PDA

View Full Version : PRICES are killing me, anyone else feeling it too?

mouseketeer mom
02-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi all,
I used to be a frequent intercot flyer as you all know...but have been on the down low recently, life has been really busy!!! Anyways...we are thinking of an Easter trip..my DH proposed an Easter trip to me over Valentines dinner last night. Now I'm entirely frustrated. The prices for accomodations have gone through the roof. How can I justify these prices..just for the ROOM??? I can not believe how much this Easter trip would cost us. We are a family of five that stays deluxes..DH would not be happy at a mod or value. He is used to a certain way, and doesnt want to do things differently. We spend alot of time at the resort and love the downtime there in between parks and in the evening. Where we stay is very important to us. We are Poly People and I just can't see this happening with these prices during this week. How does anyone else pull off Easter week? I just can't justify it, and I want to!

DizneyRox
02-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Early planning is the key to cheaper vacations.

You're what, two months out? The law of supply and demand is way against you at this point.

Magic Smiles
02-13-2011, 08:43 AM
If you want a deluxe you have to pay deluxe prices. It is the same at any other 'deluxe' hotel out there not in Disney, especially at Easter time.

mouseketeer mom
02-13-2011, 08:55 AM

You're what, two months out? The law of supply and demand is way against you at this point.

The room prices are not affected by early planning, are they?? A garden view room at the Poly is over $500.00/night!!!

VWL Mom
02-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I feel your pain, that is the main reason we bought into DVC in 2006.

There is a spring special which needs to be booked today. Maybe you could take that and stay for 4 or 5 nights instead of 7? Just a thought.

Good luck

VWL Mom
02-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Lisa, I just remember AP rates are out through 4/16. Poly is $386 I believe. Maybe it would be worth buying one AP? You would need to run the numbers.

mouseketeer mom
02-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Lisa, I just remember AP rates are out through 4/16. Poly is $386 I believe. Maybe it would be worth buying one AP? You would need to run the numbers.

I'll do that. It looks like every single room type is open at the poly too. Forget how we usually stay at club level, a garden view club level is $725/night!!!! WOW!!

Dsnygirl
02-13-2011, 10:21 AM

It wouldn't help her for Easter, though, as the AP rates aren't availabe then. :(

To the OP - I feel your pain... we saw the Disney golf special available over Easter wknd (crazy great rates for all four courses, unlimited play... my DH was baying at the moon to go... ;)) but we couldn't justify the cost, either, and that was for driving and staying at a value resort!!

Easter rates are just what they are -- crazy high b/c most northern and northeastern schools are on break, and the assumption is that a high percentage of them will go to Disney. So, just like Christmas or any other holiday, the rates are through the roof for rooms, airfare, you name it... and no specials or discounts to be found.

If I were you, I would try for an off-season trip -- it's why we're giving August a "go" this year, and just preparing ourselves for the heat. :cool:

VWL Mom
02-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Sorry, your right. Offer ends 4/16 and Easter's 4/22.

1DisneyNut
02-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Rates across the board have increased so much it is ridiculous. We used to go to WDW two or three times a year. Now we can hardly justify the cost even with the discounts. lol We are in the same boat as you, we prefer the deluxe hotels. Last time we decided to try a moderate and went with Port Orleans Riverside resort but we weren't happy. Walking to the main building for the restaurant and big pool was like going on a hike through the wilderness. We were so far away it wasn't even funny.
We have decided to do something else for our next vacation and are going to New York to see the sites, museums and take in a broadway play. We are already working on plans for the vacation after that one now and it looks like it is probably going to be a cruise and we are going to take a tour to the Chichen Itza Mayan ruins. Both of these vacations are working out to be less expensive than our usual trip to WDW.

Hammer
02-13-2011, 11:08 AM

The room prices are not affected by early planning, are they?? A garden view room at the Poly is over $500.00/night!!!

Rack rates are not affected by early planning. The rate for Easter week was set when Disney published their 2011 rates and have not fluctuated. Lisa's price quote would have been the same if she had booked 6 months out.

If you want a deluxe you have to pay deluxe prices. It is the same at any other 'deluxe' hotel out there not in Disney, especially at Easter time.

Yes, you will pay deluxe prices for Easter week anywhere else, but Disney's rack rate for that week are pretty high by comparison. I checked the New York Palace, which definitely qualifies as a deluxe hotel, and I could get a room with 2 beds overlooking St. Patrick's Cathedral, which is better than the basic view, for 339 a night. The Hotel Del Coronado is even cheaper than the Poly. I can get a room with 2 beds there for 445 a night. At both of these hotels, this is the "rack rate", not any special rate.

Dulcee
02-13-2011, 11:10 AM
Not for nothing but you might want to poke around the moderate's websites. As a family we had always stayed deluxes but eventually the prices just became to much. While there is a difference the moderates are still nice, especially either of the Port Orleans. They have a very adult feel and in my opinion a disney trip on a slight lower scale is better then no trip at all.

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Disney charges those rates because they know they can... If people stopped booking, the rates may lower, or more discounts would be available... However, Easter is a prime time to go to WDW, and they know this...

I'm sorry this trip is going to cost you an arm, leg, two livers, a spleen, and probably a few hearts... Maybe look for accommodations off property... Or, look for a moderate resort to stay in... Hope things work out for you...

LudwigVonDrake
02-13-2011, 11:39 AM
This is why I book a year or so ahead of time and pay it off :mickey:

Hammer
02-13-2011, 12:18 PM
:cop:Moderator Alert!!

Please, let's keep to the poster's question. Personal attacks are not allowed and will be deleted.

TinkerbellT421
02-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Have you ever looked into renting DVC points?? Ive never stayed in a Deluxe like Poly or GF so I dont know what the comparisons are. But try taking a look at the DVC resorts on property like Beach Club or Boardwalk resorts and see if thats maybe something to look into?? :mickey: I hope you get to go :)

Ian
02-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Easter week is like the second busiest week of the year. You're just not going to find discounts that week. It's like Christmas week, basically.

You might (and I stress might) do better trying to rent some DVC points. I went in on the member website and just threw in some guideline dates (4/23 - 4/30) for a Magic Kingdom view studio at Bay Lake Tower. It would be 241 points which on rental would probably cost you about $2,650. That comes to around $380 a night.

Not great, but pretty good for a hotel that's walking distance from Magic Kingdom with a view of the fireworks at night.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Are your dates flexible? You are always going to pay more for a holiday trip. We usually stay values and I agree a trip to Disney is great no matter where I stay. If you are really not going for the parks and looking more to stay in a nice hotel perhaps you should do a non-Disney trip. Wow, can't believe I said that:secret:

MarkC
02-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Like VWL Mom said above, if you like to stay at a Deluxe resort (that isn't the Poly), you should really consider buying into DVC. In looking at how frequently you vacation at Disney, it would make perfect sense. 6 nights at the Poly will run you $2,000-$3,000 a trip. You can buy 100 points for less than $9,000 resale and then your cost per night will drop drastically.

As for this trip, you can either decide to pay through the nose, stay elsewhere or reschedule to a cheaper time. I'm afraid your option are pretty limited, but good luck.

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
One thing to take into account with the DVC suggestion is that Easter Week is a high point period at DVC resorts as well so the point requirement is going to be pretty high, 100 points certainly won't do it.

Trying to stay in a deluxe accomodation at a prime time is going to be a costly trip, especially at WDW with the profit is the one and only priority mentality that is in vogue there now.

TikiGoddess
02-13-2011, 05:59 PM
How about Swan or Dolphin? Deluxe accommodations for a lower price.... And a great location.

Kathy

mom2morgan
02-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I TOTALLY agree with you! It is NOT just about early planning, or wanting to stay in a Deluxe. Prices have gone up - WAY up in the last few years. One factor is the shrinking "Value" season. I counted for the upcoming year, and there are fewer than 30 days at the "value" price, whereas it used to be at least 3 times that. Where we used to be able to stay at a Moderate in non-peak seasons for 149, it is now 173 in May and October. There used to be "Value" and "Regular" - and now each of those is divided into different "tiers". There is now way around it - accomondation has definitely gotten much, much pricier and it is indeed keeping us from going for an extra year. In the long run, Disney is going to lose out on this! We used to go every 2 years - now it's going to be 3 or 4. They then lose all the money we spend on Parks, food, and souvenirs - etc. Seems like a lose-lose all the way around if you ask me.

PopPhan
02-14-2011, 08:23 AM
Yes, prices have been going up at a 3%-5% pace year-on-year, but so has the price on everything else -- food, clothing, gas, etc.

Just be glad that you can afford staying Deluxe when you visit. A lot of us can only afford a trip if we pool our pennies and stay in Value resorts during Value Season.

But, in all honesty, prices will continue to go up until there is a major blow-back from visitors -- Bookings for Deluxe accommodations MUST drop before prices will. The laws of Supply and Demand are in full effect at WDW -- as long as the Supply of Deluxe rooms is lower that the Demand for those rooms, prices will increase. Once Demand drops to match, or sink below, Supply, prices will drop....Not until that happens, though.

Mousemates
02-14-2011, 08:47 AM
How about Swan or Dolphin? Deluxe accommodations for a lower price.... And a great location.

Kathy

yeah...we love the swan and you can still get an easter week resort view two queen room (all fees/taxes included for 340 a night...not cheap by any means but a lot less that $500. (and the dolphin had room even less expensive...thou they are double beds instead of queens).

BugeyedMuggy
02-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe see if The Swan or Dolphin are available. They are a deluxe hotel with a moderate price.

Ian
02-14-2011, 10:00 AM
I like the Swan & Dolphin suggestion. I've stayed at both and they're pretty nice hotels. You definitely can't beat the atmosphere ... both are very picturesque and the location is awesome being smack dab between Epcot and the Studios.

princessgirls
02-14-2011, 10:09 AM
You never know...you may book a room at a DVC resort or the Swan or Dolphin and really like it. It wouldn't be your normal vacation at the Poly, but it would be a new and something different.

I'm not someone who really welcomes change, I like what I like and do what I know kind of attitude, but I have been pleasantly surprised on a few occasions!!
My attitude would be I'm willing to try something new if that means We can Go!!!!
Hope it works out for you guys Lisa!
Julie:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Easter week is like the second busiest week of the year. You're just not going to find discounts that week.

Along these lines, don't give up Lisa! Last year, at the last minute, they opened up the Room Only discounts for Easter Week. I remember because we had to do a whole lot maneuvering to get our dates in the discount window (we were using the Military Room Only discount, and the dates from 3/27 on were blacked out, so we checked in on 3/26). HOWEVER, sometime around early March, if I recall correctly, Disney opened up the previously Blacked Out Easter days from ALL resort room only discount offers. So, we could have gone later than we did, if we had booked last minute, and still gotten the same discount.

We stayed last year the week prior to Easter (we left two days before Easter) because that was our kid's spring break. We stayed BC CL with a 40% discount.

Don't lose hope! If the resorts have lots of vacancy that week, they'll open up a discount last minute.

DH was asking me the other day when the kids spring break was this year, and when I told him, he said "I'm going to take off work that week." Secretly, I'm trying to sneak in a trip to WDW, IF they release room only discounts (our kid's break is April 18-22). We simply can't swing it any other way, the way we WANT to do it (Deluxe).

buzznwoodysmom
02-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Lisa, I'll second what Natalie just said. My brother and his family were booked without a discount two years ago for Easter week. A few weeks before their trip I noticed that the window had opened and they were able to get a discount. I had forgotten about it till Natalie's post. I remember they wanted to upgrade from a value to a moderate, but another family that was going with them had booked through Expedia and couldn't move to another resort so they just took the discount and stayed at the value. But the discount definitely came out less than a month from their trip.

Stickey
02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
The best solution is to change the date of your trip. Super-peak resort rates and crowd levels are not a good combination.

Utilizing room discounts at a deluxe resort during regular, or value season is the most economical option.

Ian
02-14-2011, 03:38 PM
While I would never say never in regards to discounts (anything can happen), given recent news I would not say that just because they discounted Easter Week last year and the year before that they're going to do it this year.

They definitely seem in tent on (to use their wording) "weaning guests off discounts" this year and, with attendance up at the end of 2011, I'd expect that to continue.

It could happen, but I'm just saying I'm not sure I'd make that your primary plan.

mouseketeer mom
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Everyones responses have been great. I will check for discounts constantly, and I checked dining for that week, just to see, and I could get everything if I wished, including Le Cellier and Ohanas. And every room category pops up at the deluxes as being available as well. So, we usually stay lagoon view club, at the Poly, and those rooms are going for $925/night!!! Who, tell me who, would even consider that? I am truly confused with these incredible prices. Its not a matter of can we, but why in the world would we?? Pay those sick prices for 5 of us shoved in one room. I'm feeling very unhappy with Disney for the first time, I think in forever.

MizMissy
02-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Lisa - I do not have any extra advice to offer, just wanted to send along good vibes that you are able to find a decent room rate and can make your trip!
I agree that the price is outrageous, especially considering that everyone already knows at Disney you are paying more for location, location, location than true luxury/club level accommodations. And, I've yet to find any hotel room worth $925 a night, much less a Disney one!

I know Disney is still offering discounts. In fact, I've received 3 pin codes so far this year -- just not the week of Easter.

You may want to make your ADRs anyway in hopes of finding an acceptable room rate. You can always cancel. The fact that you can find ADRs and there are so many categories of room still available maybe indicates that bookings are down and the room prices will be more reasonable soon.

Best of luck! I hope your trip happens and your unhappiness with Disney fades!

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Everyones responses have been great. I will check for discounts constantly, and I checked dining for that week, just to see, and I could get everything if I wished, including Le Cellier and Ohanas. And every room category pops up at the deluxes as being available as well.

See, that's my reasoning as well. There seems to be a TON of availability at the resorts that week. Also, last year when we went, we were also able to make every ADR we wanted (although we missed most of them), something like 4 weeks out. EVERYTHING had availability.

And, to answer your question, NO ONE is dumb enough to pay "peak" prices. I think the ones who do simply don't know any better, and I bet they have so much money it doesn't even phase them.

I absolutely refuse to go over $450/night for a Disney resort room. I've not really even come close to that yet, due to ALWAYS getting a discount.

If I were you, I'd also make all the ADRs, buy plane tickets (on an airline that doesn't charge a change fee, like Jet Blue or offers credit for unused tickets, like Southwest). That way, you'll be covered if (when) they eliminate the blackout days around Easter.

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 12:06 PM
While I would never say never in regards to discounts (anything can happen), given recent news I would not say that just because they discounted Easter Week last year and the year before that they're going to do it this year.

They definitely seem in tent on (to use their wording) "weaning guests off discounts" this year and, with attendance up at the end of 2011, I'd expect that to continue.

It could happen, but I'm just saying I'm not sure I'd make that your primary plan.

To counter that, I'd like to remind everyone that, as recently as last October, the "official" word regarding room discounts was "no more." No sooner had they announced an end to resort discounts did they release a slew of Free Dining dates for 2011. Since then, it's been almost laughable how much of 2011 has been discounted. That's when the new line of "phasing out discounts" came about. Things don't seem too much different, discount wise, than they were last year.

Disney might WANT to eliminate or phase out discounts, but at this point, that's going to be almost impossible. Unless they completely revamp their pricing structure, and admit that their rack rates are out of line (which I'm SO sure they're willing to do), they will need to keep prices at the level where supply and demand dictate. If they eliminate discounts and remain priced the way they are, they will lose a LOT of business. At this point, it's quite obvious that the only way they can fill up the resorts during particular times of year is to offer discounts. Without them, they will either lose occupancy off site resorts, or people will simply not come as often.

Granny Jill A
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Disney will continue to raise prices and shorten the Value season until their numbers start dropping.
We can't skip eating, buying gasoline or paying utility bills, but we can skip or downsize vacations.

After going for 20 years, my daughter has stopped going to WDW with her family of 4. It's gotten so expensive for them to take the kids to the parks, now that both are paying adult admission.

I've been coming down every year since 1992, and I will miss my annual dose of WDW because of rising prices.

Bye, Mickey! :cry::cry::cry::sadwave::sadwave:

Dsnygirl
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
I can't help it, I just have to jump and ask -- what does a "club room" get you that you don't get with a regular deluxe room? A regular room at Poly is $540/night Easter week, and even that seems crazy for just a room with two beds and a place for your clothes. But $975?? YIKES!! My family of 4 could stay VERY comfortably at CBR for $240/nt Easter week... what in the world would push a room into the $500 range?? Accessibility to the monorail is nice, but you still have to wait for it... I've waited just as long for a monorail ride as I have for a bus.

Just curious, b/c if I had to choose b/w a trip and downgrading to a moderate or "regular" deluxe room, you can bet I'd still go, no questions asked!! :D

Ian
02-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Don't get me started on Disney's "club level" accomodations ... outside of some free munchies you get basically zip in terms of added benefit.

The rooms are the same size, the club level staff can't do anything special for you in terms of reservations or event tickets, and you don't really get any better service than you do in a regular room (since anywhere you go outside the resort no one knows you're a "club level" guest).

Oh but wait they do have special club level check-in services available, so if that and some free snacks are worth an extra $475 a night to you then have at it! :secret:

Dsnygirl
02-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't get me started on Disney's "club level" accomodations ... outside of some free munchies you get basically zip in terms of added benefit.

The rooms are the same size, the club level staff can't do anything special for you in terms of reservations or event tickets, and you don't really get any better service than you do in a regular room (since anywhere you go outside the resort no one knows you're a "club level" guest).

Oh but wait they do have special club level check-in services available, so if that and some free snacks are worth an extra $475 a night to you then have at it! :secret:

:rotfl: :funny:

johnO
02-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi all,
I used to be a frequent intercot flyer as you all know...but have been on the down low recently, life has been really busy!!! Anyways...we are thinking of an Easter trip..my DH proposed an Easter trip to me over Valentines dinner last night. Now I'm entirely frustrated. The prices for accomodations have gone through the roof. How can I justify these prices..just for the ROOM??? I can not believe how much this Easter trip would cost us. We are a family of five that stays deluxes..DH would not be happy at a mod or value. He is used to a certain way, and doesnt want to do things differently. We spend alot of time at the resort and love the downtime there in between parks and in the evening. Where we stay is very important to us. We are Poly People and I just can't see this happening with these prices during this week. How does anyone else pull off Easter week? I just can't justify it, and I want to!

Well, the choice seems easy to me; you can either downgrade hotels to a moderate and hope a discount comes out and uprgade at that time or you cane stay at home....

Why not check out a disney cruise?

mouseketeer mom
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh believe me, we're not even considering a club level room this time. Ridiculous for sure. The only mod that fits our family of five is POR, and my kids are bigger, (they will be 17,15, and 11 at time of travel)..we'd be smooshed. No thank you. I'm saying even the regular deluxe rooms are a fortune as well. A small fortune. We have been to Disneyworld since the kids were beans, we have always stayed Deluxe, this fits/suits our family well. Now Disney has jacked the prices so much its not even a little affordable to stay the way we always have?? Its the exact same vacation!

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Now Disney has jacked the prices so much its not even a little affordable to stay the way we always have?? Its the exact same vacation!

This drives me crazy too! Why should a room cost vary so much. It's the SAME ROOM!!!!

I say, Disney should institute THREE prices for all their resorts. Weekday, Weekend, Holiday (like, you know, the way the rest of the hotel industry operates). Open the booking up 365 days in advance, and watch the law of supply and demand operate. I bet you if they did this, and the price matrix was in line with other hotels (plus a healthy increase for the "location" argument), they'd have their resorts close to 100% occupied during the entire year. They wouldn't have to play this discounts game anymore.

BellesRose
02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
I didn't read every response, so this may have already been suggested, but have you ever considered getting a villa at Saratoga Springs? It's the least expensive deluxe resort and, in my opinion, it's the nicest and cleanest.

Mousemates
02-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Don't get me started on Disney's "club level" accomodations ... outside of some free munchies you get basically zip in terms of added benefit....

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the "value" of the club level rooms...we have been fortunate enough over the years to get free upgrades on multiple occasions. The only time we paid was for an anniversary stay at the WL and that was deeply discounted. (We do tend to make the most of the food offerings though and are able to skip breakfasts and sometimes another meal a day during our stay to cut some other costs out)

However, for $425 a night in savings you could book a regular room and order room service for breakfast, afternoon beverages and even a late-night snack and still come out ahead--even with the super high costs of disney delivery.

Dsnygirl
02-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh believe me, we're not even considering a club level room this time. Ridiculous for sure. The only mod that fits our family of five is POR, and my kids are bigger, (they will be 17,15, and 11 at time of travel)..we'd be smooshed. No thank you.

You're right... you'd be smooshed! ;) We're figuring by the time our girls are in their teens, we'll be wanting bigger accomodations, as well... and we've only got 2. Yikes... makes me think more about the whole DVC thing, but that's a whole OTHER conversation... :blush:

Have you thought about the family suites at Pop?? I know nothing about them, haven't ever seen them and don't know anyone who's used them, but maybe they'd be an idea, just to have an Easter getaway??

I feel for you on the whole pricing thing having gone haywire... I wasn't aware they'd jumped that significantly, as we don't usually travel during peak times. Good luck... I hope you find an answer!! :fingers:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-15-2011, 09:37 PM

For $475 a nite those snacks had better be AWFULLY tasty!! :D

mouseketeer mom
02-15-2011, 09:40 PM
See, that's my reasoning as well. There seems to be a TON of availability at the resorts that week. Also, last year when we went, we were also able to make every ADR we wanted (although we missed most of them), something like 4 weeks out. EVERYTHING had availability.

And, to answer your question, NO ONE is dumb enough to pay "peak" prices. I think the ones who do simply don't know any better, and I bet they have so much money it doesn't even phase them.

I absolutely refuse to go over $450/night for a Disney resort room. I've not really even come close to that yet, due to ALWAYS getting a discount.

If I were you, I'd also make all the ADRs, buy plane tickets (on an airline that doesn't charge a change fee, like Jet Blue or offers credit for unused tickets, like Southwest). That way, you'll be covered if (when) they eliminate the blackout days around Easter.

Hey you. I took your advice. Booked plane tkts I have been watching prices and they've been going up and up, so I locked it in. If we have to change it, we change it., but we're set for Easter week right now, and I booked ADR's as well. Not alot, but Easter dinner at Ohanas, Cali Grill, Cape May, La Hacienda, and a few others. If we don't go, I'll cancel. So...just need a place to stay...This is risky business, I tell ya', never planned a trip to WDW like this before. Its bizarre for sure. I'm sure I'm in a fantasy world in my own head thinking they might actually release an Easter wk discount..but I will hold out..since every single category of each resort is open right now. If they don't, I'll get creative..perhaps a split stay will help??? Where and how I don't know yet.

johnO
02-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Hope it works out. Just remember, you can always downgrade to a Mod and "Slum" with the rest of us... :D

BrerGnat
02-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Good luck Lisa! I'm sure something will come along that will work for you!

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Wow!! Those prices are just... :faint: Hope you're able to work something out so you can make your trip happen. A family suite at one of the values? A cabin at Ft. Wilderness? Adjoining rooms at a moderate? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your able to get a spring break discount!

wildernesslady
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
Good luck with the planning. I hope it works out for you. Have you considered 2 moderate rooms. It still may be cheaper than one at the poly. We own DVC and stay in the villas which are plenty big. Maybe try renting points from a member.

luvdiznee
02-16-2011, 05:19 PM

I agree with this also. I've read it elsewhere a couple of times. But I did also go and quote for late Sept when they are still offering a disc; for 8 nights at AKL & 5 day base for 2 adults came to about $2200. And no DP.

Hope it works out. Just remember, you can always downgrade to a Mod and "Slum" with the rest of us... :D

I love the Mods. :D

princessgirls
02-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Lisa,

I have good friends that are Poly people as well. Family of five, fit nicely in the rooms at the Poly. We all went together for Spring Break of 2009, and they ended up getting 2 rooms at the Port Orleans French Quarter, as prices were really high, and they found they really liked having the extra bathroom, and room. It was a good amount less. Might be something to consider.

buzznwoodysmom
02-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Lisa,

I have good friends that are Poly people as well. Family of five, fit nicely in the rooms at the Poly. We all went together for Spring Break of 2009, and they ended up getting 2 rooms at the Port Orleans French Quarter, as prices were really high, and they found they really liked having the extra bathroom, and room. It was a good amount less. Might be something to consider.

That is a great suggestion. However, looking at Easter week prices, two rooms at a moderate are around the same price as a garden view room at the Poly. At that point you may as well just stay where you really want. I was thinking two rooms at a moderate would be way less too, but not so during Easter week. The prices all around are over the top for that week.

queentecce
02-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi
Yeah, if you want to go Easter you gotta pay. That is one of the busiest weeks of the year and they will get that price from someone!! We have DVC at Bay Lake Tower and the points are the highest that week and xmass. Good Luck. I was there once at Easter and it is great.. the parade is awesome.

Tigerinvestigator
02-21-2011, 01:15 PM
I feel your pain. If it weren't for the Swan/Dolphin offering deep discounts we would not be able to go every year. We are a family of 5 and that leaves us with very few options (POR) other than the deluxe resorts. I have always felt Walt would have been disgusted with the fact a family of 5 cannot stay at a value or moderate resort without getting a suite or two rooms which most can't afford. Now the Deluxe Disney owned resort rates are out of control. I remember a few years ago the Grand Floridian rooms were $500/night and everybody thought that was elite. Now $500/night at any deluxe is a bargain! We are going the week of March 13th and no deluxe resorts available for 5 people under $450/night. We got the Dolphin for $169/night. If they ever get on board with the Disney resorts I don't know what we will do.:ill:

Auntie
02-22-2011, 01:13 PM
We usually use an AP rate, as we stay Deluxe also. What I have found this year, is that the rack rate has increased some $70.00 at the poly for a Garden View room. Sooo...even with the AP discount, not seeing as much of a savings as we have previously. Where as last May we had a garden view room for $238.00 tax included. Not so this year. In fact, they haven't offered AP rates for that time period yet. The regular public discount offered is 35 % but they have raised the rate of a garden view room to $470.00, so again, even with the discount, it's still a pricey stay.

southerngirl
02-22-2011, 01:29 PM
You are right: It is SO expensive. We usually stay club level at the Poly, and we looked into staying there during the first week in April, but the prices were outrageous. It was about $3000 for 4 nights and 3 day tickets, with the spring discount, which worked out to about $625 a night for just the room! By comparison, we spent 5 nights at the Poly the week before Christmas this year, and we had 4 day park hoppers, and we paid about $2,200 (or about $325/night after tickets). Even the non-club rooms at the Poly for that first week in April were over $500 a night.

We originally booked our April trip at the Wilderness Lodge in a woods view room, but that was going to cost us about $1300 for 4 nights (room only), even with the discount. We finally decided to switch to the Swan. We're getting an educator discount rate there of $189 a night. We decided that, for the monetary difference (a savings, with taxes, of about $400), since we were only getting a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge and wouldn't have direct monorail access, which is a major reason we like the MK deluxes, it was worth it to stay at the Swan. We've stayed there before and thought it was lovely, and we enjoy the boardwalk area and the boat service to Epcot, where we can then catch a monorail to the MK via the TTC.

Septbride2002
02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
The Swan and Dolphin is a good suggestion or how about a cabin at Fort Wilderness? If push comes to shove you can always try some of the Downtown Disney hotels, I've had some friends get really good deals on those.

~Amanda

southerngirl
02-22-2011, 01:49 PM
And, I think the Swan/Dolphin are running a special where you pay less than $100 for a connecting room. So, you could get two rooms for less than the price of one at a Disney deluxe. You don't have the same themeing that you do at a Disney hotel, but the Swan/Dolphin are Westins, and they have some good restaurants, and we love the boat service. Plus, you can walk to the Boardwalk shops and restaurants or to Epcot and the Studios. It's a great location!

mickeysmouse
02-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Rates across the board have increased so much it is ridiculous. We used to go to WDW two or three times a year. Now we can hardly justify the cost even with the discounts. lol We are in the same boat as you, we prefer the deluxe hotels. Last time we decided to try a moderate and went with Port Orleans Riverside resort but we weren't happy. Walking to the main building for the restaurant and big pool was like going on a hike through the wilderness. We were so far away it wasn't even funny.
We have decided to do something else for our next vacation and are going to New York to see the sites, museums and take in a broadway play. We are already working on plans for the vacation after that one now and it looks like it is probably going to be a cruise and we are going to take a tour to the Chichen Itza Mayan ruins. Both of these vacations are working out to be less expensive than our usual trip to WDW.

sad but true, we were going from NY down to FL 3x a year as well. These prices coupled with unemployment and gas prices are keeping us from even doing ANY vacation. Very sad. What happened to the deals???

lovinmesomedisney
02-23-2011, 09:42 AM
This is EXACTLY why I don't understand how anybody could stay at a deluxe. I can take three to four trips to a value resort for the cost of one deluxe trip. Just doesn't make sense to me! I am a park person though. If I want to sit around at a nice resort, I can do that anywhere in my own city. All I need is a place to sleep and it's off to the parks from open to close! :twocents:

Dsnygirl
02-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I hear what everybody is saying about the prices, and I agree that Disney's pricing on their deluxe rooms, even the mods at peak season, are out of proportion to other (and better) hotels out there.

But I also think you have to factor in the rest of the costs of a Disney vacation and understand that b/c of park tickets, you ARE going to pay more than other vacations, unless you plan on going to a theme park in some other part of the country every day for a week or more, which most people rarely do. If you were to pay for that, your costs would be very similar.

Take going to an indoor waterpark for a long weekend, for example.

Great Wolf Lodge is $389/night (+ tax) for a family of four in a regular room. This includes tickets to the waterpark, but nothing more. 4 nights/4 days - $1560 (+ tax), + food & gas $$ to get there. Average meal cost for each day, bkfst, "snack" lunch, dinner runs about $150, so add in $600 for food. You're talking $2200 for 4 days!!

My upcoming trip to Disney in August is costing our family of 4 $2900, including food, for 10 days. Granted, that's during free dining, so if you add in what we traditionally spend on food per day, about $150 w/ snacks, it comes to $4400 - which would be the waterpark price, on average, for 8 days. And all you get is one indoor waterpark -- not four parks, shows, fireworks....

This is only one example... of course, if you're taking a vacation that is primarily visiting national parks, museums, maybe one or two stops to a water or amusement parks, tours... your expenses will be FAR less that a Disney vacation.

We have priced out TONS of vacations that are less than Disney... even cruises. And to do an "apples to apples" comparison of what you get is almost impossible.

But on the whole, even though the prices for Disney's deluxe resorts and such are out of line with the traditional hotel market, if you're willing to stay at a "lesser resort" like a moderate (which are still quite nice, IMHO) you really aren't paying that much more for everything else, if you factor in everything you're getting in each park.

Just my :twocents:, for what it's worth... I really do hope that Disney realizes their deluxe, etc., prices are crazy at some point... but that would take people not staying there anymore, and as long as people are willing to pay it, they'll keep the prices as they are. ;)

buzznwoodysmom
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Great Wolf Lodge is $389/night (+ tax) for a family of four in a regular room. This includes tickets to the waterpark, but nothing more. 4 nights/4 days - $1560 (+ tax), + food & gas $$ to get there. Average meal cost for each day, bkfst, "snack" lunch, dinner runs about $150, so add in $600 for food. You're talking $2200 for 4 days!!

Well we stayed at a Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio two summers ago for 3 nights and we didn't spend anywhere near that amount. Our room was only $250 a night, we had a kid camp room, meaning the kids had their own little room with TV and bunkbeds within our room. This room was way bigger than any WDW resort room. We ate all meals at the resort, including the buffet, the sit down, fast food, pizza window, and ice cream and snacks. We bought a few things in the gift shop and we spent just over $1000 for the entire weekend. And this was 4th of July weekend. Disney's prices are way higher than that for a holiday weekend, just for the room. I don't typically compare Great Wolf Lodge to WDW, but since you did I just thought I'd share my experience.

The thing is that the prices are way higher this year than they have been over the past few years for the same week. I understand prices go up, but the prices seem to have sky rocketed this year for some reason. With so many resort options still available for Easter week (one of their busiest weeks of the year-and only 8 or 9 weeks away) I'm wondering if their huge price increase is going to bit them in the rear.

Dsnygirl
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Well we stayed at a Great Wolf Lodge in Ohio two summers ago for 3 nights and we didn't spend anywhere near that amount. Our room was only $250 a night, we had a kid camp room, meaning the kids had their own little room with TV and bunkbeds within our room. This room was way bigger than any WDW resort room. We ate all meals at the resort, including the buffet, the sit down, fast food, pizza window, and ice cream and snacks. We bought a few things in the gift shop and we spent just over $1000 for the entire weekend. And this was 4th of July weekend. Disney's prices are way higher than that for a holiday weekend, just for the room. I don't typically compare Great Wolf Lodge to WDW, but since you did I just thought I'd share my experience.

I guess it depends on which Great Wolf you go to... we are in the middle of 3, and all 3 have different prices. Ontario is more expensive than Poconos or Ohio, and offers less "deals", and that's the resort I was using as the comparison. Summertime is also traditionally less expensive, since more people go to the outdoor water parks, so they lower their prices, even on a holiday wknd. I've seen Ontario as low as what you quoted, but rarely. We've yet to bite the bullet and go, primarily because the prices ARE so high... but many of our friends have, and that's where I got the numbers... they came home amazed at where $2K went in 4 days. :blush: Plus, if your room was $250/night, your room alone would have been $1000 plus food -- I was comparing 4 nights, even though I know you can stay 3 nights and end up with 4 days in the waterpark. :) But -- you are also talking a pretty sweet room, if you had the kid camp room... those are WAY better than anything you'd get at Disney for that price! :thumbsup:

It's all a part of everyone's individual variables... and I am hoping what everyone else here is hoping -- that Disney's obscene pricing on the deluxes, and their crazy room rates in general over holidays and peak seasons w/o any discounts -- will in fact do exactly what you said and bite them back... maybe they'll learn?? But, doubtful if there are still people willing to pay it.... :rolleyes:

Disney_pups2
02-23-2011, 11:12 AM
It's not just you hon. I think many are feeling it and are trying our best to find and get what fits our budgets and us but that is indeed difficult. I so hope that you get what you need to make your trip magical. Maybe a great new offer will come out very soon for you. :thumbsup:

disneyjo-91
02-23-2011, 12:25 PM
I have to agree with disney prices being outrageous. We used to go to disney 3x's a year and have stayed at deluxe, moderate and value- We love the poly however, dont think we will ever be able to afford to go there again. even in value season!
We havent been in 3 years. Now for my kids who have gone 17 times .. that is a long time to go without disney!
I think that with this economy and loss of jobs that disney would Lower their prices not raise them!
We started cruising. We did a 7 night cruise to bermuda last year for a family of 4 with a outside cabin on NCL and paid only 2200. April of 2009 (vacation week) we did a NCL cruise to St thomas, tortola and Dominican Republic and their private island for only $1900 for an inside cabin for 4 people.
We are finding Cruising is a much better deal and alot of fun.
We are giving disney a shot in Aug again this year.. $2300 for a moderate for 4 people including food.
Missing disney very much.. but also missing the good deals as well... ;)

Tigerinvestigator
02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
This is EXACTLY why I don't understand how anybody could stay at a deluxe. I can take three to four trips to a value resort for the cost of one deluxe trip. Just doesn't make sense to me! I am a park person though. If I want to sit around at a nice resort, I can do that anywhere in my own city. All I need is a place to sleep and it's off to the parks from open to close! :twocents:

Because some of us have too many people to stay at a value or moderate. Even the cheaper deluxe resorts are out of the question. I think alot of people think we all choose the deluxe resorts when in fact they are the only accomodations available to a family of 5 unless you get POR.

PopPhan
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Because some of us have too many people to stay at a value or moderate. Even the cheaper deluxe resorts are out of the question. I think alot of people think we all choose the deluxe resorts when in fact they are the only accomodations available to a family of 5 unless you get POR.

Often, it is cheaper to just get two rooms at a Value resort than to upgrade resort levels...AND in those cases, you get TWO bathrooms!!!

Auntie
02-24-2011, 10:38 PM

I think you answered your own question. You're a "parks person".
We've been visiting regulary since '91. We enjoy the amenities of the Deluxe resorts. In particular..the balcony. It's important to us. You don't get that in a value, or even in the moderates. I'm not one for spending day to night in the parks. We pick and choose the things we like and then check out anything new. Give the economy..we have curtailed how often we visit and the length of stay. Everyone knows that the Disney resorts are outrageously over priced. We don't visit because they're a great value, never have. Given the rates, it may mean we skip this year. Wouldn't be the first time. I do know that when we do go back, we'll stay Deluxe again.

KennyandKim
02-28-2011, 01:51 PM
This Sept will be our 3rd trip. The first time we stayed offsite because it was cheaper but after our trip onsite we would never stay offsite again. Our second trip was onsite and it was at POR with the dining plan. We loved stayin onsite but weren't happy about the walk to get anywhere on the resort because of where our room was located. On our Sept trip my husband insists he wil not stay anywhere but WL. He fell in love with this resort when we ate at Whispering Canyon. I want to stay club level so for now that is how we are booked. We are taking our twin daughters for their 16th birthday and our son doesn't want to go. He hates flying. Our trip is 4019.00 with dining plan staying 6 nights. As the trip draws closer it's more difficult for me to justify paying this much since we are going during value season. If need be I will forego the club level but we will still stay at WL.

Everthing in my life has increased in price. Food, gas, clothing, etc

Ian
02-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Great Wolf Lodge is $389/night (+ tax) for a family of four in a regular room. This includes tickets to the waterpark, but nothing more. 4 nights/4 days - $1560 (+ tax), + food & gas $$ to get there. Average meal cost for each day, bkfst, "snack" lunch, dinner runs about $150, so add in $600 for food. You're talking $2200 for 4 days!!I will completely agree with you about GWL. It's really expensive. My kids love GWL, but man ... it's really, really pricey. We went last year and we dropped a grand on just a two night stay. And we didn't have crazy accomodations either ... just like a Camp Cabin suite or something. It's like their second-from-the-bottom room category.

What really gets you is the food and entertainment. The room is expensive for sure, but it costs a small fortune to eat there two or three meals a day and when you factor in the arcade, spa, and whatever else your kids want ... Yikes!

I'm not really one who thinks Disney prices are all that crazy, to be honest. I think if you looked at it on a micro level you'd see that it compares favorably to just about every other form of entertainment there is ... it's just you do it for so long that it really adds up. I mean you pay $8 for a hot dog at the ball game, but you only do that once not nine days in a row!

We did a 7 night cruise to bermuda last year for a family of 4 with a outside cabin on NCL and paid only 2200. April of 2009 (vacation week) we did a NCL cruise to St thomas, tortola and Dominican Republic and their private island for only $1900 for an inside cabin for 4 people. I have to say that I think we, as a family, are really going to start incorporating cruising into our vacations as a replacement for one of our Disney trips.

We did an NCL cruise of the Mexican Riv in 2009. My kids loved it, it was very affordable, the service and amenities were top notch, and everyone had a blast. Totally agree with you on this one! :thumbsup:

If need be I will forego the club level but we will still stay at WL.Can I ask what makes you want to stay Club Level? I know there are lots of opinions contrary to mine, but I've done it and I think it's a huge waste of money. The only real benefit you get is the food and they've cut that back so far now I'd barely call it a benefit.

Seriously ... if you want my advice skip the "club level." It's a total waste.

johnO
02-28-2011, 09:53 PM

You could always do two rooms at a value. We've done it before with connecting rooms. Worked out great and was a good way to save money.

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
If you don't have the money at the time of booking your trip, should you really be going? By putting it on your card and slowly paying it off, how much extra money in interest are you paying on this "good deal". Things in 2011 are real different than just 5 yrs ago, and don't look for them to change any time soon.

PopPhan
03-02-2011, 03:21 PM
If you don't have the money at the time of booking your trip, should you really be going? By putting it on your card and slowly paying it off, how much extra money in interest are you paying on this "good deal". Things in 2011 are real different than just 5 yrs ago, and don't look for them to change any time soon.

If they are putting it on a Chase Disney Visa, there are no interest charges for 6 months AND no accrued interest on the trip amount!

Dsnygirl
03-02-2011, 03:40 PM

I don't think it's fair to make a judgement on whether or not they have the money to be travelling... vacations are a very personal decision, and I think this thread should remain about the cost of a Disney vacation, not whether or not someone should be spending their money on one.

Plus... if someone is used to deluxes and concierge level service, I think they're doing okay... ;)

pamickeys
03-02-2011, 03:49 PM
exactly, so if the cost is an issue,????????

Ian
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
exactly, so if the cost is an issue,????????I think what folks are gently trying to tell you is that openly passing judgement on how others spend their money is inappropriate at best and offensive at worst.

Might be time for you to move on to a new thread ... please ...

Goofy Texan
03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm starting to wonder if there is another motive to having such high prices at the deluxes. Like maybe Disney wants to encourage people to book the moderates (higher profit margin?).

It could be a supply and demand issue. Higher prices mean fewer will book. That means fewer rooms are needed, which means less staff are needed. Higher price means profit stays the same since less is being paid out for staff.

I'm not sure if that's it, but it sounds like something like that is going on. Maybe. Possibly.

DisneyQuester
03-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Have you thought about staying at a mod resort but still spending a day at Poly? Even though we cannot afford to stay at a deluxe we always take a day to enjoy one on every trip. Just take a bus to a park then take a bus back to the Poly and enjoy all its amenities. Good luck!

