PDA

View Full Version : MK Breakfast Tips?

NH Disneyfan
02-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Do you have any tips for breakfast dining at MK and getting done in time for rope drop? How early do they start serving breakfast when the park opens at 9am?

I'm considering Crystal Palace. Is there any other place that serves breakfast at MK besides CP and Royal Table?

Thanks!

McLiberal8
02-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Last time I was at WDW, I made reservations at 8am for Crystal Palace. I was done just in time for the rope drop, and was about to come in about 15 minutes early to walk around on a deserted Main Street.

I do believe the only breakfast locations are Crystal Palace and Cinderella - the rest of the park besides Main Street and the front of the castle are roped off before opening.

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I usually book Crystal Palace for 8:00... And we are always seated fast, and done dining by 8:30... So I say you can get it done by rope drop. My friend and I never worry about rope drop though... I usually take that time to walk through an empty Main Street... they i head over to Adventureland and take in some more wonderful theming before the crowds of people swarm the areas...

finaldynasty
02-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Last time I was at WDW, I made reservations at 8am for Crystal Palace. I was done just in time for the rope drop, and was about to come in about 15 minutes early to walk around on a deserted Main Street.

I do believe the only breakfast locations are Crystal Palace and Cinderella - the rest of the park besides Main Street and the front of the castle are roped off before opening.

You are right...these are the only two places open before rope drop, but we usually go to CRT. That way it puts us closer to Fantasyland or BTM.

Either resturant is fine, but I agree 8 am is a good reservation time.

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2011, 03:49 AM
1) I recommend eating at CR.
2) THe Wave has a pretty good breakfast buffet.
3) You can then quickly walk to MK for rope drop.

Our Ratings of The Wave (Breakfast Buffet):
. . . food price value: C+
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: B (not yet widely known, so not busy)
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: This is a new location for a breakfast buffet. The buffet
is not overly lengthy or widely diverse, but more than ample in
selection and quantity. At just under $20 per adult, it is a reasonable
buffet for WDW, but the selection quantity slightly reduces the
perceived value to a "C+" from a "B". However, as buffet breakfast,
it is probably the best-kept secret in WDW.

sainter
02-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Rusty, is the Wave just recently a breakfast buffet?
I have reservations there in about a month based mainly on the fact that they had sweet potato pancakes on their menu - something we miss now that Boatworks at POR is not open for breakfast. I am guessing those will not be available at a buffet...

PlutoPlanet
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
We were pleasantly surprised with the Wave for breakfast. Yeah, it is a bit pricey, so are lots of places in Disney. The food was quite good. Yes, I love the short walk to MK.

Good tip Rusty, per usual.