PDA

View Full Version : Using Concierge Services for Planning?

beksy
02-15-2011, 05:53 PM
This trip will be my first experience with concierge level. I am the first to admit that I am a bit obsessed with planning my Disney trips. I have my spreadsheet (color-coded), meals planned out, etc. and love doing this. Today I received an e-mail from the concierge planning staff where I tell them what I would like and they try to arrange it. Do a lot of people use this service and how does it work for you? I am having trouble turning over some of my planning (even the sitting on hold early in the morning 180 days out) to a stranger!

faline
02-17-2011, 11:13 AM
We used the concierge planning services at Wilderness Lodge and they were wonderful! We got all the reservations we asked for (not always at the exact moment we asked for but within a reasonable range of when we asked for the reservation). I wouldn't hesitate to use them again if the opportunity arose!

TheRustyScupper
02-18-2011, 12:25 AM
We used the concierge planning services at Wilderness Lodge . . .

1) Of course, IPO for Wilderness Lodge is not at Wilderness Lodge.
2) But, overall, IPO is good at getting ressies for you.
3) THEY HAVE NO MORE ADR POWER THAN YOU.
4) But, they keep trying and that typically helps getting the ADR.
5) So, give them a try and see if they get your requested ADR's.

faline
02-18-2011, 08:59 AM
1) Of course, IPO for Wilderness Lodge is not at Wilderness Lodge.

Yes, I think I recall it's handled at the Polynesian?

javamama
02-18-2011, 06:32 PM
We have used them twice before this trip in May, and they were great. Got everything we always wanted, no issues this time however we never got an email until almost 3 weeks after booking a reservation for our trip so I did everything.

timandlesley
02-24-2011, 09:20 PM
We are going in June and I am like you, LOVE to plan (plan for others all the time for a living : ) but I put it in their hands and they did an incredible job! We used the AKL concierge team, couldn't have been happier. They emailed it to me the next day and I got everything I wanted and it was typed in a nice itinerary.
Lesley