PDA

View Full Version : when to book Excursions

waymickey
02-14-2011, 08:49 AM
We are going on Cruise August 12 and we are eager to book our excursions. Does anyone know when and how to do this? I want to book the wild side for my DD. I have no Idea what to do for the day at Nassau. We would love to go to the Atlantis but the price is so high for a day on the beach. We hate to pay just 7 bucks to sit on a beach but 60-80??? That is an awful lot for a beach day. Any ideas for other excursions??

cajunprincess
02-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Im not sure what else there is to do in Nassau besides Atlantis. We did the "Discover Atlantis" and it was wonderful! We didn't get to go to the "Aquaventure" but it was still really nice to get to wander around. We enjoyed it!

Imalismom
02-15-2011, 07:31 AM
The Booking Schedule is as follows:

Concierge Guests in Stateroom Categories 1 - 3 and Platinum Castaway Club Members can book 120 Days in Advance if cruise is paid in full

Gold Castaway Club Members In any Stateroom Category can book 105 Days in Advance if cruise is paid in full

Silver Castaway Cay Club Members In any Stateroom Category 90 Days in Advance

First time cruising? Stateroom Categories 4 - 12 75 Days in Advance

I always book online at www.disneycruise.com. I put in my reservation number (and I think they ask for birthday also for some reason) then click on excursions and book what I want.

waymickey
02-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Thank you for the information. Second time cruiser so not sure what catafory that is but i will figure it out. Any suggestions for excursions ,DD17.:mickey:

Imalismom
02-15-2011, 02:41 PM
•Silver Castaway Club member: after 1 cruise
•Gold Castaway Club member: after 5 cruises
•Platinum Castaway Club member: after 10 cruises

================================================== ========
I have only been to Nassua once and we did the
Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter which took about 5 hours.
================================================== ========
Since you mentioned beaches Junkanoo Beach is a very short walk 15-20 minutes from where you dock. You can rent beach chairs there for about $5.00 each. I have read (but not expereinced) that Cabbage beach can be very scary at times with rough water and undertow, so have read where people have said to not go there. You can also take the $1.25 public bus # 10 from Downtown to Cable Beach (pick-up at the corner of W. Bay St. & George St. near the Straw Market or walk all the way to the McDonald's/Dunkin Donuts across from the Hilton British Colonial on W. Bay St.). Have the driver drop you off at Sandals Grand Bahamian Resort - you can't use the resort, but the beach right next to it is free :) . The public access to the beach is 1/2 a block from the resort's entrance.
================================================== ====================
Are you only looking for beach things to do, or other things?

At Castaway Cay - I highly recommend doing the string ray feeding and snorkling.

waymickey
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
We are looking for anything to do. We did the snorkle adventure last time but DD has developed a phobia of the snorkel so that is out.