PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to WDW mid-late May?

Donalds Duckie
02-14-2011, 08:30 AM
DH and I will be at WDW May 22-28 (Sunday through Saturday). We received 3 PIN code emails/postcards in the last 4 weeks and I already had vacation approved for that week, so ... we booked ASMu last night.

ASMu was the only value resort available for our PIN discount during our dates.

Does anyone know what weather will be like?

What crowds will be like?

Will AS share buses this time of year? (We're driving down so we'll have our car, but we'd like to uses buses if we can)

We haven't even had a chance to look at park hours, EMH, etc. We're fine dining CS meals only if we cannot get any ADRs.

Anything else we need to be aware of?

Thanks!

BTM
02-14-2011, 10:08 AM
We were there last year around that time and had a great time as usual....

The weather was Hot but not too bad in the mornings and evenings.

The crowds were heavy but manageable. Get there early and you can hit most of the big rides quickly. The parks seemed to get really busy around lunch and stay that way till close.

We usually go during off season times and the crowds were larger than we expected but still manageable with a plan. We were there for 7 days and we did every thing we wanted with no problems.

MK did seem to have later hours that week. If I remember correctly, the hours seemed to be even later than previouly published likley due to building crowds.

We booked 3 ADRs in advance and were able to pick up the rest on the fly by being flexible.

brivers222
02-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Loved May! i have been there both early and late and it was a great time to go. Weather was perfect.

I decided to experiment other times now so last trip was october and the next trip is this december.

Mousemates
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
May is a pretty nice time to go, but be forewarned it can be quite hot and humid. The earlier in the month the better as the heat (logically) tends to build throughout the month.

anneo
02-15-2011, 11:04 AM
We went this past May, and it was hot but not oppressively hot. Considering how much drinks are in the park, you might consider bringing your own bottles of Gator Aid / Power Aid.

We had maybe an hour of rain while we were there.

The crowds were more than September but about on par with what we saw when we went the 2nd week of December.

PrettyMinnie
02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
I was there 4 years ago in early May and 2 years ago in late May, over Memorial Day Weekend. We stayed at ASMu as well. I much prefer early May because the crowds were lower and the weather was a little milder (Low 80s). Late May was just a little more crowded with a lot of school groups and the weather was very hot and humid. There were torrential rains every day from around 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM which caused massive park exits and a lot of canceled fireworks. No Fantasmic! for us. :( But overall we had a wonderful time and with a lot of planning, avoided as many crowds as possible, maximized on EMH and sought out the relief of AC at every opportunity. I would recommend going to the park early in the morning when the temps and crowds are lower then going back to the resort for a swim and a nap in the heat of the day or book afternoon ADR in a cool air conditioned place. Keep ponchos ready and enjoy! :mickey: