PDA

View Full Version : Room discounts or free dining- when most likely?

mom2morgan
02-12-2011, 05:32 PM
I know there are no guarantees, but does anyone know historically when room rate discounts are most likely to happen. For instance, we're looking at either October or May next year - which might be more likely to have a discount? There is no way we could afford full price next year (one kid heading off to college) so we're hoping to catch a break ;-) Also - I'm thinking in MOST cases a room only discount would probably save more money than free dining (and I'm also thinking free dining would impact crowd sizes). Any thoughts on that?

Daisy'sMom
02-12-2011, 06:54 PM
I know there are no guarantees, but does anyone know historically when room rate discounts are most likely to happen. For instance, we're looking at either October or May next year - which might be more likely to have a discount? There is no way we could afford full price next year (one kid heading off to college) so we're hoping to catch a break ;-) Also - I'm thinking in MOST cases a room only discount would probably save more money than free dining (and I'm also thinking free dining would impact crowd sizes). Any thoughts on that?

I'm looking for a good discount on rooms for October. I don't think they will be out til end of March but then again, I have no idea.
Is this your first going off to college? I had a meltdown when they started to leave.....Good luck.:mickey:

mom2morgan
02-12-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm looking for a good discount on rooms for October. I don't think they will be out til end of March but then again, I have no idea.
Is this your first going off to college? I had a meltdown when they started to leave.....Good luck.:mickey:
Yes, she's my first! I've got to say, though, that for the last few months she has been more-or-less insufferable. I think that is nature's way of making us not so sad when they leave! LOL

Cinderelley
02-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Yes, she's my first! I've got to say, though, that for the last few months she has been more-or-less insufferable. I think that is nature's way of making us not so sad when they leave! LOL

With a 16 year old and a 19 year old at home, I have to agree with that logic. ;)