PDA

View Full Version : AP Voucher....

momofaprincess
02-15-2011, 07:56 PM
We have been thinking about getting APs again but can't afford it until we get our tax return. I was wondering if I went ahead and purchased an AP online and get the voucher can I use it to book a room with the AP discount? I know you just have to present the AP when you check in but what I'd really like is access to the passholder site so I can play around with the numbers myself....it's a control issue and I can't help it....:secret: i guess what I'm asking is does a voucher give you access to the passholder site?

KylesMom
02-15-2011, 11:38 PM
You can "play around with the passholder site" with an A/P voucher number. However, I wouldn't recommend it over Magical Journeys, an INTERCOT sponsor. It may be a control thing (which I'm really well aware of) but it's never paid off for us. As you can see by my signature, we've been A/P holders since 2002 but the only serious luck we've had with A/P rates at the resort of our choice came with utilizing MJ after the rates became scarce a few years after 911.

For several years we tried to do the same thing (web + calling every day to see if rates had been released), and yet by the time passholder rates were announced & posted on the website, the web & phones were crammed & we were told that there were no longer A/P rates for the resorts of our choice. It's a big deal when you only have one or two resorts as your main selections.

After being shut out for a few years (Disney only allows so many rooms at "X" resorts to be booked under A/P rates) we decided to give up control of our room bookings to MJ. Whenever A/P rates have been released, they've gotten us first dibbs at the resort(s) of our choice.

In short, while a voucher gives you access to the passholder site, it does not guarantee you a room if those rates are released. As mentioned, I have been a total control freak with regard to our Disney vacations. However, MJ's dedication changed everything. Our agent is Terrisue, but whomever you speak with will give their all to get you A/P rates at the resort of your choice IF they're released.

One additional note - please realize that A/P rates aren't always offered. In the economy we've been living in the past couple of years, everyone takes for granted that they'll be given. However, for our time of travel we've found that many times A/P rates aren't routinely offered. MJ has steered us in the direction of AAA room-only rates or other deals that have been offered (buy two nights get three free, etc) so that we can get the best room rates available if A/P rates are not on the table.

momofaprincess
02-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks for your help. I know that rates aren't guaranteed but I figure if we're going to purchase anyway it wouldn't hurt to have it to try. I guess we've been lucky because I was able to book trips for Dec 2009, March 2010, June 2010, and October 2010 through the site and got really good deals every time. We're not terribly picky which I am sure helped us. We stayed in CSR, POR, and WL. I do appreciate your help. :mickey:

KylesMom
02-16-2011, 03:03 PM
If for whatever reason your voucher will not allow you access to the site (a few times I've had problems), just e-mail Disney Guest Relations as posted on the Disney World Website, letting them know the problem. Within a few days they'll get you access to the A/P site so that you can play. :mickey: