PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Dining...

princessgirls
02-16-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello my Intercot Friends~

Hoping to get a little feedback from you. We are going to WDW for nine days in August. Very excited. While I consider myself "Semi-Disney Savvy" I always value your opinions.

We always enjoy spending our first day of vacation at the Magic Kingdom, and truthfully, the only two places we have eaten a TS meal in the park are at the Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern.

Any suggestions? Is Liberty Tree still good, the last time we ate there was in 2005...
Tony's??? What do people think? Or should I just book O'hana or Chef Mickey's, which is what I usually do...

Feedback, Feedback...

Thanks!
Julie:mickey:

DisneyMom12
02-16-2011, 10:36 AM
I have been to Tony's twice. I was happy with both the food and service both times. I am going again this trip in Aug.

I just can't bring myself to eat at LTT since the characters are gone.

anneo
02-16-2011, 10:38 AM
We have eaten both at Liberty Tree Inn and Tony's and have enjoyed the food. The last time we ate at both was back in 2008. What kind of food does your family enjoy more? Liberty Tree Tavern is more of a Thanksgiving type spread with the food being served family style, and Tony's is your standard Italian cuisine.

beksy
02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
We usually end up going to one of the resorts for TS meals when we are at MK, but there are a few in the park we enjoy. My mom's favorite is the Plaza, which is really just different kind of sandwiches and other lighter foods, but dessert is great. I don't think the food has changed at LTT, just no more characters. We enjoy it but normally go somewhere else since we eat like that at home. Tony's is good as long as you aren't expecting really authentic Italian food. I enjoyed it but it wasn't one I would go out of my way to experience.

DisneyBunch5
02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Keep in mind that Liberty Tree Tavern has different menus for lunch and dinner, with dinner being served family style. You may want check out the lunch menu to see if it offers more appealing choices for your family.

Although not a table service, we enjoy the Columbia Harbour House.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Is Liberty Tree Tavern still good? Yes we think LLT is good but if you are asking whether we would prefer to go to O'hana or LTT, O'hana wins hands down.

I believe the general opinion would be that O'hana is #1, LTT #2 and Tony's #3. Of course food tastes vary from person to person, but that would be the ranking if you did an Intercot survey.

Good luck... O'hana can be different to get ADRs.

ElenitaB
02-16-2011, 09:40 PM
I like Tony's location... don't like Tony's food.

Liberty Tree Tavern is an excellent choice for lunch, and The Plaza is a great choice for a light meal. Have you ever been to the Castle? I checked out their new (well, new to me) dinner menu recently and it doesn't look half bad.

Have fun making your decision!

Marionla
02-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Have you tried Kona in the poly? Really good!

princessgirls
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!! I do appreciate your feedback!!

I'll have to see what's available when I make my ADR's...but I'm thinking O'Hana may be a GREAT way to kick off our vacation!

Liberty Tree second choice, with Tony's as our third. I'm going to check out the Castle menu, my girls would still enjoy eating in the castle.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
We tried Tony's in 2008 and it was one of the worst meals we've ever had...its been 2005 since we went to LTT and it was fine....Crystal Palace was good in 2008.

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
I really love Tony's...we had a great waiter.
a funny little story. it was our first night. we sit down to eat.
i called my mom on my cell...
suddenly i see a waiter from accross the resturant, grab a phone out of a girls house and yell in to teh phone..."she's on vacation! leave her alone"....everyone stated laughing...and i softly said "mom...i have to go"..

PinKy
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I think you can't go wrong with any of your options here, but thought I would mention that if you wanted to have a meal in the park, I totally recommend LTT. Its just typical "american" fare, but its really tasty. TTS is good - we usually eat here for convenience - nothing to write home about. ( I hear O'Hana is delightful - but haven't tried it yet)

Some of the others here posted about the Castle menu changing - is it better? We ate there in 2001 and it was so mediocre we haven't been back since! (felt like we were eating at the Waffle House.... not that I don't like the WH, but that wasn't what we had hoped for. Recent reviews anyone?

disneymomma2010
02-24-2011, 10:57 AM
we always eat breakfast at ohana, which is awesome, before going into the park and then eat at the columbia harbour house later. We were surprised at how good the food was for a quick service at chh and you can go upstairs and set by the window and overlook the park.

princessgirls
02-24-2011, 11:13 AM
I made my reservations yesterday!

I wasn't able to get O'Hana until the end of our trip, even though I booked 180 days out...CRAZY, but at least I got it!

I booked Liberty Tree Tavern for our 1st night in the Magic Kingdom dinner. We leave early in the morning that day, and probably won't get to the park until noon, so I really wanted something right in the park, as we will all be excited to do our favorite things. We ate there once in 2005 and enjoyed it, and got some good feedback from you guys recently.

I love Columbia Harbor House too! A must do for me, and of Course Cosmic Ray's...
I need a vacation!!
Thanks for all of your help!

mouseketeer mom
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Julie,
I didn't read this post until after you made your ADR's.
One- I would always make Ohana's for some point in the trip. Thats a priority for us. But..it doesn't have to be the first day, especially since you'll be in the MK for that day, kicking off your trip.
Two-We are huge fans of eating in the MK park. We have tried each table service restaurant there many times. It feels great to us eating inside the MK, magical, and its really nice to finish eating, walk outside and your still there!!!! We love LTT very much. The food is delicious, its family style and the enviornment is a warm one. Good pick. Also, love Tonys too. The location is unbeatable, the food overpriced italian though, but I would eat there again in a heartbeat. The castle, which was mentioned also, surprised us for our early dinner. It was one of the best meals we had at WDW during that particular trip. And it is exciting eating in the castle. Very expensive though.
Soo...I think you made a good pick.. I don't think you could have gone wrong with any of your choices though!...Lisa

LudwigVonDrake
02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
I can't tell you about the Liberty Tree but I always liked Tony's. That's said: go with 'Ohana :tasty:

BandMan
02-25-2011, 09:43 PM
I find it interesting that there's such a split on Tony's. People seem to either love it or hate it. I've noticed this in a number of INTERCOT threads. We went there last trip and really enjoyed it. I had a seafood dish with shrimp and mussels that was really good.

I love good Italian food, and often cook it myself. It surprises me that so many don't like the food there. :confused:

DisneyFr33k
02-26-2011, 07:21 AM
We've eaten at Tony's (not impressed), Crystal Palace (horrible experience for us - food and service), Liberty Tree several times (liked it, both for lunch and all you can eat dinner), and the Castle (both for all you can eat breakfast with the princesses and for dinner - great food and atmopshere). In the past couple of trips, we've eneded up leaving the park and going to the Polynesian. Kona is a hidden gem - dinner is better than breakfast (we had to try the Tonga Toast). And, like many others, we love O'Hana.