So, just go and expect the crowds and have a good time. If crowds are your biggest worry, then the November time would probably be better, but I think you'll have a lot of fun in October. Just one bit of advice - do NOT go to Epcot on a Friday night, Saturday or Sunday. The Food and Wine Festival packs Epcot out on those days.

MarkC
02-17-2011, 11:38 AM
While it will be steady, its not near as bad as the summer months and the weather that time of year is perfect.

As long as you get to the parks a few minutes before opening and use fastpass, you'll have no problem doing everything you want to do at least once.

clausjo
02-18-2011, 01:18 PM
We're thinking about going the week of October 17th because the kids have Fall Break that time. How are the crowds compared to February?

lovinmesomedisney
02-18-2011, 03:47 PM
We were there this past September and the MNSSHP was ridiculously crowded! I felt really cheated, and in all honesty, I will NEVER pay again for a party. It was mass confusion and they never really got the people out of the park from the day crowd. There were a LOT of people without bracelets. The lines for the characters were insane and we ended up seeing very few of them because of it. It seemed like it would have been a lot of fun, but because of the crowds, it was more frustrating than anything. I am not trying to ruin your trip, but just know ahead of time, it's not always as portrayed on here. It will depend on when you go, etc. If I were you, I would definitely try to go to the party on a weeknight and NOT a weekend. Just giving you the truth!

iloveokw
02-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Just my two cents but with kids that old I think I would skip. We've done both parties and the Halloween party was better. I would spend my $ on something like La Nouba or the HDDR!

johnO
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
RIght around halloween it gets more crowded.

GottaLvDisney
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
I don't know about crowds then, but I do know DH & I love MNSSHP as much as our kids do. I suppose it's all subjective since not everyone has the same taste, but it's definitely something I would try at least once.

We try to go everytime we're down and think it's a worthwhile expense for us.

sacandjac
02-21-2011, 01:28 PM
We were at Disney last year October 20 thru October 26. We found the crowds great. We have a picture of my daughter at Animal Kingdom and she is the only one on the street that morning right after opening. We had one day, I think it was a Friday the 22nd that we went to Magic Kingdom and the crowds were pretty high. The rest of the time crowds pretty manageable.

Have fun!