PDA

View Full Version : buying ticket separate from room?

momof3+twins
02-14-2011, 10:15 AM
I am thinking about buying my tickets from an online ticket agency (have bought there before). But, I am wondering if there is any way to add the ticket to the room once you arrive so we only have the room key to carry around. Can this be done? If so, do I go to concierge or front desk at check in?
Thanks alot!!

TinkerbellT421
02-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Yes you can :) We do it all the time. Can do it at the concierge desk. The check-in desk "dont have the ability" (for lack of a better term) to do it from their computers :)

momof3+twins
02-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks Tink! Does it take very long...I will have 7 passes!!

TinkerbellT421
02-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Nope! Doesnt take long at all :) Takes literally a minute if that for our two tickets. But they were having some brief issues with the "new" system. So one of the cast members computers wasnt accepting them, but the next cast member next to hers was fine. So sometimes theres a little snag, but its usually not too time consuming. :mickey: BTW You can also add a day or days to your tickets there as well. DBF and I usually end up adding a day at the end of the trip so for our PH tickets, to add one day per ticket this year was $10.00!! lol So if you feel the need you can add days too. The paper tickets being added to your room key don't hinder anything on what you can do with them.

Magic Smiles
02-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Just to clarify for my muddled brain....if I buy my tickets from CAA in Canada at a discounted rate when I check into my resort in WDW I can have them add my tickets to my room key at the concierge desk.
We still have some WDW no expiry tickets left from a visit quite a few years ago, but I don't remember how many park days/water parks are still on them. Can I also at that time add the waterparks if needed to my CAA tickets?

CleveRocks
02-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Just to clarify for my muddled brain....if I buy my tickets from CAA in Canada at a discounted rate when I check into my resort in WDW I can have them add my tickets to my room key at the concierge desk.
We still have some WDW no expiry tickets left from a visit quite a few years ago, but I don't remember how many park days/water parks are still on them. Can I also at that time add the waterparks if needed to my CAA tickets?

No matter where you buy your tickets, they are still genuine Disney tickets, and genuine Disney tickets can be added onto your Key To The World card. You can also upgrade or add to such tickets.

But regarding your leftover, partially-used tickets from a few years ago, you CAN'T add anything to those. A ticket, even if it has the No Expiration option, can't be upgraded or added to after 14 days have passed from the first use of the ticket.