PDA

View Full Version : DME, departure, ADR questions

Narawen
02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Not sure whether to put this in accommodations or dining, so mods move if necessary.

We're trying to plan meals for an upcoming trip. We usually drive down and have our own car, , but we would be flying and using DME and Disney transportation for this trip, so it complicates going to eat at other resorts a bit. We're planning on staying at a moderate, but would love breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and it looks like out departure day may be the best day to fit that in.

I'd love input from anyone on how to make this work, juggling checkout, DME, luggage, and a morning ADR at another resort. Would we have to check out and take our luggage with us to the GF? Could we leave it at our hotel and just come back later before our DME leaves? Any input? We could also put it at the morning of our AK day, but we don't want to lose valuable park hours. TIA

Checkers
02-14-2011, 08:23 PM
:mickey:ME will pick you up at your hotel 3 hrs. before your flight departure so you would have to gage that against your travel time to/from the GF. You can just check your bags with Bell Services (your carry-on) and if you are flying on a participating airline you can check your bags at the Resort Airline Check-in at your resort before going for breakfast. You indicated you were going to stay at a moderate. I believe the only moderate that doesn't have a Resort Airline Check-in is Caribbean Beach Resort. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck with your plans. We love 1900 Park Fare!

CleveRocks
02-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort has had Resort Airline Check-in as long as every other Disney resort; the isssue in the recent past was that Southwest Airlines passengers couldn't use RAC at CBR, but that's a thing of the past.

Certainly, have your bags stored with Bell Services and go to breakfast. You are NOT permitted to take luggage with you on Disney Transport buses.

On the day before your departure day you'll have a DME letter hanging on your doorknob, informing you of the next day's DME pick-up time. You should be ready at the DME pick-up area with any bags 15 minutes before that time; DME buses can be and often are early, and your quoted time is actually the time the bus is supposed to be leaving the resort. If you have bags stored with Bell Services, you'll also need to allow some time for you to get your bags back ... if they're busy, it could take 10-15 minutes.

SBETigg
02-15-2011, 07:51 AM
The DME bus will pick you up at your own resort, not another resort, so you will have to make sure you have enough time before your scheduled pick-up to get there and back and get your bags, and it could be more hassle than it's worth, depending on timing. If you have a later flight, no problems. Keep in mind also, if you're calling bell services to pick up bags at your resort before heading over that they can occasionally get tied up and take longer than expected to get to you.

Narawen
02-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's good to know this is possible, but it seems like it may be easier to do this on a park morning. At least we can go directly from GF to a park, which we can't do with hotels.

CleveRocks
02-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone! It's good to know this is possible, but it seems like it may be easier to do this on a park morning. At least we can go directly from GF to a park, which we can't do with hotels.

Not sure what you mean ... could you explain further? What do you mean when you say you can't go directly from "hotels" to a park?

Narawen
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Sorry, I meant after breakfast we can go directly from GF to the park. We couldn't go directly from GF to the hotel we're staying at if we choose to do this breakfast on departure day.

CleveRocks
02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Sorry, I meant after breakfast we can go directly from GF to the park. We couldn't go directly from GF to the hotel we're staying at if we choose to do this breakfast on departure day.Right, it would be direct, but it would be as close to direct as you can get. You'd just hop on the monorail and take it tje very short ride to Magic Kingdom, and then walk from the MK monorail station to the MK bus area to catch a bus back to your resort. Pretty easy.:mickey: