PDA

View Full Version : Overwhelmed! Help!

kim1st
02-12-2011, 08:42 AM
When we went to Disney in 2006, I did not deal search and booked everything directly through Disney. We had a great (but expensive) trip.
This go around, we would really like to try to be a little bit smarter - look for a deal, pick a time to travel mostly based on best intersection of crowds, price & weather.
My mother in law ALSO wants to join us this time around, so we need to figure out the most economical arrangement without all sleeping on top of one another.
Example - not sure if we should hurry to save money on the kids' park tickets with the kids play & stay free, or wait until the fall when we could possibly stay longer and maybe get better flight deals. Also seems like it would be less expensive to just book 2 resort rooms instead of booking a 2 bedroom villa.

Strmchsr
02-12-2011, 09:33 AM
I would strongly urge you to book through Magical Journeys. They will present all the options for you and help you get the best deal. And if a better deal comes up between now and when you travel, they'll adjust your reservation with no hassle on your part.

The kids stay n play really is not a great deal. The kids DDP is not very expensive anyway, and the tickets aren't a huge deal. Unless you have a bunch of kids, I think you could get a much better deal taking a room only deal or something else. But, MJ will crunch all the numbers for you and let you know.

I think you're right on the 2 rooms vs. 1 2 br villa. The 2 rooms at a value usually turns out to be a much better deal.

Don't worry about crowds. They're high year round now. There are certainly busier times than others, but you won't find an empty time anymore. You just have to pick a time and go. As for weather. mid-September through mid-November is probably the best weather-wise. The crowds start dying down a bit in late April (except this year with Easter being so late) but May can get very hot (low to mid 90s the last 2 years). September can be hot, too, but it's usually not as bad and crowds seem a little lower than May.

disneymom15
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Totally agree with STRMCHSR. Magical Journeys is wonderful to work with. One thing he didn't mention is, it's a FREE service.

caryrae
02-12-2011, 10:47 AM
:ditto:

forever a child
02-12-2011, 11:30 AM
I agree that MJ is a great way to go...but if you are like me...I like to crunch my own numbers. :thumbsup: If not and you want someone else to figure it out...then definitely try MJ.

Also agree that there is no slow time at WDW anymore. There are some times that are extremely busy...like the week up to Christmas through to the New Year. But that being said...I would choose a time of the year or event perhaps that you are interested in or a time that works good with kids school schedule or your work schedule.

I loved Disney at Christmas (we went the second week in December and I LOVED it!). But DD likes to know that it is going to be warm enough to do water rides and have later evenings to stay in the parks...so spring or fall is great. She really has been wanting to go for the Halloween season (which I am less interested in)...so I would choose based in those factors.

You didn't mention how many children and their ages...so to offer suggestions for rooms is a bit difficult without that information. If you like to lounge at your resorts, then two values may not be as enjoyable as villas or a moderate...but if you plan on spending a lot of time in parks than it would seem like that would be a great way to go.

Post some more info or contact MJ and have fun planning!:mickey:

Darbylew
02-12-2011, 11:59 AM
I also agree that MJ is a good way to go. I also
agree that WDW is always busy. We went in
October and the crowds weren't so bad but last
May was even better. Going in March but before
Easter so maybe it won't be so bad. I hope not
and I sure hope the weather is nice. We live in
Florida and it has been quite chilly here. Here
in Florida the weather changes quickly so I we
always go prepared. Have a great time. :thumbsup:

TinkerbellT421
02-12-2011, 12:09 PM
I would strongly urge you to book through Magical Journeys. They will present all the options for you and help you get the best deal. And if a better deal comes up between now and when you travel, they'll adjust your reservation with no hassle on your part.

Triple ditto!

mook3y
02-12-2011, 01:11 PM
Triple ditto!

:exactly:

dtootsie42
02-12-2011, 02:26 PM

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto! Magical Journeys is simply wonderful!

kemps@wdw
02-13-2011, 12:25 AM
We actually booked our entire vaca this year thru Southwest. All of it...flights, magical express, resorts, tickets, dining plans, in a package deal. Was a little apprehensive as we have always done it all ourselves, but was pleasantly surprised and very satisified with them overall. Would recommend anyone to consider them. :thumbsup:

kim1st
02-14-2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks so much! I'll be sure to let everyone know what we decide and how it goes. Knowing that MJ will help with the deal-finding, and knowing that the S&P free isn't the big deal that we shouldn't pass up help. Our last trip was in the fall, and it was a really nice time to travel, so we'll probably try that again.

PopPhan
02-14-2011, 08:51 AM
I agree that MJ is a great way to go...but if you are like me...I like to crunch my own numbers. :thumbsup: If not and you want someone else to figure it out...then definitely try MJ.

LOL I like to number crunch myself, but still book through MJ!!! After I give Denise all my trip info, I spend all my time trying to find better deals -- to see if I can trip her/MJ up!! Haven't been able to beat MJ yet!!!

brivers222
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
we have our honeymoon booked with Debbie from MJ's... awesome and friendly experience so far :)

forever a child
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
LOL I like to number crunch myself, but still book through MJ!!! After I give Denise all my trip info, I spend all my time trying to find better deals -- to see if I can trip her/MJ up!! Haven't been able to beat MJ yet!!!

I can't give up the control. :bang: I have tried twice now and once I end up changing everything...I just cancel with MJ and do it all myself. I know MJ get's great ratings here on Intercot and I know they are helpful..but they are not for everyone. ;) I want to do it myself as I find it fun! :crazy: So far...everything they have found for me...I have found for myself...or the discount came from the pin code I gave them and they couldn't beat it.