PDA

View Full Version : Biergarten

squijee
02-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Thinking about making a ressie for trip in May. Is it better than Cape May?

JROriole8Fan
02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Cape May is one of the best buffets, if you love seafood. While the do have many other things seafood is what they do best. Highly recommended

ryca1dreams
02-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I have not been to Cape May, but judging from the menu, it looks to be pretty different than Biergarten. Biergarten is obviously a German buffet. The food is pretty good and, as German food is, on the heavy, more filling side. Plus, you can order 1 liter Beck's dark if you want. You sit at larger tables, usually with another party (depending on the size of your group) and there is a show of German music and audience participation every so often. It is a very lively place and often loud, but fun. I enjoyed it.

BandMan
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Biergarten has lots of traditional sausages and other German cuisine (potato dishes, red cabbage, etc.) I love it, but I know that is not everyone's taste. Our best friends go to Disney with us often, and won't even think of going in because of the type of food.

Also, the atmosphere is fun - polka band, big tables so you can get to know other folks. I'm not a drinker, but others tell me the beer is very good, too.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-14-2011, 07:05 PM
We go to Biergarten every trip! Great buffet and polka music, how can you go wrong.

Seriously I would check out the menus on this site (or others Disney websites). If you prefer sea food Cape May would be the place to go. German Buffet, then Biergarten .

Or try both!!!

Belster
02-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Love Biergarten...great place to get more for your money. Great food, great show and tons of fun!! My kids really like it which helps us to have a relaxing dinner.

kathiep
02-17-2011, 07:45 PM
We've been to both. The whole family really enjoys seafood. That being said - we'd choose Biergarten first everytime. Great atmosphere, good food, lots of fun.

Brainiak5
02-17-2011, 07:50 PM
We're trying Biergarten for the first time this trip - we've heard nothing but great reports.

Cape May is a must for us as well- as New Englanders we appreciate great seafood and Cape May does an excellent job. We've always had good service there too and they have these little tiny cheescakes that the kids love for dessert.

MarkC
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Love both-- both are buffet's and I would probably give a little bit of a nod to Cape May for food. However, the Biergarten has a great atmosphere and show. All I can say is we've eaten at Cape May twice and have no plans to eat there this fall. We've eaten at Biergarten at least 10 times and will eat there again without hesitation. So my stomach and head tell me to vote for Biergarten.

MN_Dad
02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Tried Biergarten for the 1st time last trip. Food was good, atmosphere was great. Little ones loved to get up and dance. I prefer the food at Cape May.

Ropachs
02-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Never been to Cape May, but we've been to Biergarten twice and loved everything about it. I was worried the buffet may not have enough for my picky eaters, but there was plenty. :thumbsup:

pamickeys
02-21-2011, 12:57 PM
If you want good seafood , skip Cape May. It looks like seafood.

EvilQueen2006
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I've never been to Cape May, but I can tell you that Biergarten was wonderful. I went there for the show/atmosphere, not expecting to like the food much. I'm not a big meat eater. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I found to eat that was tasty and fresh. And the entertainment was awesome as expected.

Disney Doll
02-22-2011, 07:43 AM
Those are two very different restaurants so it's hard to compare. Both are good. I think Beirgarten has Cape May beat with atmosphere and theme. It's really pretty inside and like others have mentioned the polka band adds some fun to the meal. I know lots of people are hesitant to try Beirgarten because they think it will be all cabbage and sausage. Don't forget that it's a buffet with plenty of options.

Can I vote for both?

PlutoPlanet
02-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Both are very good. It helps to like or be willing to try German food if you go to Biergarten. I lived in Germany and love the food. I think it is underrated.
Cape May has good clams and mussels. Also, I think Cape May is a good general buffet.