PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate to stay?

disneymomma2010
02-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Im hoping, if finances get better in a few months, to book another trip this oct. Last october we stayed at POR and loved it! We loved the at home feel and quietness of it. That being said, i would really like to experience all of the resorts that i can so if you had to choose between CBR, CSR, or staying POR again, which would you choose? Is CSR the only moderate with queen beds? I do remember feeling very squished at POR.Thanks!

deedeenmickey
02-11-2011, 07:09 PM
The only mod I have never stayed in was POR. However, POFQ is my favorite mod. I would recommend you stay in each of them so if I were you I would try CBR next. It has a nice feel to it and a good food court and pool. CSR has a nice food court but it is expensive. It is different than the other mod food courts because it is a convention hotel. The pool is nice though.

forever a child
02-11-2011, 07:44 PM
We have stayed at all of the moderates except for CBR (which we will plan to do for some future trip). That being said....POR is our favorite resort so far from all of our stays! We are looking forward to getting back there again some day too! LOL

If you like the "feel" of POR which I totally understand because I just find it so relaxing with all of the trees...but you want to try something different...then try the sister resort POFQ. I did not care for it as much as POR....but like you we are wanting to experience all of the resorts.

CSR has queen beds and POFQ is being renovated currently and apparently they are being upgraded to queen beds as well. Once POFQ is completed with it's renovation...then POR is next in line and (hopefully) will receive the queen bed upgrade as well. Which would be nice then that all of the moderates would have them and you could choose your resort based on themeing and not on the bed size! :thumbsup:

Have fun choosing!:mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-11-2011, 09:25 PM
We have stayed at all the moderates at least once and POR is our favorite, especially the Mansions. Alligator Bayou, not so much. Will be spending a few days there in June.

POFQ is very nice and is a much more compact resort.

CSR is huge, but nice pool and water slide. Not a fan of the whole Pepper Market concept.

Only stayed at CBR once, didn't like it never went back. Can't really put a finger on why, just didn't like the "feel" of it.

LuvAllPrincesses
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Our last stay was also POR and we also loved it. We decided to switch over to POFQ for next trip. I hate to say it's just for the beignets (for me) and the chocolate chip pancakes (for DD9) but it's also for the layout, size, and atmosphere. I took a few jogs over from POR last trip and decided then and there that we would try it out next. And that was before knowing about the renovations with queen beds...now I know it's the right choice! We did CBR and don't care to go back..and I'm a big (real) Caribbean beach lover.

Kairi_7378
02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Try FQ... that way you're close enough to share the amenities of POR.

Mousemates
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
If you like access to a hot tub then CSR.

Mousemates
02-11-2011, 11:31 PM
Only stayed at CBR once, didn't like it never went back. Can't really put a finger on why, just didn't like the "feel" of it.

:ditto: to us it just feels like anywhere else in central florida

buzz2001
02-12-2011, 07:40 AM
I love CSR! It has some much to offer in a resort.

The main pool area is one of the best I seen at WDW. CSR has the largest hot tub on WDW property and the longest pool slide of the mods. Its also great to have the arcade & playground in this same area.

CSR Also has queen beds which is a big plus. The rooms were renovated in 2009 too!

Some of the extra features are the fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2011, 09:08 AM
We're big POFQ fans, love the compact size of the resort, the theming and DD likes the pool.

It is being renovated right now, so the rooms will be fresh and new for a while, with queen beds! We also like that you can take advantage of the amenities at both POR and POFQ :)

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-12-2011, 09:23 AM
If you really desire to try other resorts then pick either CBR or CSR. We have gone to POR twice. Really loved it both times. We choose it the second time because we were bringing some along who had never been to WDW before. We new she'd love the atmosphere of POR.

That being said, we have also stayed at CBR in the Pirate themed rooms. We really enjoyed our stay there also. I liked the themed rooms at CBR better than PORs rooms, but overall feel POR wins for me. I still have a desire to try CSR though. I think you'll find there will be lots of people that will be positive towards certain resorts and negative also to others.

The only way you'll know for sure is to try it yourselves. If you don't you'll always second guess yourself. I don't think, even at it's worst, any of the resorts you stay at would be so bad as to ruin your whole vacation. The other thing I found is that Staying at CBR made me realize how much I really liked the feel of POR.

Next up for me.....saving for AKL April 2012??? Hopefully, as long as I can pass up this urge to go to SWW this June.

Follow your heart!

johnO
02-13-2011, 02:23 AM
We really like CSR

WDWgoofy
02-13-2011, 08:13 AM
My favorite moderate is CBR.

But I've never stayed at POFQ or POR(Alligator Bayou)

LudwigVonDrake
02-13-2011, 11:41 AM
POFQ. It's much smaller and compact plus they do have beignets :tasty: :wave:

Mitzie
02-14-2011, 01:48 PM
We have stayed at POR, CRB and CSR...POR was our favorite. Loved the theming and the grounds. All the moderates have their pluses and minuses. The boat to DTD for POR or FQ is very nice. The food court is right off the main pool area at CRB plus they have a nice kids play area by the main pool. CSR has queen beds and has alittle bit more upscale feel. All are large with multiple bus stops. For us it boils down to how they make you feel and what appeals to you. It's Disney...love it all.

Jeany031
02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
CBR is my Favorite Moderate resort! I really wanted to stay in CBR for March 18-20 2011! I hope!:mickey:

izy
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Coronado Springs is by far our favorite resort and we have stayed at several on site.
Don't get all hung up on the "convention center" thing. We stayed there twice when they had very large conventions going on (one was a national cheerleader convention) and you do not feel any impact or bothered by noise. There is plenty of room there for everyone.
The pools are awesome and are not overcrowded. As far as Peppers Market, there is a lot of variety to choose from and the prices are no more expensive than anywhere else at WDW. The food is delicious.
Long, leisurely walks at night around the lake is a sight beyond words. Can't wait to go back....:thumbsup:

GothMickey
02-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Disneymomma (love the name!). I have stayed at CBR and CSR. Coronado Springs is a rather large resort. You can be far from the main lobby where the food court is, and of course, the restaurants. I didn't find anything special about Pepper Market. The theme of CSR is fantastic though. I took a few strolls, at night, around the entire resort. It is huge, but beautiful.

As for Caribbean Beach, LOVED IT! Another resort where you could be far from the food court (which is better than Pepper Market, I feel), but not as far. I stayed in Aruba I think, and the walk from my room to the food court was only 5 minutes. I loved the air conditioner in the rooms at CBR too. I love the room nice and cold when I come back from a very hot day at the parks. CBR satisfied me greatly.

As for the bus service, you'll be making a few stops at each section of the resorts, since they are big. I never remember much of an issue with the bus service though.

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2011, 12:45 PM
CSR is our favorite, followed by POR. CSR has really nice rooms and pool. The grounds are beautiful and the fool court is our favorite on property at Disney - fresh variety and good food.

goofy-4-disney
02-16-2011, 01:34 PM
CBR is my favorite moderate resort. We've stayed at all of the moderates and just enjoyed CBR the most. My least favorite is CSR. Eventhough we were at Disney we just never really enjoyed our time at that resort.

Granny Jill A
02-16-2011, 01:59 PM
If you like access to a hot tub then CSR.

I think POFQ also has a hot tub. I picked up a nice case of ringworm there.

darthmacho
02-16-2011, 02:40 PM
It's not an easy choice is it? I think it's because the quality of the moderates is high, which is a good thing. If I was going to choose a moderate today, I'd be torn too, for the following reasons:

We (DW & I) stayed in CSR in 1999, and loved it, and would love to visit again.
We stayed in POR in 2010, our first WDW trip as a family of 4, and loved it!!
We have never stayed at CBR, but are unsure it's as good as the two at which we've stayed.
We've never stayed at POFQ, but visited there while at POR, and thought it might, because of the proximity, be a benefit to stay there, and have access to both again.

Anyhow, we loved POR so much, I think the leading choice would be to stay at there and request an Alligator Bayou room for something a little different. Last time we stayed at Magnolia Terrace, and we like the rustic look in the AB rooms. If you like POR, you might try a similar strategy? Good luck! I don't think you can make a bad decision. :mickey:

disneymomma2010
02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup: thanks everyone! so helpful. I think we will stay at the CBR. We really wanted to go last fall and had it booked but then had to change to POR cause we were going with a family of 5. I really liked POR much more than i thought i would and definatly would like to stay there again but you dont know what your favorite is until you try them all right?

disneymomma2010
02-17-2011, 11:43 AM
......thanks buzz2001. Your website is great. You almost have my mind changed to try the CSR first. The queen beds is the biggest plus for me.

Dsnygirl
02-17-2011, 09:28 PM
We are another vote for CBR... we have never stayed at any other moderate, and seriously considered going POFQ or POR for our upcoming trip.

However, having visited POFQ so we could catch a boat to DTD, I found I really didn't care for it as much as I thought I would, esp. based on all the rave reviews it gets. There are definitely perks to staying there -- the food court, the beignets, the Scat Cat Lounge -- but I just didn't enjoy the "feel" of the resort. We tend to like winding pathways and lots of palm trees & tropical flowers, etc... coming from Upstate NY, we're looking for something completely different than what we live with every day. ;)

I think it all comes down to what kind of "ambience" you want... some people like the dignified, groomed look of POFQ and the mansions at POR... but I think I prefer the look of POR's Alligator Bayou -- I'm just not ready for the busing issues that come with staying that far out.

So, we're headed back to CBR -- it's just the look, & the feel we enjoy, even though we keep saying we want to branch out... :blush: