PDA

View Full Version : Transportation from our Disney resort

luvdiznee
02-12-2011, 08:04 PM
to Port Canaveral, for our cruise. And then from Pt Canaveral to MCO. Looking for quickest and cheapest (mainly quickest) for getting to the ship.

Getting to MCO, no rush but the quicker and cheaper the better. Any suggestions, Please!

If we go with the car rental, as has been suggested, but I am not crazy about, where do I pick up from, since we will be leaving from our resort to get to PC.

luvdiznee
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Anyone? :marg:

KylesMom
02-17-2011, 01:54 PM
If we go with the car rental, as has been suggested, but I am not crazy about, where do I pick up from, since we will be leaving from our resort to get to PC.

There is a National / Alamo Car Rental desk at the Dolphin's Guest Services area. You could pick the car up, return to your resort for your luggage, and away you go. However, I don't know about the logistics of returning the National rental upon arrival at port, and then picking it back up to go to the airport.

In this instance, I think it might be quicker/easier to order a car service to port & back to MCO. Just my opinion, but renting a car & having to worry about where you are going to drop it off and get to the ship may be more stress than it's worth.

Another option would be to have Enterprise drop off a rental car directly to your resort. Not sure if they do this in Florida, but they do here in Illinois. I know that Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz & Thrifty have rental car drop-off/shuttle service at port. It's my understanding that with the above six companies, you drop the car off, take their shuttle to the ship & then you can resume your car rental upon returning to port.

For your particular situation, I still think it would be much less stressful and quicker to use a car service. And I'm a HUGE advocate of renting a car while in Orlando! :mickey:

luvdiznee
02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
In this instance, I think it might be quicker/easier to order a car service to port & back to MCO. Just my opinion, but renting a car & having to worry about where you are going to drop it off and get to the ship may be more stress than it's worth.

For your particular situation, I still think it would be much less stressful and quicker to use a car service. And I'm a HUGE advocate of renting a car while in Orlando! :mickey:

I'm about ready to do this. :thedolls:

Thank You