PDA

View Full Version : Cellulitius

ransam
02-16-2011, 01:10 AM
About a year ago, i woke up and was shaking all over. had a huge temperature and ended up spending over 2 weeks in the hospital w/ cellulitus. I spent a long recovery and still now 100 percent.
I am currently planning on a disney trip in september. It occured to me, that what if the same happened while on vacation?
I mean i went to bed feeling fine, no problem, and woke up and my whole life changed.
what if the same thing happened at Disney? do they have anything set up for emergencies?

DizneyRox
02-16-2011, 06:58 AM
I believe Celebration Hospital is the closest...

kaylamag
02-16-2011, 08:54 AM
My mom had cellulitus in December and just went back to work the beginning of Feb. I worry about hers coming back too. She is going to Disney World in April with my sister and her kids and hopefully again with my family in December.

Disney Goof
02-16-2011, 04:59 PM
There are doctors on call at every resort. They have the basics, but probably wouldn't be able to treat this. We were at WDW in December and DD developed pink eye, so we had the on-call doctor take a look. It's not cheap though.

Calling 911 is always the best option if you think something is seriously wrong.

Have a fun and magical day and don't worry about what could happen, just know that help is near.:mickey:

Marionla
02-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Please go and have a wonderful time. Yes, cellulitis is serious, but there are hospitals everywhere. Two years ago I took a vac. To the smokies, and I was rushed to E.R. So, last year I hesitated. I went back to Tenn. And had a beautiful trip.

princessgirls
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Don't let fear hold you back!!!

You are in America, and Orlando is a huge city! You will be fine. If it is any comfort to you, I got really sick with Pneumonia in February of 2009 while in WDW, and was SICK... and I was a little nervous to go back, as I was miserable, but it was so so so much better touring WDW as a healthy person. Gave me a whole new prespective and renewed thankfulness for being Healthy!
May you have a wonderful trip!
Julie:mickey: