PDA

View Full Version : What shoes/sandals do you wear in the parks??

Dsnygirl
02-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I have my favorites, but like everyone else has experienced, what worked for years isn't always available when you go to replace them a few years later. :(

My old favorites were a pair of Reebok flip flops that got me through 3 trips, no blisters, no sore feet or joints... they were the best. Of course, they are no longer made.

Then I discovered Teva's "Mush" flip flops... hands down the most comfortable flip flop ever made, at least for me... but the pair I just replaced is now made with a rougher strap, and it rubs my feet after a full day. :(

So.... I want to find a supportive, lightweight & breathable shoe and/or flip flop that will work for me this summer, as we're going in the crazy heat of August and I know I won't want to resort to sneakers and socks in those temps. :cool:

Any suggestions??

Checkers
02-15-2011, 09:34 AM
:mickey:Last summer I bought a pair of Clarks Unstructured (sandals) and loved them. Just this past Sat. I bought another pair to wear on our trip to WDW next month. I always take a pair of sneakers along as well.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2011, 09:56 AM
My feet are just too bad to wear flip flops, gotta go with the New Balance walking shoes personally....

Madame Leona
02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
I like the Skechers tone ups/shape ups sandals. Comfortable like a tennis shoe but breathable like a sandal.

PopPhan
02-15-2011, 10:49 AM
This same exact question was just posted on the WDW Facebook page.....

Asics cross-trainers -- plenty of support, comfortable fit, mesh uppers for cooling and breatheability....

BraddyB
02-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Alot is personal preference. Here are a few ideas though.

Sandals I would suggest either Reef or Rainbow sandals, before i comfortable and have an arch in them.

Or you could go with a pair of Keen Newport H2

I bought a pair for my last trip and loved them. If it rained they dried quick, but your could also breathe in the heat. Plus a little added protection for your toes.

I usually take 2 pairs of running shoes, both nike air max, a pair of keens, and a pair of flip flops. I would rather have too much than not enough, when it comes to your feet in WDW.

PrettyMinnie
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM
I am a flip flop fan myself and find usually end up living in them during the warmer months. But I have flat feet and even with a sturdy pair of flip flops, my shins and knees start to hurt after a long day of walking in the park. So I switch it by alternating between flip flops and a pair of Under Armour sneakers on the days I don't expect to get wet. So if I'm going to AK and planning on doing the rapids, I will wear my flip flops for easy drying. It's personal preference though, you just have to experiment with what works best for you.

SandmanGStefani24
02-15-2011, 04:04 PM
two words : Air Jordans.
:D

They are some of the only shoes that have enough arch, support, and padding for the long walks. Comfy and keeps you going.

kakn7294
02-15-2011, 04:17 PM
My personal fave is the FitFlop brand of flip-flops and clogs. Hands down the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn and most of my constant foot pain (from plantar fasciitis) has been eliminated. They have the "rocker" sole like the Sketchers and Reebok shoes but they are not nearly as pronounced so no "wobbling" as I walk.

Mousemates
02-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I used to just wear any old sandals or flipflops and not give it a second thought, but as I get a little age on me (45+ now) my feet are no longer as forgiving as they used to be and good shoes are more of necessity. On hot days I have a couple pair of Teva's that I alternate from day to day...and for cold weather (i.e. socks needed) days I have a pair of Rockports and a pair of Salomon's that i can walk in forever.

princessjojo
02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I used to be able to go all day in the parks in my rainbows, but that day has come to an end. I love them and wear them daily from the day the weather stays >70 until late October/November. But I've found that my adidas trail runners are working better and better every trip. But just can't get rid of the flip flops just yet.

AvaNellMouse
02-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Tevas! I do take the blister patches just in case.
Also, considering age, ahem, I really like the Easy Spirit tennies.
Have a great time regardless! :thumbsup:

Melanie
02-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Fit Flops! Love them, and walk all over the resort in them...all the time. I have a black older pair, and a newer Mickey Mouse brown pair. Can't recommend them enough!:thumbsup:

teambricker04
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Keens! I am always stubbing my toes and I like that they are open, waterproof, and my toes are still covered :)

sommer
02-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I loved my Teva cork sandals (can't remember to name of them) on our trip. I did alternate between them and my Pearl Izumis. I have scoliosis and didn't have any trouble with my back all week. No blisters either... and I only wore them around the house a handful of times before our trip.

floridamom
02-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Like other posters, I found Fit Flops to be great, and they have come down in price from when I first purchased mine about 3 years ago.

Last year I bought a pair of Olukai flip flops (a style called the O'hana to be exact :mickey:) and they are extremely comfy, too.

LisaP
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
I have worn Reebok Easy Tone flip flops which are very comfortable. I am thinking of trying the Fit Flops which look like they offer real good support :thumbsup:

Favorite shoes are definitely Nike Shox. My chiropractor recommended them, and I can wear these puppies ALLLLLL DAYYYYYY :cloud9: and these dogs never bark! Very supportive and lightweight, my feet don't feel strangled inside.

Happy shoe shopping :joy: :joy: :joy:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm also putting in a good word for the Fit Flops. I have three pair now and love them. I also have my Asics. This is what the physical therapist recommended. I haven't used those in the parks yet. My Tevas are also really comfortable.

lovinmesomedisney
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Nothing but Nike athletic shoes!

finaldynasty
02-19-2011, 11:18 PM
This past summer I wore the Crocs that medical folks or resturant folks were. They are designed for people who are on their feet all day. No blisters and no sore feet. They are not stylish, but they get the job done and they have vents on the side...My kids like the WDW crocs.

BugeyedMuggy
02-20-2011, 07:21 AM
I like Bass sandals and flip flops. I am 6 ft tall 225# and have flat feet. I can walk all day in them. We often go to Hollywood Studios in the morning and walk to Epcot at noon and spend most of the day walking around World Showcase.

jillluvsdisney
02-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I wore the medical type Crocs also this summer.
I put powder in my socks and my feet never felt hot,sweaty or sore and that trip was at the end of August.

Marceline
02-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I always wear New Balance tennis shoes, lots of squishy support in the heal. I tend to use my trips as an excuse to buy a new pair. :thumbsup:

Flip flops are strictly a pool thing for my tootsies.