CaptSmee
03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I would imagine Easter week would be very expensive & crowded time to go, but I know what you are saying. Unless some great offer comes along my Wilderness Lodge rate for the end of Sept. is about $20 a night more than the past few years. :(

Magic Smiles
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I think that with this economy and loss of jobs that disney would Lower their prices not raise them!
We started cruising. We did a 7 night cruise to bermuda last year for a family of 4 with a outside cabin on NCL and paid only 2200. April of 2009 (vacation week) we did a NCL cruise to St thomas, tortola and Dominican Republic and their private island for only $1900 for an inside cabin for 4 people.
We are finding Cruising is a much better deal and alot of fun.

If Disney were to lower their prices with this economy that would probably mean layoffs for the employees of Disney. Then we would all be complaining even more about the service at Disney. Inflation is a fact of life even though we don't enjoy the paying :(, we do all want raises which drives the prices up.

We also have started cruising. In fact we just got back last Sunday from a 7 night South Caribbean cruise, but comparing an outside or inside cabin on a cruise ship to a Disney Resort does not even come close. :twocents: We have stayed in both a suite and a balcony room on our cruises. The suite was amazing but was definitely in the same price range as a Disney Vacation for 1 week if not more expensive, so was the balcony room. You also have to pay for all your excursions on the islands which add up quickly.
We are headed to WDW 2 May for 16 nights at the POFQ and are paying less for that room than we paid for our suite for 7 nights on the cruise.

Harriet
03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I agree with you I am glad I went last year as that was proably my last trip at this point. I can no longer afford DISNEY. Not only are the rooms rates sky high so are airfares,gas food and ticket prices. My next vacaation should there be one will be HOME.

luvdiznee
03-05-2011, 07:53 PM
We may start looking into cruising as well. We are going on a 4 day to the Bahamas next month, getting our feet wet again, so to speak. We cut some days off from Disney to do this. :secret:Wanted to do a Disney cruise again, but the comparison to RCCL, well there was none.

Can't wait to try that Oasis of the Seas, one day. :thumbsup:

Jillirose
03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Try the Dolphin. Deluxe accommodations, at a better price and great location. We just got back and loved it.

AndrewJackson
03-05-2011, 10:26 PM
You might (and I stress might) do better trying to rent some DVC points. I went in on the member website and just threw in some guideline dates (4/23 - 4/30) for a Magic Kingdom view studio at Bay Lake Tower. It would be 241 points which on rental would probably cost you about $2,650. That comes to around $380 a night.

This is what we are doing. We are not staying Easter week, but rather a few weeks earlier. We rented points, and are staying at Saratoga Springs for 6 nights for $900 total - no tax. The rack rate was $2,700 through Central reservations. At one point, they were running a special rate of 30% off - it still would have been around $1900.

Renting DVC points is a great deal! We have done this for 5 or 6 vacations. If you shop around, you can get the room at 67% off of the rack rate, or even 50% off of the discounted rate.

Fastpasssteve
03-06-2011, 03:16 AM
I would suggest staying at Old Key West Resort. It has lovely accommodations, is a much larger resort, and will be less crowded during that particular window of time.

Anyone can stay at a Disney Vacation Club Resort, assuming they have room. You might be pleasantly surprised.

I also love the Saratoga Springs Resort. So lovely, lots of space. Consider.

Ian
03-07-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm starting to wonder if there is another motive to having such high prices at the deluxes. Like maybe Disney wants to encourage people to book the moderates (higher profit margin?).

It could be a supply and demand issue. It really is a supply and demand issue. Believe it or not, the deluxe resorts fill up very quickly. They're far and away the most desirable resorts on property and there are thousands of people out there will to pay high prices to stay in them.

Typically if you look for a reservation during a busier time period, you're not going to find much availability at the deluxes. That's why they command the high prices.

DryCreek
03-09-2011, 10:12 PM
We also have started cruising. In fact we just got back last Sunday from a 7 night South Caribbean cruise, but comparing an outside or inside cabin on a cruise ship to a Disney Resort does not even come close. :twocents: We have stayed in both a suite and a balcony room on our cruises. The suite was amazing but was definitely in the same price range as a Disney Vacation for 1 week if not more expensive, so was the balcony room. You also have to pay for all your excursions on the islands which add up quickly.
We are headed to WDW 2 May for 16 nights at the POFQ and are paying less for that room than we paid for our suite for 7 nights on the cruise.
I am an avid (rabid?) Disney fan. I have been since I was stationed in Orlando back in 1980 and 1981.
Last year my wife insisted that we do something different - she wanted to go on a cruise. I shopped and came up with an excellent package. It was a 5 day Western Caribbean departing from Galveston Texas. We chose Carnival and "sailed" on the Ecstasy. The total cost for this vacation was just over $900 total. That figure includes the round trip driving fuel from Central Texas, parking, pre-trip hotel stay and all cruise related costs. We booked an inside room and made our own adventures at the ports of call.
My take? The food was on par with the best TS restaurants we frequent on the DP. The entertainment? Well, bless their hearts...it was horrible. Their stage shows were around the same quality of the ones we are "treated" to at Six Flags Over Texas - actually not as good, on second thought. We were pretty bored during the sea days. We are not the lay around and sun kinda' folks. We can lay around our pool here at home - and for less money too! Thankfully, I think that no future cruises are in our vacation plans.
This year? The wife wants to go and explore New Mexico. We will be hauling the camper out to Albuquerque and then fanning out from there.
I have put my foot down - 2012 is the year for the epic "Return To WDW"! for us.
Let's face it folks - you can't get any easier planning than an all-inclusive stay at "The World". I do all, and I do mean ALL of our vacation planning. I have to figure out stops along the way (when hauling the camper), parking, flights, hotels, meal and fuel stops, etc. The mouse may charge more, but he sure does make it easier on me. Drive to DFW, park at the remote lot, and then DME to funville! Now that we have decided TS fits our roll-with-the-flow vacation lifestyle, I don't even sweat ADR's any more.
You get what you pay for. It really is that simple (at least for vacations).

thejens
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM
I love WDW, but yes, the economy is having an impact on us. Last year we did stay at a mod for the first time, POFQ, and were pleasantly surprised. We really liked it. This year we are doing a 7 night cruise and getting a big savings. I want to go back to WDW someday, but it is tough to justify the expense when there are other, less expensive and very nice, options.