PDA

View Full Version : Using PIN but can't choose a basic room

Pop Centurion
02-12-2011, 12:04 PM
I recently received a PIN for 35% off a value resort. As I went through the process online I noticed I had a preferred room selected with no option to select a non-preferred.

Anyone else experience this when booking with a PIN online?

Could this be Disney's way of offsetting the discount by forcing you into a more expensive room or is it that there's no non-pref rooms left for that particular discount. I know for a fact that there's non-pref rooms available for the same time frame.

Has anyone else experienced this while using a PIN?
I wonder if I book over the phone if I'll have better luck?

I can kick myself for forgetting to book the free DDP deal. :mad:

forever a child
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Pin Codes are limited to the amount of rooms available at each resort. I used this same pin code and got a standard room at a value resort...but I booked it one day after receiving the code over a month ago. Try choosing another resort and you may have more options available. That pin code has been available to some for over a month now and choices for booking will be limited if there has been a lot of response to it. You could also try another date and see if that changes your options. Or you could book with the preferred and before the deadline call and see if any standard rooms have become available (if anyone failed to pay their deposit and the reservation was canceled as a result).

Sorry...but hope you find something that works for you. :mickey:

DizneyRox
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
As stated, rooms can be limited that are offered at any promotional rate. There could have bene only one of the standard rooms offered, maybe none.

Kindof like the signs outside of stores that say Up to 70% off. Only one item in the store needs to be 70% off, the rest could be full price.