PDA

View Full Version : Alcoholic Drinks on DCL: Free or Out of Pocket?

Mammabruski
02-13-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi all,
I've never been on a cruise, DCL or otherwise and I'm a little curious... Do you pay out of pocket for drinks like wine, beer and mixed drinks? Or is it part of the cost of a ticket? How about other cruise lines? All this coverage of the Disney Dream has really got my interests up about cruises, but DCL seems expensive...
TIA!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Any cruise I've been on you have to pay extra for sodas or alcoholic drinks....However, I think there is an option where you can pay a bit more to get unlimited drinks.

DisneyFr33k
02-13-2011, 02:56 PM
With DCL, sodas are free at dinner, lunch buffet's and the station by the pools. If you order one at a bar or in the clubs, they are extra.

Yes, alcohol is not free. I wish!

caryrae
02-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Man could you imagine if you didn't have to pay for booze.

Goofy4TheWorld
02-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Man could you imagine if you didn't have to pay for booze.

I imagine that the chaos would likely sink the ship in no time flat!

DisneyFr33k
02-14-2011, 04:42 AM
I imagine that the chaos would likely sink the ship in no time flat!

Yes, chaos getting on the boat! After that, :beer: :marg: :wine: :thumbsup:

johnO
02-15-2011, 06:49 AM
Unlike onther lines, DCL allows you to bring alocohol onto the ship in your carryon bags. I brought some Beck's Beer and a couple of bottles of choice liquor with us on the last cruise. We saved a ton of money.

Imalismom
02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
If you are on the dream, and are on concierge level, drinks are now included in a happy hour in the conceirge lounge. Other than that, alcohol is not included.

Ian
02-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Alcohol is not included, however, unlike most cruise lines Disney does include soft drinks (for the most part) as a part of your fare. The only time you pay for soda is if you order it from the bar.

Also, I didn't think the drinks on board were outrageously expensive. Every day they have a special cocktail they offer for $5 all day long, which is pretty reasonable. I think beers and mixed drinks were priced roughly what you'd pay at like a more upscale, urban bar.

As far as DCL being expensive, that I'll agree with you on. They are priced quite a bit above what the average cruise line charges. That being said, being aboard the Dream was truly a premium experience so in this case I really think you get what you pay for.