PDA

View Full Version : Online Check In - New Question

DisneyFr33k
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
I just went online to register for our upcoming cruise (our 4th Disney cruise). I saw they are now asking for our arrival time. This is new. Anyone know why? If I get there early or late, will there be consequences?

I am nervous because we are taking an Alaskan cruise on the Wonder and are driving up from Seattle to Vancouver (save BIG time on airfare). Not sure when we will arrive as it all depends on traffic.

Thanks,

Strmchsr
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
There's no consequences. That's just so, if you're arriving early, they try to put you into a room that's ready if possible. Out of the four times we've done online check-in we've always arrived early morning and twice have had our room ready at check-in.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I believe that they are trying to space out arrivals at the port, especially at the "new" ports where the facilities available to DCL may be smaller.

I've heard the same thing with the Dream, if everyone arrives at once it would just be too crazy!

DisneyFr33k
02-17-2011, 04:55 AM
Out of the four times we've done online check-in we've always arrived early morning and twice have had our room ready at check-in.

We've always done the online check in too. We've arrived at 10am, waited around for the check in staff to arrive (we were 3rd in line), got on the boat in the first or second group and still had to wait until 1:30 until the rooms were ready.

So I am confused when you say your room was ready at check in? Did you check in after the 1:30 time?