PDA

View Full Version : All star buses

Disney_pups2
02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
In the past, several times we have had ordeals with over full buses, to the point of waiting in the hot sun for over 4 hours on a bus to show up that wasn't fully occupied. This has only happened to us at the All Stars resorts. I know that about 5-6 years ago they had just put into motion a new "airport" style bus scheduling and management. Has this cleared these problems up any more than in the past?

Strmchsr
02-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Full buses are still an issue at all the resorts, not just the values, at peak times of the day, but they have gotten more efficient with the buses.

johnO
02-13-2011, 02:10 AM
it can still get bad

ransam
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
it's been an issue, but we've never waited that long...wow.

LudwigVonDrake
02-14-2011, 06:20 AM
I've never waited that long for a bus :jaw:

Donalds Duckie
02-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Is AS Music first or second on the AS bus route?

Wow, 4-5 hours for a bus!? Yikes!

johnO
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
AS Music is second

Goofy4TheWorld
02-14-2011, 11:35 PM
If you stay at All-Stars Music or Movies you will (almost) NEVER get first-pick on an arriving bus because it will always have picked up guests at Sports first. You can so no-thanks to a full bus all day long and as long as Sports is still filling buses up you are out of luck. It is a fundamental flaw at the All Star resorts with only one solution...

Stay at Pop Century! There is only one bus stop and you never share with another resort. Sure there are 6,000 people staying at your resort, but you can guarantee a seat on the bus by waiting on the next (or next) bus if sitting down is important to you. You simply don't have that option at the All Star resorts.

My worst-ever bus service was all week at the Contemporary, while my hands-down best bus service was at Pop Century each and every day except when leaving MVMCP where we waited until the 5th bus to get loaded (but it only took 25 minutes to get to load that 5th bus).

Disney_pups2
02-15-2011, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. Pop Century is not an option because our family size is too big. We have 6 going more than likely at best 5. Therefore we need the suites at Music.
The 4 hour wait during August in front of Blizzard beach was in deed complained about and they did eventually make good on the incident. The horrifying part of this incident was the poor special needs child sitting next to us with no cover in a black wheel chair being told periodically by a cast member on a bike that a bus would be here soon. Needless to say, it took about another 30-45 minutes or more from the arrival of said cast member to rectify the sittuation as all buses that arrived thereon out were full until he told them to purposely send a resting bus over. It was a horrible day for about 12-15 clients, all waiting in Florida's sweltering sun. I am taking my cerebral palsic son this year and would really not like to repeat this, therefore, we may go another route. Thank you all.

johnO
02-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the replies. Pop Century is not an option because our family size is too big. We have 6 going more than likely at best 5. Therefore we need the suites at Music.
The 4 hour wait during August in front of Blizzard beach was in deed complained about and they did eventually make good on the incident. The horrifying part of this incident was the poor special needs child sitting next to us with no cover in a black wheel chair being told periodically by a cast member on a bike that a bus would be here soon. Needless to say, it took about another 30-45 minutes or more from the arrival of said cast member to rectify the sittuation as all buses that arrived thereon out were full until he told them to purposely send a resting bus over. It was a horrible day for about 12-15 clients, all waiting in Florida's sweltering sun. I am taking my cerebral palsic son this year and would really not like to repeat this, therefore, we may go another route. Thank you all.

Having six people shouldn't stop you from staying in a value. You could always get connecting rooms which might even be cheaper than a suite. Just a thought..yeah?

PrettyMinnie
02-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Having six people shouldn't stop you from staying in a value. You could always get connecting rooms which might even be cheaper than a suite. Just a thought..yeah?

I agree. We are a family of 6 as well and connecting rooms at Pop have always been our best option. Perhaps this isn't the case for you, but I would try running the numbers because it may turn out that 2 connecting rooms is on the cheaper side. Plus you get 2 bathrooms to get ready in the morning. Just a suggestion if you are really concerned about buses.

Mousemates
02-15-2011, 03:02 PM
. Plus you get 2 bathrooms to get ready in the morning.

To me, that alone makes a two room stay at a value a better value than the family suite.

johnO
02-15-2011, 04:36 PM
In 2007 we stayed at Pop. there was five of us and we got two connecting rooms. Me, DW and DD stayed in one room while DS and DSs BF stayed in the other. It worked out great!

Our other option at that time was to uprgrade to a Mod for about the same price. I couldnt imagine all of us packed into on room at POR.

TheVBs
02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Wow! We always stay at ASMu and have never had to wait long at all for a bus! I think our top wait time was 20 minutes. I don't know if you experienced that during peak season? We always go off season.

Disney_pups2
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
This incident was during August.. I think it was late August so right at the end of Peak. We have had a lot of problems at the All stars over the last 10 years, which makes me leary. We did run the numbers on 2 rooms and it ends up being cheaper to book with AAA by $500 rather than booking with Disney and for $200 more total we can get in the cabins, so I think I will go that route. Thank you all so much for the ideas. :thumbsup:

waymickey
02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
just some advice. While the cabins are beautiful and more than enough room for your group bussing can be a hassle. They share buses with both the Grand floridian and the Wildrness Lodge. and there are many stops inside the camp grounds. We stay at the WL most visits and we go to the campgrounds on certain bus routes. I did notice must bus stops have benches and cover in the campgrounds. Good luck and have fun.

Disney_pups2
02-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Thanks hon.. we have stayed at mainly All stars and Cabins in the past and never had a problem with transportation at the cabins. Especially since we can take the boat to MK and then the boat to MK and the monorail to Epcot... Thank you so much for the thoughts. I was not aware they share the buses though.. good info. :thumbsup:

Lizzie
02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
We stayed at the family suites at All Star Music and had two bathroom. And the kitchen area was so great.

PinKy
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Try Pop Century. They have their own bus and while crowded - its not NEARLY as bad as the All-Stars as far as bus crowds. :-)

I didn't see if you had stayed at Pop before (in your signature), but if you haven't, you should give it a try - we just love it - highly recommend it!:mickey:

Disney_pups2
02-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks Pinky, I am trying to check into this as it seems to be about $50 a night cheaper and does have their own bus. BUT I am having problem after problem right now with Disney. Ugh... Thank you so much for the suggestions.